DVDVR Message Board

All Out III - 9/5/2021

Dolfan in NYC

40 minutes ago, Casey said:

PAC vs Andrade is off the card due to travel issues and is postponed until a "future Rampage". The women's battle royal will be taking its place.

Oh this sucks, Andrade is in desperate need of a big match ASAP. He’s still kinda awkward on the mic so he needs to get in the ring desperately to remind everyone how good he is.

1 minute ago, eikerir said:

Looks like it’s Pac who’s stuck here in the UK, they should’ve given Andrade another opponent, he really needs a big showcase.

In other news - Leyla Hirsch, Abadon and KILYNN KING (!!!) have been added to the battle royale.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I'd gladly take an unadvertised Andrade vs Buddy Murphy match.

You'll take Andrade vs Billy Gunn's idiot kid and you'll like it mister.  

---

The card should be finalized.  Of course, they're probably going to add like 3 more things on Friday. grr.

• Haha 4

So I just spent what felt like a half hour sorting things out with Bleacher Report chat support just to ensure I not only have my past events but that I'll have no issues with seeing it on the app.  I'll miss not having the Android TV versions (I know, first world problems) but casting from the phone app will do fine for me.

But as I'm going through this it dawned on me.  My excitement for the show is really sky-high to the point that no matter what I'm getting this to work as intended.  I know it sounds weird but I don't see it as much different as when calling Comcast and making sure a show from 98 will actually show up on the InDemand channel.  It's hard to explain yet the excitement in getting it all to work feels so familiar to me.  I love it.

• Like 3

I must have had the easiest transition to the new app. All I did was create an account, add the email from my br live account, and all of my previously ordered stuff was there. 

My biggest concern is if this new app is in any way better than BR Live for watching the show as it happens. BR Live fucking sucks. You can't rewind or pause. You're basically fucked unless you open br live on Chrome on a desktop or laptop and stream that window to your TV. 

I'm honestly thinking about just ordering off of Fite. I already use NordVPN. I assume I just set my VPN to Canada and then I'm good to go? Does Fite let you pause and rewind the broadcast? This shit is now essential having a newborn in the house. 

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

I must have had the easiest transition to the new app. All I did was create an account, add the email from my br live account, and all of my previously ordered stuff was there. 

My biggest concern is if this new app is in any way better than BR Live for watching the show as it happens. BR Live fucking sucks. You can't rewind or pause. You're basically fucked unless you open br live on Chrome on a desktop or laptop and stream that window to your TV. 

I'm honestly thinking about just ordering off of Fite. I already use NordVPN. I assume I just set my VPN to Canada and then I'm good to go? Does Fite let you pause and rewind the broadcast? This shit is now essential having a newborn in the house. 

Yes you can pause and rewind and there’s  a “live” button to just take you to the NOW. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Log said:

I was thinking maybe Andrade somehow helps Lucha Bros win the titles. Then he can really double down on the "I will be better for your careers than Pac" stuff. "Where was he when you needed him?", etc.

He's got to be on the show in some capacity and involvement with the Lucha Bros while Pac is still stuck in England fits the narrative they've gone for like a glove. Imo it'll be consoling them and telling them he'd never not have their backs after Cutler manages to spray them in the face from the outside. If they do win, he can cut Cutler off. Santana and Ortiz in NYC seems like the title change to make but I will not complain one bit should they go with the Brothers here. I love the conservative, old school title reigns approach AEW does because we know it's a big deal, titles matter, and there will be the likes of Rude that never reach the very top. 

As for Santana and Ortiz, I'm not sure it's just bad chemistry with FTR or they waited way too long to give us these tag matches, but neither match has lived up to my very lofty expectations. I get that the first one was in a helluva tough spot following the crowd deflating Dark Order/Hangman loss but they got the prestigious opening match slot last night and, while it was better than the first, still didn't come close to the heights I was expecting. If they do get a run, I don't imagine it'll be half as long as the Bucks', but maybe they come into their own should this be how it plays out. Lucha Bros are a safer bet in terms of consistent output but Santana and Ortiz feel better primed and NYC seems too perfect, especially now that we can probably say we are not getting Kingston/Miro at the show (they don't do many rematches, Omega/Christian aside). 

• Like 2

Lucha Bros vs Santana & Ortiz is also a good match. Happened a few times in Impact, but that was a while ago now, and not many people saw it at the time (they had a bunch of rematches on smaller indies too; One was even featured on BTE because the Bucks did a run in).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Might want to test a past show on B/R and see how it plays when you cast it.  I tried DoN just now and it shows up fine on my phone but not when casting.  That was via app and website.  So since I'm using SurfShark VPN I'm just gonna but it off Fite.

I'm sure they have their reasons and deadlines but this was a pretty bad time to do the migration for B/R.  It's one thing to get things restored but without a stable way to show it on TV I don't feel too confident in them for this show.  Hopefully for the next PPV they'll have things sorted out.

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

You'll take Andrade vs Billy Gunn's idiot kid and you'll like it mister.  

I don't know about that. Feels too early for either Andrade or Colton to take the L. But it's not like Andrade's been setting the world on fire either.

Edited by John from Cincinnati

16 hours ago, Casey said:

In other news - Leyla Hirsch, Abadon and KILYNN KING (!!!) have been added to the battle royale.

I know it's supposed to look like he's adjusting his mask, but in reality it just looks like he's starring in a rudo remake of Home Alone and is fixing to foul Joe Pesci.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I don't know about that. Feels too early for either Andrade or Colton to take the L. But it's not like Andrade's been setting the world on fire either.

Andrade can beat Austin (with outside interference) but no way should he beat Da Man, Colten Gunn. 

• Haha 1

Yeah, the PNP/FTR matches were good but didn’t quite match the lofty expectations for those teams. 

Cash, in particular, seemed very off his game mentally last night. There was that obvious awkward bit where he went to the wrong corner for the Power Plex, and then seemed to bail on whatever he was supposed to do with Santana in that corner. But there was also the bit where he sure seemed to try going into the finishing stretch, like, 2/3 of the way through the match.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So I just spent what felt like a half hour sorting things out with Bleacher Report chat support just to ensure I not only have my past events but that I'll have no issues with seeing it on the app.  I'll miss not having the Android TV versions (I know, first world problems) but casting from the phone app will do fine for me.

But as I'm going through this it dawned on me.  My excitement for the show is really sky-high to the point that no matter what I'm getting this to work as intended.  I know it sounds weird but I don't see it as much different as when calling Comcast and making sure a show from 98 will actually show up on the InDemand channel.  It's hard to explain yet the excitement in getting it all to work feels so familiar to me.  I love it.

This is gonna be my first PPV on PS5, I'm extremely nervous about this. Last one we did was on Xbox and it completely failed so I had to switch to Roku within 10 mins of the buy in starting.

Edit: There's no BR app for PS5. Roku it is.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath

It's going to be fun during the Battle Royale, when all the people who don't watch the YouTube shows are confused as to why Hart & Swole are so angry with Diamanté.

On 9/2/2021 at 3:58 AM, eikerir said:

Looks like it’s Pac who’s stuck here in the UK, they should’ve given Andrade another opponent, he really needs a big showcase.

Considering the last (well, I have no idea how often he flies between UK and US) time he got stuck in UK for 8 months, surely PAC could have waited until the PPV before visiting home! I would have been looking forward to that match, but obviously, I won't be seeing the PPV anyway, until who knows when, so it's a moot point. Maybe they get to do it on a Dynamite or Rampage episode later on.

I wonder who takes the spot? No shortage of hot free agents, so it could be really interesting. To me, the only sufficient replacement for PAC would be Buddy "Murphy" Matthews, but I think they will go with someone else.

...at least Flips seems to be on the same wave-length. Read that after posting...

Edited by Shartnado
Flips mentioned Murphy...
  • Like 2