DVDVR Message Board

All Out III - 9/5/2021

Dolfan in NYC

15 hours ago, Casey said:

I really hope BR Live or whatever is up and working by All Out. I'm just salty I can't go back and re-watch all my previous purchases and the free events from 2019. Maybe I can order this on my Xbox Series S, but AEW turns up no results in their store, so...

Shouldn't Baker/Rosa have an asterisk next to it as well? I don't even know if Britt Baker will be medically cleared by All Out.

I haven’t tried yet, but I specifically remember a post by them saying eventually our previous purchases would transfer over. This was awhile ago. I figured it would have happened by now I’ll have to try. 

2 hours ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

I ain't the Shadow or anything, but I really want to believe that Miro Vs Shotty next week has to be setting up Miro Vs Dustin for All Out.

Because Tony Khan loves us. 

The beauty of the way things are now, if they hypothetically set up Miro/Dustin, they could run that at the Rampage premiere, or the United Centre, or at All Out.

They may need to rename it or something, but I think it would be a mistake to phase the TNT belt out. They’ve built a lot of credibility and fan interest in that title in just one year. They’ve proven it can pop a rating with a title defense. Would be an own-goal on par with New Japan phasing out the IC title.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

A lot of people are saying Cody should win it from Miro and re-name it the USA championship.

I've always said I don't like a lot of people and this only confirms my feelings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Regarding Punk, I think right now that if he's not signed and doesn't show up AEW is going to have a major problem with fan backlash and the crowd is likely to highjack the show. 

If he is signed and AEW is using him as a surprise, I'm throwing him out as the show opens. While this may blow up the crowd and the rest of the talent might have trouble following him, I think that's a better option than having his shadow loom over the entire evening's proceedings. This is of course dependent on him being a surprise and not announcing him prior to the event.

“Surprise” is not the word I’d use at this point. It’s basically a mystery man silhouette obviously crossing his arms in front of him.

What I’m thinking AEW should do is run a “2-hour” show with the first on YouTube, and the rest on TNT. Give the fans a real hot TV quality wrestling show for more than that 1-hour. Then yeah, start with Punk. In what capacity? I don’t know. I was thinking him as a special enforcer, or on commentary getting a look at his opponent for All Out.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

The same people that said "That tattoo is a really good idea, Cody!". 

"Cody, dressing up like Homelander is a really good idea too!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Goodear said:

Regarding Punk, I think right now that if he's not signed and doesn't show up AEW is going to have a major problem with fan backlash and the crowd is likely to highjack the show. 

If he is signed and AEW is using him as a surprise, I'm throwing him out as the show opens. While this may blow up the crowd and the rest of the talent might have trouble following him, I think that's a better option than having his shadow loom over the entire evening's proceedings. This is of course dependent on him being a surprise and not announcing him prior to the event.

So, given what MitB 2011 was like with ultra loud CM Punk chants all night and a fan base that has been fucking dying to see the guy since he left WWE years ago, yeah, you gotta start the show with him or people are going to chant that shit all night until CM Punk appears. 

Side note:  I can deal with the tattoo but Cody really should change his hair back to his natural color.  The blonde dye job makes him look way too fake and the last thing he needs are more reasons for people to hate on him.  Plus if he's ever going to be back to a fiery babyface it looks better with that than the blonde look.