DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night on ESPN 28: Hall vs. Strickland (07/31/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Elsalvajeloco

E4ryPDSVcAAetpd.jpg?1624588377

UFC Fight Night on ESPN 28: Hall vs. Strickland 
July 31, 2021 
Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Uriah Hall (185.5) vs. Sean Strickland (185) - Strickland, DEC (unanimous)
Cheyanne Buys (116) vs. Gloria de Paula (115.5) - Buys, TKO (head kick and elbows), R1 (1:00)                
Niklas Stolze (170.5) vs. Jared Gooden (171) - Gooden, TKO (punches), R1 (1:08)             
Melsik Baghdasaryan (145.5)vs. Collin Anglin (146) - Baghdasaryan, TKO (head kick and punches), R2 (1:50)                  
Bryan Barberena (170.5) vs. Jason Witt (170.5) - Witt, DEC (split)

ESPN / ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Chris Gruetzemacher (156) vs. Rafa García (154) - Gruetzemacher, DEC (unanimous)
Danny Chavez (145.5) vs. Kai Kamaka III (144.5) - DRAW (majority)  
Jinh Yu Frey (115.5) vs. Ashley Yoder (116) - Frey, DEC (unanimous)    
Zarrukh Adashev (125.5) vs. Ryan Benoit (126) - Adashev, DEC (unanimous)   
Philip Rowe (173.5)* vs. Orion Cosce (170.5) - Rowe, TKO (strikes), R2 (4:21)

*Forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Melsik Baghdasaryan
Performance of the Night: Cheyanne Buys
Fight of the Night: Bryan Barberena vs. Jason Witt

Rating: 797,000 viewers        

On 7/29/2021 at 11:04 AM, J.T. said:

What's the over / under of Nicco actually showing up to fight?

You jinxed (or reversed jinxed?) it.

I feel like this is the end for Ms. Montano in the UFC.

• Sad 1

People like to complain about Tyron Woodley, but Nicco is easily the worst competitor to compete in the UFC and win a title.  Not all of it is her fault though.  She's had some serious health issues over the years.

Edited by J.T.

damn it.

every time I get excited for Nicco to have a fight and every time this happens.

I loved her on TUF, she was beating legit contenders on there and I thought she would be a star in UFC for sure but ever since it's just been one issue after the next.

Elsewhere on the card, Jinh Yu/Ashley Yoder is a tough one between two of my top favorites, hate for either one to take a loss there.

Phillip Rowe also missed weight.  Ronnie Lawrence was in such wretched shape that he didn't even make it to the scales, so his fight with Trevin Jones has been called off.

Edited by J.T.
  • Sad 1

Witt hit a spinning backhand then immediately got dropped by Barberena. Very fun third round. Jesus tap dancing Christ, Witt was getting concussed repeatedly but goes to pick up his mouthpiece in the middle of receiving a barrage. Madness.

Don't think we get Bellator in Canada, so I'll see if I can find it later. Stuck with this for now and it's been okay. Jinh Yu Frey and Ashley Yoder was okay though neither will be fighting for a title fight. Gruetzmacher/Garcia on the prelims was solid too.

My main take away from this card is, if your opponent fouls you, the harder you sell it, the more likely they get a point taken.