DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXXIV - 8/21/2021

Dolfan in NYC

This is the first big event since I figured out how to piggyback ride onto Peacock.. so I clicked a dot at the top to watch Summerslam, and it took me to the Spanish feed's "Coverage will begin shortly" page (don't worry I figured it out)

So at least that's an option for sometime during the night.

13 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

This is the first big event since I figured out how to piggyback ride onto Peacock.. so I clicked a dot at the top to watch Summerslam, and it took me to the Spanish feed's "Coverage will begin shortly" page (don't worry I figured it out)

So at least that's an option for sometime during the night.

Alternate language to avoid English commentary is never a bad option. 

Natural rant time:

WWE falsely advertises Bianca Belair defending the WWE Smackdown Women's Championship against Sasha Banks. Carmela is going to replace Banks but gets taken out by the returning Becky Lynch who beats Belair in less than 30 seconds to become the new WWE Smackdown Women's Champion. WWE's done Bianca Belair dirty and this coming from a big Becky fan. Poor Bianca.

Charlotte Flair wins another women's championship, the WWE RAW Women's Championship in such a short space of time racking them up with hardly if any meaningful ones on the main roster.

This fuckin' company.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 5

Seth vs Edge was match of the night.

Wolfpac Razor Xavier!

Interesting Goldberg sold leg work better than most, I am glad Bobby didn't lose the title.

Super Mario John!

The crowd was hot for Cena and Roman.

Glad to see Brock back as face.

Great ppv, crowd was very great at here and there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peck said:

How many TV sets across America were destroyed with the Bianca squash/Saudi commercial back-to-back combo?

I was fuming, man. Still am. Poor Bianca Belair.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

Make the moment Becky's music hit the half way point of the show:

they-had-us-in-the-first-half-not-gonna-

That was... a show that happened, but fuck another Goldberg match for the Saudi paycheck and fuck another Lesnar match,

So Fox gets Brock Lesnar, Becky Lynch, and Roman Reigns and RAW gets Goldberg, Charlotte Flair, and two guys pretending to squirt jizz on everyones.  Thank god for Lashley and I guess thank god for Goldberg knee going out to save us from that nightmare

Edited by hammerva

it would have blown the surprise to get Brock to cut his hair

Also, I was relieved by the postmatch attack in Goldberg/Lashley because it said "old man Goldberg didn't hurt himself legit".. then post-match, Joel Watts Goldberg got put in the Masterlock.

This probably can't be done for Summerslam, but they should kill some of the lights so that we can't see how bored the first 5 rows are during shows. It probably costs less than doing things that people spending thousands to attend WWE shows would mark for