DVDVR Message Board

SummerSlam XXXIV - 8/21/2021

Dolfan in NYC

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Have to think at least one world title is changing.  Can't think both of them are changing although that would be a nice change.   Unfortunately I think it is a lock that it is Lashley losing

Counterpoint - Goldberg vs. Big E

In an interview with Bleacher Report, Goldberg discussed potentially facing Big E if he wins the WWE Championship and Big E cashes in the Money in the Bank briefcase on him: "I'd love nothing more than to get into the ring with Big E. There's so many reasons why I'd want for that to happen, but I'm not worried about him right now. I'm worried about Bobby Lashley. Period. End of story. If there's another chapter to that story and he shows his face or does whatever, then I'll deal with it, but right now, my sights are completely set on Lashley."

• Like 1

The reason I think there is a remote chance that Cena wins is because of the very last thing in that video.

Seems like unless they can figure out a way to get Charlotte 6 title reigns in a day - they want someone to break Flair's "record" ASAP

37 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Counterpoint - Goldberg vs. Big E

My thing was, I seem to remember reading they get Goldberg for two more matches.  He 99% won't win that last one against whoever the fuck they throw at him.  I'm positive Goldberg has never heard of "Bobby Lashley" outside of "some muscle guy from TNA".  

So, yeah, I absolutely see Goldberg taking him down.  

(Frankly, if and that's a BIG if, they do move the title to 'Berg... I'd love for them to go an " overprotective father to a douchebag kid" slow heel turn, think American Beauty (minus... that other stuff).  Then have Big E crush him at the Rumble or Mania. )

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

My thing was, I seem to remember reading they get Goldberg for two more matches.

Yeah - Goldberg himself confirmed on the Bump yesterday (or the day before - whenever the fuck The Bump is on) that he has 2 matches left on this current contract.

Most likely that means Summerslam and the Saudi show. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't sign another contract for more matches next year.

Honestly, I'm all for putting the belt on Goldberg if it means we get a Big E main-event push and title run.

Putting the title on Cena so he can break Flair's record would be hilariously petty.  So it's probably likely.  I'm not sure it's a bad idea.  They haven't built up anyone on the full-time roster as being much of a threat to Roman, so a Cena win might be the way to go unless they really are going to keep the belt on Roman until after his rumored match with the Rock next year.

Honestly, if Plan B is draft Drew McIntire to SDL and have him feud with Roman for the title.... please put the belt on Cena.  I liked Drew as a monster heel.  Not really digging his jokey everyman character.  Drew as Raw champ felt really stale by the time they were done, and he and his sword feuding with Jinder and his goons is probably worse.

I'm not really a big fan of babyfaces threatening to attack people with swords during a match.  Weird, I know.

Edited by Eoae

59 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Mike Johnson saying Sasha isn't at Smackdown and may be pulled from SummerSlam.  Bianca is at Smackdown.

Fightful seems to be confirming this

• Sad 1

While the main event is likely safe, I think that given the overall euphoria over last night there’s some real risk of ‘AEW’ and ‘CM Punk’ chants hijacking the show. Vegas is more a casual town though so maybe not. Good thing they are in Philly or Brooklyn tonight.

Edited by For Great Justice

Gonna need a clean sweep for Charlotte, Cena, and Oldberg to complete my maximum drama bingo. Maybe throw in Edge's match overstaying its welcome for good measure. Are they still doing cheesy effects for Alexa? Hope so. 

Surprised to discover Riddle and Orton still teaming rather than fighting. I'd rather watch them fight.

8 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

While the main event is likely safe, I think that given the overall euphoria over last night there’s some real risk of ‘AEW’ and ‘CM Punk’ chants hijacking the show. Vegas is more a casual town though so maybe not. Good thing they are in Philly or Brooklyn tonight.

how well do you think chants would carry in an outdoors-ish stadium compared to an arena?

Anyways, if Corbin was on this card, there'd be an opening to have him 'not show up' tonight but show up tomorrow night at Takeover because he thought Summerslam was on a Sunday Night instead of a Saturday Night.

• Like 1