DVDVR Message Board

Lilly-lution is a Mystery - Raw - 7/26/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Okay this spot ruled:

And Nattie went down with what appeared to be a non-contact ankle injury.  If it is what I think it is, we're going to be crowning new women's tag champs soon. 

Welp, Nikki's one week push was nice while it lasted. 

The Kross/Lee match was fine but neither guy needs to be losing right now.

Alexander and Benjamin went from two guys who were part of the best faction on the show and really having their careers look up to complete jobbers within a few months. Breaking up The Hurt Business was such a boneheaded move.

1 minute ago, For Great Justice said:

Keith Lee is one the way out soon, right? Dude is doing time on his back like he’s wrapping up with Watts

WWE botched Keith Lee as NXT Champion/NXT North American Champion and main roster.

• Like 3

Good for Reginald. He rules. Plus they get to dust off the 2011 Sin Cara Trampoline®

Hope Nattie is ok. That sucked.

Byron Getting Drip-Sticked Every Week is the new Lana Getting Put Through A Table Every Week.

Just now, HumanChessgame said:

Welp, Nikki's one week push was nice while it lasted. 

The Kross/Lee match was fine but neither guy needs to be losing right now.

Alexander and Benjamin went from two guys who were part of the best faction on the show and really having their careers look up to complete jobbers within a few months. Breaking up The Hurt Business was such a boneheaded move.

Infuriating getting rid of the Hurt Business when it gave everyone a purpose and direction.

Seeing Cedric and Shelton squashed is just sad.

Styles/Omos vs. Viking Raiders was solid.

Pity to see Nattie hurt. Hope its nothing too serious. I oddly don't dislike this Eva/Alexa feud.

Reginald is stupid athletic and his match/segment with Truth was kind of fun.

Lee/Kross was ok I guess. Don't really feel anything they do right now will get Kross over with the main roster audience so it feels like a waste of Lee. At the same time it does feel like Lee is on his way out. That is a shame, but its WWE's loss.

Charlotte/Nikki was solid though Nikki should have won.

I don't like saying this as he has been gone for half a year but like... Lee hasn't looked good in ring these past two weeks. I think Kross looked like the better wrestler tonight which is not something I say frequently.

Pretty sure Nikki is getting the Rey Mysterio championship treatment from now until she loses the belt. Would expect Charlotte and Ripley to repeatedly beat her on TV in non-title matches from now until SummerSlam. 

The only saving grace for Lee is they MIGHT be turning him heel and usually they don't believe losses matter if someone is gonna turn. Otherwise he's headed nowhere fast. 

10 hours ago, The Natural said:

If he has something to say, he should just say it.  The "maybe I'll tell you, maybe I won't" back-and-forth doesn't do him any favors and mostly makes me think he's working the marks.

Think I'm over the Nikki push already.  Her superhero character doesn't do much for me, and she's still not being presented like any sort of threat to the top women.  Her character seems designed to appeal to the kid's audience, but WWE doesn't really get a lot of kids watching, so I dunno who they think this stuff is for.  Charlotte and Rhea probably don't need to wrestle each other on yet another ppv, but I'd be more interested in the match if Nikki wasn't involved.

Meltzer says Nikki's getting booed some at both house shows and Raw,  

Edited by Eoae
typos
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Eoae said:

If he has something to say, he should just say it.  The "maybe I'll tell you, maybe I won't" back-and-forth doesn't do him any favors and mostly makes me think he's working the marks.

Think I'm over the Nikki push already.  Her superhero character doesn't do much for me, and she's still not being presented like any sort of threat to the top women.  Her character seems designed to appeal to the kid's audience, but WWE doesn't really get a lot of kids watching, so I dunno who they think this stuff is for.  Charlotte and Rhea probably need to wrestle each other on yet another ppv, but I'd be more interested in the match if Nikki wasn't involved.

Metlzer says she's getting booed some at both house shows and Raw,  

Agree on Lee. Rather say than hint.

If it was bad for Nikki on RAW (didn't watch), next week will be worse. Chicago.

Skipped this week's show because I watched last week's, but one thing that struck me is the sheer misery of them having two separate 'contender matches' where someone has to beat the Champions to earn a title shot. I might have had some passing interest in Sheamus vs Priest if they put any effort into building to it, but they think the way to build anticipation in an eventual title match is having multiple, unsatisfying versions of it first. It can't be that they have a small roster, because they have a huge roster, they just choose to rarely do NXT callups, and treat their Cedric Alexanderses as worthless job guys rather than potential contenders.

• Thanks 2

Some say Hardy is out with the covids but hey was on WWC Puerto Rico tv this weekend against Chicano.  Granted I have no idea when the matches were filmed but he sure moved and wrestled like he had covid during the match

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

I actually think working the marks is what wrestling is about, I have to say. That being said, I have no dog in this fight since I'm one of two or three wrestling fans in the world who doesn't like Keith Lee. 

15 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

I actually think working the marks is what wrestling is about, I have to say. That being said, I have no dog in this fight since I'm one of two or three wrestling fans in the world who doesn't like Keith Lee. 

Well, yeah, but there's a difference in working wrestling fans and stepping out of character but still working your social media followers.  This isn't the first time Lee and Mia Yim have gone on social media and made cryptic comments about wanting to tell his side of the story, but then never telling his side of the story and being vague about when or if he will do that.  Maybe he has a good reason, but he's making the story more mysterious than it needs to be.  And when fans get curious and ask him or Yim about it on social media, they sometimes get "none of your business' type answers.

If he's decided to explain his absence in a week or two, there's probably no good reason he can't do it today unless he's expecting to be released in the next week or so and is waiting until then,

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ReiseReise said:

Fair point. 

I think social media is a thin line, people should still work to a degree. That being said, if like you said, he pulled that stunt before, it's weird. 

I don't think he's intentionally working the fans, and I don't think it's meant to be weird, but it is exasperating.  He's come close several times to explaining his disappearance, but then never says anything of substance.  Maybe he wants to rip the WWE doctors or something but is afraid to while he's still under contract, but it doesn't feel like that's it either.

I like Lee, but I feel like the window of opportunity has closed for him in the WWE.  It doesn't seem like it's the usual case of Vince losing interest so there's probably some backstory.  I don't think Mia Yim has been used lately either (Cagematch says her last match was back in December).  

14 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The Charlotte push is several times worse than HHH in 2003. 

Havent people said they want her to break Ric’s number of title wins (usually given as 17)? Easy to get that number when you lose at a ppv and win it back on raw the next night. 

27 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Havent people said they want her to break Ric’s number of title wins (usually given as 17)? Easy to get that number when you lose at a ppv and win it back on raw the next night. 

That's been the plan.  Have her get to 17... share a moment with Ric and then...  who knows.  it's as uninspiring of a long game as it gets. 

It took Ric Flair 24 Years to amass his 16 World Title Runs.

It has taken Charlotte 5 Years to amass 11 Women's Title Runs.

WWE in a nutshell these days. Rush rush rush to a goal with no idea of what the fuck to to when we actually get there.

• Like 3