DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 7/28/2021 - Fight for the Fallen

39 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

I gotta say, mad respect to Jericho for that showing. He really was willing to do just about anything and man they really were willing to go balls to the wall on TNT. Love that. My predictions for the next two labors are Big Show and Jeff Cobb, but since they did someone off the wall like Gage - who's to say it's not someone out of left field like Pineapple Pete or Jervis Cottonbelly. Is this the last hoorah for Jericho here? He's getting pretty old and this could be like a "his life flashing before his eyes" type storyline where he's almost experiencing deja vu through the years with all these guys he's wrestling. Before being finished off by MJF - the younger version of himself almost. Would be awesome storytelling if so.

They bring Ken Shamrock back and have Jericho face him in the Lion's Den with MMA rules?

• Like 1

That was a good show. But the main event kinda made me wonder what is the limit. It got a little hard to watch. But deathmatch stuff was never really my cup of tea. I honestly think they should have saved Gage for last with Jericho. The hardest/most sadistic labor of them all.

Aside from that, I thought it was good show. I hope Dash didn't break his arm in a horrific way in the match against Santana/Ortiz. 

I might be a bit late with the Hangman talk, but I have 2 points:

- People WERE wondering if Punk or Bryan being at All Out would overshadow a Hangman title win. (Granted, it looks like Punk will debut before then)

- If they know Hangman won't be champion after All Out, it's better imo to cut it off now rather than have him lose at the ppv.

• Like 3

I’m interested in the Hangman loss. I was so sure he was winning, but he doesn’t look weak being the last on his team taking on Omega and The Young Bucks. Add on top he lost due to his leg being grabbed by Nick the same way he screwed the Bucks vs FTR way back when. I haven’t been this emotionally invested in a single wrestler’s arc towards their moment in a long time. We’ll see what happens going forward and how everything plays out.

• Like 9

Oh, also, when the elimination tag got down to 3-on-1, I was thinking it'd be silly for Hangman to go through Kenny and both Bucks by himself - but still fully believed that's what was going to happen, like to the point where I even expected him to kick out of that One Winged Angel.

Like I know AEW hasn't gone with the "overcome the odds" booking in the past, but I still thought they'd do it here.  I guess I'm far from having them all figured out, is what I'm saying.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

I am not sure I am looking forward to Juvi vs Jericho in 2021 but damn it I want the Juice Bar  Just cut the same thing just replace Chetti with Jericho

Juicy people in the juicy house you son of a gun! Chris Jabroni Jarico.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

She did break in with IWA-Japan and wrestled like a hundred matches there, so this should have brought back memories.

• Like 4

Just now, DEAN said:

She did break in with IWA-Japan and wrestled like a hundred matches there, so this should have brought back memories.

I was gonna say the same exact same thing. This triggered some PTSD type shit.

• Like 2

I remember when folks thought Jericho AEW was going to be some light comedy and "remember all the wacky stuff you got into when you were a scamp?".

Instead, he seems to have gone full on Crazy Grandpa mode. "Throw me from the top of the cage? Sure! Have some deathmatch maniac use my forehead as a cutting board with a pizza cutter? Love the idea!" What's next? Pirahna? Bed of Nails?

Not saying it's a bad thing, I think that people owe Jericho an apology for thinking he was going to pull some quasi-Triple H burying young talent. He put over OC clean as a whistle several times, and when you add the feud vs the Elite, and now MJF, he's been doing the grizzled veteran helping the next generation role PERFECTLY.

• Like 5