DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 7/28/2021 - Fight for the Fallen

There was a lot of cool stuff on this show. The entrances for the elimination match killed me. 

Best Cody promo since the tattoo dropped. 

This was certainly one way to get to Omega vs. Bryan for the title without Hangman losing at All Out. ? dude was so fucking white hot... I have faith in them being able to keep his journey going but this was unexpected. 

• Like 3

Hangman losing has me all kinds of fucked up. Just a colossal own goal if they’re for real pivoting to some other title match at All Out after getting this program flaming hot. I’m hopeful that maybe they’ve got another way into the match in their back pocket, but they were definitely queuing up Christian on commentary. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

So if it’s Omega Vs. Christian at All Out, then Punk Vs. Darby to close the show?

I think you have to. I love Christian, but he's not setting their audience on fire. That seven year wait for Punk just wasn't the same for Cage. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jiji said:

There was a lot of cool stuff on this show. The entrances for the elimination match killed me. 

Best Cody promo since the tattoo dropped. 

This was certainly one way to get to Omega vs. Bryan for the title without Hangman losing at All Out. ? dude was so fucking white hot... I have faith in them being able to keep his journey going but this was unexpected. 

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

Hangman losing has me all kinds of fucked up. Just a colossal own goal if they’re for real pivoting to some other title match at All Out after getting this program flaming hot. I’m hopeful that maybe they’ve got another way into the match in their back pocket, but they were definitely queuing up Christian on commentary. 

Yeah, I didn't expect that result and a change in long term plans either. Left me disappointed. A delay like this. I'd have stuck with Omega/Page at All Out.

Edited by The Natural

Fun show! Disappointed Hangman lost but I guess his story continues. And Darby I planting the seeds for Chicago should add more eyes onto that show. Had to watch the main event on a slight fast forward because deathmatches aren’t really my cup of tea.

MJF announcing the Juice as the third labor for Jericho was something I didn’t know I wanted to see in 2021. Jericho has definitely lost a step and I’m sure Juvi has too, but I’m sure they’ll figure out a decent match. They should also add how Jericho's the reason Juvi lost his mask into the storyline. Jericho needs a week off and lots of alcohol, neosporin and bandages after tonight.

We went 55 minutes before there was a break, on the Fite stream. 

Stu Grayson appears to be immortal, somehow. Death bumps all night (and he didn't even get pinned to be eliminated).

John Silver's first match back and he looked to have not lost a step.

Thunder Rosa's "New Contract" smile in her promo was nice. The match... Rosa works green girls all the time in Mission Pro. But I think Julia is a bit greener than green, maybe. Seemed like she's not ready for that spot.

And Jericho narrating Gage's DSotR episode seems to really have made Jericho want to work that style one time. I was wondering if the tubes were just a tease, or only to be used during the break (like the barbed wire in Blood and Guts), and then they did THAT. I thought it was incredible.

• Like 1

If they go with someone else vs Omega at All Out and I end up on the other side of "I don't agree with this delay" takes, I may break out in fits of intermittent laughter. At the same time, I'd have to applaud them for taking a chance and shaking up what people thought was the narrative. 

Make me proud, Tony!

• Like 3

Crowd was on fire the whole show (was there). Dark order is over huge. Everyone was super bummed when Page took the fall. 

Cody got booed. 

dax was cut pretty good but didn’t seem like it was super serious. They checked every turnbuckle after. 

main was nuts. Huge MDK chants live. Jericho gave gage a lot and that was wild. What a great show to see live. 
the floor seats to the right of the hard camera had at least 10-15 more rows added than the last time they were here. I sat there last time and there was a pretty big gap back there. This time it was chairs almost to the wall. 

oh. Huge pop for tanahashi and then Mox calling bullshit on his challenges 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, EVA said:

The Hangman loss is certainly risky, but it goes a long way in helping create greater unpredictability.  I did not see that one coming.    

Need to finish the main event, but gotta say i LOVED the opener, one of my favourite AEW matches ever by far. Those entrances were tremendous and the whole thing gave me Canadian Stampede vibes at the beginning.

Hangman’s story is about accepting that failing sometimes is OK, so I hope they find another way to get to the title match at All about because the time definitely is right for him.

ALSO

Fuego in a Nightmare Family jacket!

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Was Hangman's loss really all that unexpected? Dude needs better friends. Go find some winners. 

Tana is coming.

Loved Archer sporting his old SZKG shirt tonight.

Edited by alstein

I’d assume Omega and Christian is a TV main event. Maybe the first Rampage? 

I wouldn’t be shocked if Darby and Punk wrestle on that Chicqgo Rampage too. TK says it’s not a B show and they have to come out of the gates hot with it. Would Punk just *appearing* sell the United Center out?

I think the next four weeks of booking is going to be wild.

• Like 1

if you are going to book Gage then you gotta go full Gage and i think AEW got pretty close to that as much as TNT would allow.  it was entertaining.  

Now..  onto the announcement.   Rampage August 20th @ United Center in Chicago.   Darby dropping hints.   it's happening....  it's gonna happen. 

• Like 1