DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL PRESEASON

RIPPA

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

So, you're the starting quarterback and expect no one to notice you? That's not how any of this works. 

It's part of his goodwill toward fans redemption tour.

• Haha 1

Today should be fun.   Wish we had a Redzone channel running tonight

Going to be hard to top the performance of Fields so far.  2 TD granted against a Dolphins 2nd string.   Bears fans have to be temporarily giddy right now

Edited by hammerva

11 hours ago, hammerva said:

Today should be fun.   Wish we had a Redzone channel running tonight

Going to be hard to top the performance of Fields so far.  2 TD granted against a Dolphins 2nd string.   Bears fans have to be temporarily giddy right now

surejan.gif

• Haha 2

On 8/10/2021 at 8:25 PM, RIPPA said:

NFL has decided to keep in place the Injured Reserve rule they used last year (only for this year - who knows in the future)

An unlimited number of players can return from IR. Players are eligible to return after 3 weeks (8 weeks had been the norm)

Only players AFTER the cutdown to the 53 man roster are eligible to return (to eliminate teams stashing guys on IR)

In addition to this - practice squads will remain at 16 players again

Also two players can be pulled up off the practice squads up to 90 minutes prior kickoff (so teams can replace last minute positive tests)

• Like 1

I am actually impressed with certain people in sports media haven't gone nuclear that Tavon Austin just blatantly stole a catch from Tebow.   ?

I generally don't support anything Washington FT but Riverboat Ron is right on the mark here

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 3

During a shared practice earlier today with the Eagles and Patriots, at least one Eagles player yelled out "Checkdown King" at Cam Newton after Cam...checked down on back-to-back plays.  Another guy then yelled "running back" on the next play before Cam......checked down to the RB again.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/eagles-player-had-a-2-word-nickname-for-cam-newton-today/ar-AANqjJE?li=BBnb7Kz

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Tabe said:

During a shared practice earlier today with the Eagles and Patriots, at least one Eagles player yelled out "Checkdown King" at Cam Newton after Cam...checked down on back-to-back plays.  Another guy then yelled "running back" on the next play before Cam......checked down to the RB again.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/eagles-player-had-a-2-word-nickname-for-cam-newton-today/ar-AANqjJE?li=BBnb7Kz

Also...

Well, I'll just be moving him up a few slots on my fantasy radar. 

• Like 1

Raiders are going to require proof of vaccination to attend games.  New executive order in the state permits public events to do away with masks if everyone attending is vaccinated.  Basically, fully vaccinated ticket holders will be admitted and can go without masks.  Ticket holders with one shot can attend but must wear a mask.  Maskless ticket holders can get their ticket refunded or roll it over to next year.  There will also be a vaccination clinic set up at the gates.

Seems sensible to me.  

• Like 2

Rosen definitely hasn't lived up to his draft spot (10th overall in 2018) but...

He's been on 4 teams in 3 years - as a 1st round pick.  That tells me he's been pretty terrible.  I never really understood the hype on him coming out of college anyway.  He wasn't accurate in college and had an 18-20 record.  And went to UCLA where overhype and underperformance are the standard.

• Like 1