DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL PRESEASON

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

I thought the new CBA said  teams couldn't forgive fines anymore. . . 

The language in his new deal probably isn’t forgiving the fines it probably is some sort of bonus that just happens to be the exact same amount as the fines

• Like 2

Question: Is it in any way possible to get to Landover Shithole Stadium using public trans for a WFC game? Want to go for the Bengals preseason game as I can get a tix for less than the cost of a Dunkin cold brew.

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

Question: Is it in any way possible to get to Landover Shithole Stadium using public trans for a WFC game? Want to go for the Bengals preseason game as I can get a tix for less than the cost of a Dunkin cold brew.

Closet stops are Morgan Boulevard and then a .9 mile pedestrian walkway according to WMATA's web site.

• Like 1

Hunter Long went down with a non-contact injury during practice today and was carted off.  

So, this probably means that Adam Shaheen, barring a trade, will make the Dolphins opening week team.  

So file this away for when the future outbreak happens: https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/08/07/dolphins-miami-adam-shaheen-vaccine/

Rumblings are that some folks are upset that Calvin Johnson didn't mention the Lions in general, or Matt Stafford in particular, during his induction speech.  Johnson has heat with the Lions organization so probably not a huge surprise there.  Stafford was there in person as Calvin's guest so doubtful there's any heat there, just a decision to not mention anybody by name.

Edited by Tabe

3 hours ago, KidNatural said:

The HoF speeches were ridiculously short this year. Even Peyton only had 6 minutes.

They were all told to keep it short since there were two years' worth of guys going in.  Didn't want any repeats of Ray Lewis talking for 11 hours.

• Like 2

Isaac Bruce apparently felt the need to take a shot at Bert Emanuel and Ryan Yarborough - both of whom were drafter after Bruce - in a rather petty "I told you so" part of his speech:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/isaac-bruces-hall-of-fame-speech-was-dripping-with-righteous-vindication-how-ya-like-me-now/ar-AAN6MwQ?li=BBnbfcL

I guess it was a shot at them but it was more of a shot at people  who said he would result in nothing more than a Bert Emanuel and Ryan Yarborough level player.   But yeah he was definitely in the mood to tell people.  But hey at least we have probably the only time we will ever hear a Kool Moe Dee reference with his "How you like me now" line at the Hall of Fame

16 hours ago, hammerva said:

I guess it was a shot at them but it was more of a shot at people  who said he would result in nothing more than a Bert Emanuel and Ryan Yarborough level player.   But yeah he was definitely in the mood to tell people.  But hey at least we have probably the only time we will ever hear a Kool Moe Dee reference with his "How you like me now" line at the Hall of Fame

It's a shot at people for sure but "I turned out better than these guys who were drafted *AFTER* me" isn't exactly the smartest way to do it.

It's just low class to name guys like that.

• Like 2

Paul Robinson has informed the Saints that he is retiring

If you of the betting type - you might want to take the Saints under for the season win total

2 hours ago, Tabe said:

It's a shot at people for sure but "I turned out better than these guys who were drafted *AFTER* me" isn't exactly the smartest way to do it.

It's just low class to name guys like that.

I feel you, but these guys got to where they are by taking every little thing and using it as motivation. All these people are borderline psychotic when it comes to their competitiveness,  they aren't self aware enough to realize how toxic that behavior is.  That shit has been eating away at his soul since the day he was drafted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

I feel you, but these guys got to where they are by taking every little thing and using it as motivation. All these people are borderline psychotic when it comes to their competitiveness,  they aren't self aware enough to realize how toxic that behavior is.  That shit has been eating away at his soul since the day he was drafted.

I hear you but, again, we're talking guys drafted *AFTER* him.  That's like Michael Jordan taking shots at Terence Stanbury instead of Sam Bowie. 

• Haha 1

NFL has decided to keep in place the Injured Reserve rule they used last year (only for this year - who knows in the future)

An unlimited number of players can return from IR. Players are eligible to return after 3 weeks (8 weeks had been the norm)

Only players AFTER the cutdown to the 53 man roster are eligible to return (to eliminate teams stashing guys on IR)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, supremebve said:

So, you're the starting quarterback and expect no one to notice you? That's not how any of this works. 

According to the official depth chart for the preseason game against the Packers, he's the 4th string QB. 

(he'll be starting week 1 barring Goodell actually doing something)