DVDVR Message Board

2021 NFL PRESEASON

RIPPA

20 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

NOTE -- This is the 5 day list, so Carson is NORTH DAKOTA TOUGH and NORTH DAKOTA UNVACCINATED. 

Not necessarily - three Colts were placed on the list

But according to Zak Keefer of TheAthletic.com, Kelly said last week that he was fully vaccinated. If that is indeed the case, it would mean Kelly has tested positive, because vaccinated players no longer need to be placed on COVID reserve for being a close contact.

Kelly refers to Center Ryan Kelly but anyway Wentz could vaccinated but positive thus on the list

I was also going to say, Wentz has *ahem* declined to say if he's vaccinated or not.  

Which means no.  

For what it's worth, the NFL says 93% of players are vaccinated...  (which probably means at least the first jab of PFE or MOD, or just the J&J. )

Well, you know, one of those J's literally owns an NFL team. So...   

?  

In other news...

Also, Charles Robinson said his tweet on the Dolphins being the "front runner" for Watson was simply "process of elimination" since Carolina told him they were out. He also admitted that the Texans and Miami have not spoken about Watson in months.   ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Also, Charles Robinson said his tweet on the Dolphins being the "front runner" for Watson was simply "process of elimination" since Carolina told him they were out. He also admitted that the Texans and Miami have not spoken about Watson in months.   ?

That sure is a weird way to say "I should never be trusted with my tweets ever again"..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/29/2021 at 2:26 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

?HOUSTON TRADE ALERT?

Reveal hidden contents

I should note, this trade didn't work out for either team.  Bednarik McKinney, who Lawson was traded for, has been released by Miami. 

While I don't put a lot of stock in leaked "unnamed" sources as there are too many sources with an agenda (and reporters sometimes make things up), the idea that they'd just make Watson inactive every week and pay him is kinda batty. Unless they are really sure they will get a trade this year and don't want to risk injuring him, may as well play him.

• Like 1

Surprising but not.  

Newton probably came with a lot of baggage, not the least of which is that he appears to still be unvaxed.  Belichick is an extremely "Rip off the bandage now" kind of guy who didn't want to deal with it any more.  

Plus they did draft Mac Jones for a reason, and he's looked fine in pre-season.  They're probably not making the playoffs this season, so give him the full season to get ready to play.  

• Like 2

Cam probably still wants to start.  Right now, I'd say his best chance to do that is Indy and maybe Denver.  Otherwise, he's going to be done sooner rather than later.  

E-IFpwkXsAk-Nr0?format=jpg&name=medium

Sean Payton said today that the Saints are planning on being out of New Orleans for a month

They are currently practicing in Dallas and the current thought is the Packers/Saints Week 1 game will be moved to Dallas (since the Cowboys open at Tampa)

New Orleans is on the road Week 2 and 3. They hope to play in the Superdome in Week 4 against the Giants.

The Superdome didn't sustain any structural damage but the city itself needs to have the infrastructure in place for a NFL Game to be hosted there

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Sean Payton said today that the Saints are planning on being out of New Orleans for a month

They are currently practicing in Dallas and the current thought is the Packers/Saints Week 1 game will be moved to Dallas (since the Cowboys open at Tampa)

New Orleans is on the road Week 2 and 3. They hope to play in the Superdome in Week 4 against the Giants.

The Superdome didn't sustain any structural damage but the city itself needs to have the infrastructure in place for a NFL Game to be hosted there

All things considered, this is about the best possible outcome.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

As someone who has tickets for that Giants vs Saints game a flight & hotel already booked... yeah I'm uhh... very hopeful they play that game there. Otherwise I'm going to be a very grumpy man.

I'd go out on a limb and assume no team wants a backup QB that isn't vaccinated. It would be bringing that risk to the QB Room for no reason, back-ups are everywhere and its too important of a position to risk even if he only missed five days for a close contact. You'd pretty much have to have three active and practicing QBs, or do what the Bills did last year and have a backup QB in their own bubble in case everyone else got COVID. Just more hassle than its worth for a backup. I would be surprised if Cam gets a lot of interest until he gets the poke, that's the risk they are all taking.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Newton probably came with a lot of baggage, not the least of which is that he appears to still be unvaxed.  Belichick is an extremely "Rip off the bandage now" kind of guy who didn't want to deal with it any more.  

Belichick seemingly loves Cam.  Cam also seems to be someone you can't have in your locker room if he's not in charge.  He's kind of the guy who has to be the starter, or everybody is going to be looking at him and not the starter.  

With that said, I'm sad to see him go.  I don't think he's going to be signed mostly because of what I stated above.  He's kind of a unicorn as far as skillsets go, and you can't have a personality like Cam to come in and destroy the confidence of your young quarterback.  I feel like Denver or Washington could have brought him in during the offseason, but at this point I don't think he'll be on a team this year.