DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 7/21/2021 - Fyter Fest Night Two

Put yourself in Tiny Khan's shoes. Rumors abound that Daniel Bryan and/or CM Punk are coming to AEW. You tease a big debut tonight... and you deliver Nick Gage, a legit out-of-left-field surprise with tons of fans and just as many haters, all of whom pop like little monkeys for his appearance. So you deliver big on the tease, while still potentially having Bryan/Punk as well. That's so genius it almost hurts.

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I mean if we are going to go crazy,  doesn't drunk ass Jericho need to do a run-in the main event of the GCW Homecoming Night 1 show this weekend and help Matt Cardona.  

Why would anybody help Matt Cardona?

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

I didn't know I wanted Sting trading shin kicks with Orange Cassidy before doing a lazy pounding of his chest, but I sure am glad it's in my life now. I very much enjoyed that moment.

Awesome crowd, awesome show. Jericho/Spears was a fun opener and Gage was one hell of an insane surprise, never saw that coming. I thought this trials thing was going to be strictly Jericho against Pinnacle guys, so cool to see something completely unexpected brought in to the mix. Darby/Yuta was quick but fun and the Sting/Orange bit was gold, Gallows/Kazarian felt surprisingly short. Blade/Orange was pretty solid. Nyla/Britt was sloppy but I enjoyed the match, even with the result never in doubt. Loved Vickie being able to counter Britt's attempted Eddie spot. Also love the addition of Chavo with Andrade. 

Everything about Moxley/Archer ruled. I dig the AEW x Street Fighter shirts. Stoked and surprised to finally see Archer get a real big win for a change. Great finish and the count was done in a way where it really felt like "oh shit he's really not going to make it" instead of drawing it out with pause. Amazing violence and blood throughout. Curious what comes next for both guys. Post-match faceoff with Hikuleo was great and felt big time.

So much more greatness coming up with a stacked next week and already stuff built for the following week. Surprised no Cody tonight (or next week in Charlotte since his match is set for the next week). AEW is on fire, loving it.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I mighta had a complaint or two about the show but I forgot them all after the main.

STOP THE GAGE~!

Pretty Boy Jungle Boy going through hell to be the one to finally put down Gage would be great.

Someone on the discord mentioned that Gage as a mercenary is a great role for him. Just have him be a guy brought in periodically by heels to fuck up babyfaces. Doesn't care if he wins, just want to hurt some people

• Like 7

On Archer/Moxley - I didn't see how the match started (smoke break), I caught on when they were wrestling in the crowd, but the match seemed short enough for a LMS/TDM. Archer is awesome at coming back from a beatdown and the fork in the pocket made things interesting. Moxley spent so much time visibly "hiding" it in his pockets that it made sense for Archer to take advantage when Mox wasn't expecting it. 

I'm happy for Gage - love a redemption story - but I am not excited to see what he could do to Jericho. I'm hoping the Painmaker squashes him. Alice Cooper rules.

Edited by Horatio
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Darby/Yuta

Awwww I completely forgot about that match. I had to ask who Yuta was even. Looked really solid and I think those two, with their similar physiques, would be a great face/heel pairing. Let's put a bookmark on that one.

EDIT: It was me who brought up Gage being a mercenary and yeah, next to STOP THE GAGE that's the best idea. He's got to stay GCW 4 Lyfe but give him a big payday every once in awhile. And yeah I caught Mox fumbling with his wrist tape too haha. HE'S HARDCORE! HE'S HARDCORE!

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 3

Knew it was going to be a fun night for  us when fans started chanting : " Eat her soul" during Abadon's Dark match. Fun show for me and Joey. Worth the 7 hr drive.

Edited by AaronMLuke
Slightly more coherent and less typos
  • Like 9

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I just realized it's MJF who is bringing in Nick Gage. Here's to hoping Nick Gage turns on him and tries to pizza-cutter his tongue out. I guess there's a little MDK in us all. Shame...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Horatio said:

I just realized it's MJF who is bringing in Nick Gage. Here's to hoping Nick Gage turns on him and tries to pizza-cutter his tongue out. I guess there's a little MDK in us all. Shame...

MJF should refuse to pay Gage after he loses. Then, have Gage try to kill MJF.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 6