DVDVR Message Board

Ian Rotten books show, doesn't update the website/forum and Ladder Matches every show from now on!

manzk

So yeah, I am not an IWA/Ian hater, but COME ON.

So Ian booked a show for December, he announces it in Facebook, he doesn't even create a Facebook event with an updated card neither does he update the forum.

He just randomly posts in Facebook that from now on he'll have a 6 way ladder match with rookies working for free:

So as soon as I announce I am going to have a show, I get a bazillion messages from people that want to work. I've decided that each show we will have a fight for your spot ladder mach, which will be 6 men looking to climb a ladder, grab a contract which automatically means they're on the next show. But, the guys (or girls) that don't grab the contract will get a second chance through you, the fans, to vote who comes back.

And this isn't the only 6 way match in the show : D 

Also, Elkview Adam in the main Event : D

Also, aparently Simon Seez lost a NO ROPE BARBEDWIRE match in the last show and was fire by Ian:

John Williams I know a lot of you think everything in wrestling is a work, but trust me when I say I planned on the termination of Simon Sezz to be a very legit happening. However, after an hour+ long conversation with Simon on the phone, and myself being able to understand how sometimes the real life world can affect your judgments in some of the things you do, I believe he is an amazing talent and deserves a second chance. 

The sad thing is... IT'S A PRETTY GOOD CARD with a great Ricochet vs Jonathan Gresham match:

Posted Image

Sorry to open a thread just for this, but I couldn't help it.

Is Gresham any good?

No charisma, amazing jr. heavyweight technique and puts great, great moves~ matches. Had a 30 minute time limit draw in IWA-MS some years ago with Jimmy Jacobs which was one of the best matches I've seen Jacobs have since 2008-ish.

I rate him really high but depends on what you like. Think of him as a Johnny Gargano kind of guy.

I think he works mostly for Zero-1.

edit: And yes, really short dude but that never bothered me. He was an Egyptian in Chikara for a while, can't remember his name but he teamed with the Portal.

Is Gresham any good?

No charisma, amazing jr. heavyweight technique and puts great, great moves~ matches. Had a 30 minute time limit draw in IWA-MS some years ago with Jimmy Jacobs which was one of the best matches I've seen Jacobs have since 2008-ish.

I rate him really high but depends on what you like. Think of him as a Johnny Gargano kind of guy.

edit: And yes, really short dude but that never bothered me. He was an Egyptian in Chikara for a while, can't remember his name but he teamed with the Portal.

Are you saying Gargano has no charisma? Because I'd strongly disagree with that.

Is Gresham any good?

Are you saying Gargano has no charisma? Because I'd strongly disagree with that.

Oh, I was comparing their "in ring style": cool combos with kicks, long matches with lots of moves but still well put together and selling the exhaustion of the match as it goes on instead of Davey Richarding it (and I like Davey!).

Gargano has still ways to go regarding charisma/personality/character but he's doing big progresses so yeah, I rate him way higher than Gresham in that regard. 

Also, Necro is the show. In his RFV shoot Necro explained that he still works for Ian because "WELL, I WON'T GET NO MONEY IF I STAY HOME, I MAY AS WELL DO THE SHOW AND MAYBE I'LL GET NOTHING, MAYBE I'LL GET 200$, SO I TAKE THE CHANCE".

Devon Moore is also on the show despite solding the IWA-MS Jr Heavyweight Title to actually get some money out of IWA. 

Thought the same thing like 2 years ago? but then he stopped being silly and started being awesome.

His tags with Chuck Taylor against the Bucks are among the best matches the Young Bucks ever had, and someone who can have a pretty good match with Gran Akuma deserves respect. 

Now its killing me that I can't remember the "Egyptian" he was I Chikara.

Amasis?

Nah, he's neither Amasis nor Ophidian. He had like an Egyptian bird mask and they did a trio but it was short lived since Gresham got work in Japan that actually paid. He was Hieracon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUm0_5sKSjM

And hahahahahahhahahaha Chris Hero vs Trik Davis in 2013?? Maybe Hero asked for it so he can beat Trik up to vent his releasing frustrations, but Hero vs Drake Younger could actually sell tickets and fulfill the same purpose. 

Whatever happened to that big girl that used to wrestle for Ian / was rumored to be his side piece? She broke her leg in a TNA match, if I'm not mistaken?

Broke her league in an Iron Man match with Sara del Rey in IWA-MS and ruined her TNA career.

She parted away from Ian and she's doing some other shows. Ian says he went there but she denies it. Ian is girlfriending a fat mark now.

Posted Image

Broke her league in an Iron Man match with Sara del Rey in IWA-MS and ruined her TNA career.(1)She parted away from Ian and she's doing some other shows. Ian says he went there but she denies it.(2) Ian is girlfriending a fat mark now.(3)

(1) Wait, I would have sworn, as pissed of as Ian was about it, it was the pump knot that Mike Levy gave her from a headbutt that jeopardized Knuckles' TNA "career." Huh, learn something new everyday ...(2) Wouldn't you deny fucking Ian Rotten? I mean, the consequences are right there in his surname ...(3) That chick looks far too happy to be fucking a dude who - I could be wrong here - has gone on record as saying he has the hep. Maybe she feels bad for him because he has cancer ... there, NOW try to keep a straight face.
  • Like 2