DVDVR Message Board

NFL FFL 2021 Edition Official Thread

Kevin Wilson

Since our league auto-renewed without asking me first, I figured that meant it was time to make a new 2021 topic.

For the DVDVR pay league, since COVID is still around and could be an issue I am going to keep the same COVID-era settings in case there are issues this fall. Only difference is this year, payment isn't optional as everyone has had time to ponder their life choices. So, payment is due by August 31st, I'll do a post sometime this week there to remind people how to pay.

Hopefully this year is more normal! I hope I get some competition this year, kinda tired of winning all the time.

Oh fuck, already? I guess I'm in again for another year where I do well until it comes time for the playoffs, at which point I score my lowest points of the season.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Whose not returning? (You can tell me via PM if you would rather)

I am back - I just need Paypal to take my fucking money (I really need a Venemo)

Chris of course, he didn't update his team a few times last year, again.

All four of you that still post here, go to the pay league message board and vote on the QB TD points thing. My brother has been trying to get me to change it for ten years so I'm finally putting it to a vote. Still not ever bringing TE back, don't @ me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Kevin Wilson said:

They already paid, let them forget. Although the auto-drafter seems to be much better than it was back when the league first started. It may even be better than some of our human drafters....

It depends

If you don't pre-rank you will end up with a K in like the 3rd round or Daniel Jones in the 2nd round because Yahoo's rankings are weird

Just now, RIPPA said:

It depends

If you don't pre-rank you will end up with a K in like the 3rd round or Daniel Jones in the 2nd round because Yahoo's rankings are weird

I thought that is what they fixed. The kicker part I mean. Brent always autodrafts and I don't... think he pre-ranks. I remember early on his teams were always just terrible after the draft and he'd have to make a ton of adjustments but lately its been more sane. Like last year he didn't get a kicker until Round 8 (still a touch early for many, admittedly). Its possible he started pre-ranking really hard but I just figured Yahoo finally fixed their algorithm.

It would make sense. The only reason I question that is because of how high some folks are on the list. I always thought it went straight down their rankings until the starters were filled.

But yes a hierarchy of positions would be a good way to do it... it just goes against what Yahoo did in the past

Yeah - per Yahoo's rules it is all based on Rankings and Position Need

Details on how autopick selects players
All starter positions are filled before bench positions.
You can’t designate which round a player is picked or a position is filled.
Each round, autopick drafts the highest-ranked (pre-rank, then default rank) available player based on your position needs. The system determines a max number of players to positions ratio, including bench, so that your roster positions are balanced.

FWIW, I might be fucked with regards to drafting tonight. We're due to get hit with severe storms around 5 to 7 pm and we almost always lose power. And my home is in a bit of a black hole when it comes to T-Mobile. Sometimes I'll get a full 5g connection and sometimes nothing. So yay auto drafting I guess...

• Sad 1

Yahoo tries to fuck me on the draft every year. Always tells me it's at X:00 pm. But never says what time zone. I gottta go find the countdown clock to get the real scoop. Not this year Yahoo. I know what time it is.

Also I've had to prerank a couple times because the draft was during work, and what frustrated me was that even with a pre-rank, autodraft fills those holes instead of passing on a kicker or a defensive player. Lemme stash some WRs or a hot rookie prospect. Don't go grabbing Von Miller in the 7th round.

3 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Yahoo tries to fuck me on the draft every year. Always tells me it's at X:00 pm. But never says what time zone. I gottta go find the countdown clock to get the real scoop. Not this year Yahoo. I know what time it is.

Also I've had to prerank a couple times because the draft was during work, and what frustrated me was that even with a pre-rank, autodraft fills those holes instead of passing on a kicker or a defensive player. Lemme stash some WRs or a hot rookie prospect. Don't go grabbing Von Miller in the 7th round.

To be fair its been the same time for 13 YEARS. Fuck, we're old.