DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 7/14/2021 - Fyter Fest Night One

Has Andrade wrestled Pac or either Lucha Bro yet? I'm looking forward to any of those matches.

The Cody/Black segment was fine but I'm still kinda iffy on how it's going to actually play out.

Is Silver cleared to wrestle yet? If so him being the sole survivor (or the last one with Page) would be tremendous.

Nothing like another great Texas crowd. I'm a little worried about Garland next week, though. (Also, a pet peeve - don't say "Austin" for Cedar Park and "Dallas" for Garland. Nothing will upset a Texan more then using the wrong city name.)

I'm still not won over about Ethan Page, though.

Edited by The Green Meanie
  • Like 2

Just now, The Green Meanie said:

Nothing like another great Texas crowd. I'm a little worried about Garland next week, though. (Also, a pet peeve - don't say "Austin" for Cedar Park and "Dallas" for Fort Worth. Nothing will upset a Texan more then using the wrong city name.)

Isn't Dallas-Fort Worth / DFW generally grouped together as a greater metropolitan area?

Fantasy booking for the elimination style match from me sees the Dark Order clean sweep the Elite and bring it down to a 5v1. Kenny vs Everybody and instead of eating a pinfall he turns and runs away losing via count out - saving the pinfall for All Out. Perfect chicken shit heel move.

Then at All Out I have the Bucks retaining over Dark Order (so they can lose to PnP in Arthur Ashe) and Hangman winning the title from Omega to send the fans home happy.

• Like 3

Just now, The Green Meanie said:

Nothing like another great Texas crowd. I'm a little worried about Garland next week, though. (Also, a pet peeve - don't say "Austin" for Cedar Park and "Dallas" for Fort Worth. Nothing will upset a Texan more then using the wrong city name.)

That would be like saying New York for Newark. Although, nobody should really want to claim ownership of Newark.

Yeah, I can see the Teams of Five Strive to Survive match having 5 Elite members vs 2 Dark Order at one point, and then Hangman does an epic comeback to level it up, only to get eliminated dirty. And then John Silver winds up pinning Matt Jackson and Doc Gallows to win it by himself.

Then Dark Order decide to give the Tag Team title shot to Silver & Reynolds instead of Uno & Grayson because it's heartwarming.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Fantasy booking for the elimination style match from me sees the Dark Order clean sweep the Elite and bring it down to a 5v1. Kenny vs Everybody and instead of eating a pinfall he turns and runs away losing via count out - saving the pinfall for All Out. Perfect chicken shit heel move.

Then at All Out I have the Bucks retaining over Dark Order (so they can lose to PnP in Arthur Ashe) and Hangman winning the title from Omega to send the fans home happy.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kenny omega opted out of the elimination match and had Cutler or knocka knock it off take his place. 

1 hour ago, EVA said:

Elite vs Hangman/Dark Order sounds like a lot of fun, as long as it’s Survivor Series rules and not goofy New Japan rules.

Some of my favourite matches from the early, peak NOAH era were the captain's fall elimination matches. That would be my go to. 

• Like 1

Mox was dope, because Mox is always dope. Karl Anderson is replacement level, but he wasn't bad here.

Ricky Starks is The. Shit. Good to see him get the reaction he got on the big stage. That was fantastic.

The Cody/Malachai Black thing dipped a bit in the middle, but that crowd was rabid for Black. That was awesome.

Andrade will find his footing. Getting him involved with the Triangle will be cool. 

That was the correct usage of the Bucks. One gets punched in the face for talking shit while the other cowers in fear of getting punched in the face for talking shit. And that might've been the first time I've ever seen Kenny Omega in AEW where the gimmick he thinks he's doing was actually his gimmick. Crowd was molten for Hangman Page & Dark Order.

Christian/Matt Hardy was good, though the best part was Jurassic Express hitting the ring postmatch. 

Britt is turning into a gifted promo. Get well soon Rebel!

Vickie is bad. Like, real bad.

Vance/Mox will be good, because it's always good.

Jericho/MJF segment as... a segment. I agree with whoever said it'd be funny as shit if Jericho lost the first challenge.

Penelope Ford has "it." Sakazaki was fun, too.

Why is Miro the coolest motherfucker that ever lived?

Main was good. It bugs me a bit that 60+ year old Sting gets so much offense on these young guys, but that seems minor. Darby Allin has a death wish.

• Like 6

I think the only reason Darby Allin's still with us on God's Green Earth is because he wasn't headhunted by Lucha Underground. No, I don't mean LITERALLY (although with LU, you never quite knew), but you KNOW they would have him do some crazy-ass shit.

Not that coffin dropping a coffin isn't some crazy-ass shit, mind you.

Couple of WWE-ish camera oopsies in the main event (missing the missed Stinger Splash), but man, that had the hate. It wasn't some mystical "Cage the spirit forever" coffin match, it was "I hate you motherfucker, and this shit won't stop till one or both of us are underground, and then we might do it again in Hell." AEW does hate well. 

By that I mean, most mid and upper card feuds in WWE aren't exactly filled with emotion. They're marking time. to flip a saying around, if you're not on last, they treat feuds like they're on first. Just meaningless matches to fill time.

Here, they do a job to tell us WHY these people hate each other, let them actually say they hate each other, and then act out that hate in the ring. Gives the matches more meaning.

And yes, Give the Dark Order the tag titles. Either team. Hell, have one team win it, and then have a Dark Order vs Dark Order tag title match, with the rest of the Dark Order telling the fans to cheer "ALL THESE GUYS!"

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Enjoyed alot of what I've seen so far, really liked Hardy v Christian and Starks v Cage, looking forward to the antics in the main when I get round to it.

I knew Starks was going to be cheered, but I didn't realize it would be so overwhelming. He really does ooze charisma like no one since the Rock. Tommy End/Malakai Black had the crowd in the palm of his hand as well. Really awesome crowd, not snarky or smarky in any way. Really enjoyed the Magical Girl return. She is everything Riho should be, imho. 

6 hours ago, Rev Ray said:

If Tony still reads here, redo this pic with hook and tay.

Well, if he doesn't, then someone who obviously does it FOR him, must forward this amazing idea to him, stat!

Edited by Shartnado
An extra t in him removed