DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 7/14/2021 - Fyter Fest Night One

Besides this being a great pro wrestling show, it was done without tons of bells and whistles (just the main event gimmick match). Dynamite may not have quite as good of a main event every week (though there have been many memorable ones already), but on the whole, it's very replicable and could start a standard with shows back on the road in front of full houses.

• Like 3

This episode, to me, felt like Crash TV done right. It was like you barely had a second to breathe, as you kept getting hit with action, and two hours was over before you knew it.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, eikerir said:

It’s weird we all fondly remember in detail  the My Way and My Sacrifice video packages from 20 years ago, but can anyone name any another well remembered video from the past 5-10 years or so? (Apart from Daniel Bryan’s “Monster” one)?

Monster gets my vote as the best wrestling video package ever.

Amazing all three come from the same show, WrestleMania XXX.

• Like 1

I'll second Undertaker/Shawn Michaels from WrestleMania XX, John Cena/CM Punk Money in the Bank 2011, The Miz from WrestleMania XXVII and the tribute video to the late, great, Mr. Brodie Lee. I'll nominate from 2012:

NSFW.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I am sure we can all agree that The White Castle of Fear was the Greatest Video Package of All Time.

Everything about this is perfect. Nothing about it has aged badly at all.

It's just too bad the those ham and eggers, Sting and Vader, couldn't live up to this in the ring:

Edited by Gordberg
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I mean, I wouldn't mind an episode of Dynamite about how Cody got his tattoo. 

This is a fantastic joke. I want you to know I appreciate it. Truly. If Matthew Fox had bleached his hair in an attempt to look like his more talented dad the analogy would be perfect...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, just drew said:

This is a fantastic joke. I want you to know I appreciate it. Truly. If Matthew Fox had bleached his hair in an attempt to look like his more talented dad the analogy would be perfect...

Cody after dying his hair back to black for two weeks:

Spoiler

“We have to go back!” 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is another video package that’s 23 years old now but I remember finding it so epic the first time I saw it when I was 11 that it’s still in my head to this day.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, just drew said:

Fun fact: the name of that episode for Dynamite where Cody had that weird black hair is "My Chemical Rhodemance". Their Senior Producer, Jess Palombo, names every episode each week on her Instagram.

(This episode was Coffin Flop)

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

The only thing new is that Tony is horny for her. 

If Tony is still alive ten years from now, and is a widower, it wouldn’t shock me if her, and him end up together.

This is the worst post.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

You can tell that Jericho really took her under his wing, and got her to this point. Her promos, her gimmicks, and even the weird top knot are all 97-98 Jericho.

that's what it is.

Reba/Rebel is right in that Ralphus niche

yeah, I definitely see it now

• Like 6

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
53 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

The only thing new is that Tony is horny for her. 

If Tony is still alive ten years from now, and is a widower, it wouldn’t shock me if her, and him end up together.

"Adam Cole has picked up a steel chair...what in the...BY GAHD TONY LOOK OUT!"

4 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

You can tell that Jericho really took her under his wing, and got her to this point. Her promos, her gimmicks, and even the weird top knot are all 97-98 Jericho.

Well... Rebel (Not Reba) is probably insulted now by being Ralphus ?

17 hours ago, Gordberg said:

I am sure we can all agree that The White Castle of Fear was the Greatest Video Package of All Time.

Everything about this is perfect. Nothing about it has aged badly at all.

It's just too bad the those ham and eggers, Sting and Vader, couldn't live up to this in the ring:

LOl, there's so much cheese in that video that my cholesterol shot up 100 pts. while watching it.

That said, cheesy WCW video packages are probably my favorite video packages.  And the feud was great.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2021 at 10:24 PM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I can see Page get unfairly eliminated somehow, and one of the lowly members of the Dark Order getting the upset to become the hero.

What Survivor Series was it when Ziggler went the distance against Team Authority after Big Show turned on Cena? That was officially the last cool thing Ziggles ever did...

• Like 1