DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2021 - Bottom Half

Dolfan in NYC

I'm not sure if this is some type of record but the Braves being utterly unable and/or unwilling to win two games in a row has led to them going 17 straight games alternating between wins and loses. Its both endlessly frustrating and amusing.

zeszHkk.jpg

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

Jed Hoyer: Bryant, Rizzo & Baez are all big fat liars about wanting to stay in Chicago!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/jed-hoyer-threw-baez-bryant-and-rizzo-under-the-bus-after-trading-them/ar-AAMRcad?li=BBnb7Kz

Yeah...It's no secret that I have thought Jed Hoyer fucking SUCKS for years now. He is basically nothing without Theo and man is he a million times worse at PR than Theo. I listened to that clip and was in utter amazement at what I was hearing. If you're a Cubs fan then you should know that Jed is the man for the job he's in now because he sucks and he'll do what Ricketts tells him to do.

After thinking about it over the weekend, I think the haul we got sucks. We got a bunch of dudes who are now 9th or 30th or 6th best in our farm system. The guys in front of them aren't that good. So the farm went from being below average to maybe average to decidedly average. Ownership is also not going to spend a fucking dime even with a payroll that's just north of $60 million for the 4th or 5th largest market team. The Ricketts are all scummy people and Tom talking about suffering biblical losses is fucking hilarious. Fuck him. This is a team that got practically nothing back for Darvish. So none of this proves that Jed somehow miraculously became a better GM than he was in his time with SD.  Plus, the same FO is in place that hasn't been able to draft well unless they have a tippy top pick.

It's cool and all that the team got players in return for sentimental favorites that got low balled on extensions, but they should have been making brave moves every year. So why did they wait until now to make any of these trades? Because getting rid of fan favorites hurts the bottom line. The money was there to offer meaningful extensions to KB, Javy, and Rizzo, but they weren't going to spend it. Now they're talking about how this is more of a retooling than a rebuild?! The fuck it is. I'll be happy to eat crow if this team spends on top tier free agents over the next one to two years, but I'll believe it when I see it. There's a bunch of great FAs that will be available in 2022. Freeman, Castellanos, and Story are probably at the top of that list. What we'll get? Probably too many years of Khris Davis.

Fuck Tom Rickets and fuck Jed Hoyer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tabe said:

Jed Hoyer: Bryant, Rizzo & Baez are all big fat liars about wanting to stay in Chicago!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/jed-hoyer-threw-baez-bryant-and-rizzo-under-the-bus-after-trading-them/ar-AAMRcad?li=BBnb7Kz

Hoyer out here insisting that all his ex girlfriends were "crazy bitches"

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Rocco said:

To the surprise of no one who roots for the Mets, Javy Baez is already hurt.  We really cant have nice things.  

Javy is fine. This is just who Javy is. As someone who has watched him in the minors until now, he's always been a little, um, dramatic when it comes to any ache or pain he has. Get used to it because it won't be the last time he looks like he was hurt.

46 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oakland is bringing back Khris Davis on a minor league deal

It is really remarkable that a guy can hit 48 homers IN OAKLAND at the age of 30 and be basically washed up a year later at the age of 31.  

He's also the answer for "Worst player to hit 40 homers in three straight seasons".  

20 hours ago, Infinit said:

I'm so glad the Jays score so many runs because that bullpen still want to make game interesting lol

Taylor Saucedo shouldn't be up right now.  Next week things should balance out when one of the starters goes to the BP.  And if Pearson finds his groove he will help out.  Losing Phelps and Merryweather early on was such a kick in the teeth.  Interesting note that came up was that Austin Martin was Minnesota's backup choice in the Barrios deal.  They wanted teenager Orelvis Martinez but Toronto wouldn't move him.  Interesting having Cimber finish the game.  Romano seems to have lost his groove trying to be the 9th inning guy.  Moving him back may help him

Edited by Serious Darius Bagfelt
  • Like 1

Tigers have extended Jonathan Schoop for 2 years, $15 million

It is interesting as originally folks thought Schoop would be traded but between him playing well and Detroit playing better than expected, management decided to keep him as one of the building blocks

I was joking with Ed earlier in the week about how with the rate Yankee players keep testing positive for COVID (vaccinated or not), that Anthony Rizzo would test positive by the end of the week.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31987292/anthony-rizzo-latest-new-york-yankees-player-test-positive-covid-19

I hate it when I am right (though it wasn't that hard to predict with Rizzo).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I was joking with Ed earlier in the week about how with the rate Yankee players keep testing positive for COVID (vaccinated or not), that Anthony Rizzo would test positive by the end of the week.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/31987292/anthony-rizzo-latest-new-york-yankees-player-test-positive-covid-19

I hate it when I am right (though it wasn't that hard to predict with Rizzo).

That was my first concern given the Yankees issues with covid.

My hope is that now Rizzo trusts the science and gets the fucking vaccine.