DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2021 - Bottom Half

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Austin Martin and Simeon Woods Richardson. Steep... 

Not really SWR is trending the wrong way. He's gotten hammered this year. Scuttlebutt from the recent futures game was that Austin Martin was the least impressive one out there. Austin is a guy that plays a couple of positions but apparently none of them very good so he needs to be plus with the bat but the Jays have a glut of middle infield guys hitting better than Martin. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Infinit said:

Wow...I thought the Jays would trade Groshans before Martin. 

Groshans has stepped up this year and could potentially be a 3rd baseman. Martin doesn't have the arm for 3rd. I would have liked more for Martin but you trade from surplus and there are a gang of SS in the system that you can convert to OF

• Like 1

2 hours ago, elizium said:

That's a man who does not look too upset to be getting out of Dodge

This is in regard to the tweet, but for fucks sake, he already said he would want to re-sign with the Cubs this off-season if it's possible. Like KB gives a fuck about service time. Dude understands it's a business, he won a WS with them, made some of his best friends ever there, but that's not going to stop Twitter from being dumb. 

But yeah, I'd be happy to get out of there too and not be the last one there to turn the lights off. 

The Yanks starting OF tonight was Stanton in LF, Judge in CF and Gallo in RF which is just all sorts of wacky

Even wackier is that Stanton was replaced by a pitcher

Also - the Rockies held onto everyone because they are idiots

Trevor Story they decided to hold onto so they could make him a QO and then get draft picks

They then proceeded to scratch him from tonight's lineup because it appears he is PISSED they didn't trade him

• Like 1

Today I learned that the Dominican Republic Olympic team is running an OF comprised of Jose Bautista, Emilio Bonifacio and Melky Cabrera

Of course even funnier is the Mexican team has TWO 39 year olds playing for them in Adrian Gonzalez and Oliver Perez

Tyler Glasnow is all but certain to be having Tommy John surgery (basically they are gonna take another week to see if they can find an "alternate way to rehab his partially torn UCL otherwise it is TJ)

If he has it, he most likely will miss the entire 2022 season too

White Sox rookie catcher Seby Zavala became the first player in MLB history* to hit his first 3 career HRs in the same

2 solo HRs and a Grand Slam. The White Sox's lost to Cleveland 12-11 so I am gonna be over here giggling

* - this is pending the inclusion of Negro League stats

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Basically the Mets backed out of the deal they had because they say Rocker is hurt. Rocker’s side says this is bullshit

I think you would have to be quite gullible to think they didn't back out due to an injury.