DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2021 - Bottom Half

Dolfan in NYC

23 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Here's what you're getting @RIPPA

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CR7xY2BjTl9/?utm_medium=copy_link

I feel very, very overwhelmed right now. In my 40 years of being a Cubs fan, he's probably the greatest Cub and I hope he plays extremely well for the Yankees.

I get favorite player stuff.  But what did Ryne Sandberg ever do to you?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Jose Berrios to the Blue Jays. Twins getting back multiple prospects. Seeing talk of Nate Pearson.

So not Pearson but 2 from their Top 5

To be fair - at least with Martin

He is theoretically blocked by Bo Bichette at SS and the Jays have like 42 guys in the OF

Now beyond Springer, will any of those OF be there when Martin is ready, that is a different story

It appears Craig Kimbrel is being sent across town

Not sure how Chicago is but if this was NY, the two teams trading with each other would be bigger news than the actual folks traded

36 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It appears Craig Kimbrel is being sent across town

Not sure how Chicago is but if this was NY, the two teams trading with each other would be bigger news than the actual folks traded

It would have been bigger news pre-BP Crosstown Cup or whatever the fuck it's called. Since the introduction of that thing however many years ago, and the reduction in games between the two teams, it seems like no one really gives a shit about players going from one team to the next.

2 hours ago, EdA said:

I get favorite player stuff.  But what did Ryne Sandberg ever do to you?

Greatest Cub goes beyond the stuff on the field. I don't recall Sandberg doing as much community outreach and charity work as Rizzo. Plus, while Sandberg softened in his old age and took the time to sign a bunch of autographs while managing minor league ball (and you can even mail him stuff directly and he'll sign it and mail it back to you provided you include a check to cover shipping costs), he wasn't the most outgoing Cub when he was actively playing. Rizzo was practically the John Cena of the team, giving himself to everything and everyone. Hard to not appreciate that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Greatest Cub goes beyond the stuff on the field. I don't recall Sandberg doing as much community outreach and charity work as Rizzo. Plus, while Sandberg softened in his old age and took the time to sign a bunch of autographs while managing minor league ball (and you can even mail him stuff directly and he'll sign it and mail it back to you provided you include a check to cover shipping costs), he wasn't the most outgoing Cub when he was actively playing. Rizzo was practically the John Cena of the team, giving himself to everything and everyone. Hard to not appreciate that.

Ernie Banks?

• Like 2