DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2021 - Bottom Half

Dolfan in NYC

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

They went with Guardians because of that architecture on bridges or something. That's the official line. I think they're just secretly promoting the Guardian Angels and Curtis Sliwa for mayor of NYC.

They have four pillars over the Cuyahoga river called "The Guardians of Traffic".  Doesn't make the name any better but at least there's a local connection.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Domingo German had a no hitter through 7 and a 4-0 lead

Thanks to the Yanks bullpen it is now 5-4 Boston

It's like we're back in the 80's.

Well if you are interested in any of Nationals players NOT named Juan Soto,  the market is open.   They have finally realized that this isn't 2019 

Apparently the "hot trade" talked about is Max going to the Rays.  Like they need more help

Edited by hammerva

Yeah - Scherzer apparently is ready to get the fuck out of Dodge since he has said he won't excerise his 10/5 rights.

I am enjoying how the Nats are already saying they won't sign Trea Turner long term

We live in crazy times.   Trea Turner was pulled from last night's game which immediately assumed he was traded or going to be traded.   Then it was found out he was out because he has COVID.   Only to hear Nationals fans act like "oh thank god it was just COVID"  

• Haha 1

The Mariners traded closer Kendall Graveman to the Astros of all teams

Mariners players were pissed

So Seattle then swooped in and got Tyler Anderson from the Pirates after the deal Pittsburgh had with the Phillies fell apart

I don't think that is gonna smooth things over but that is just me

Yeah, Marte was absolutely done in Miami.  Last night he completely half-assed a play and allowed a very catchable HR.  My understanding is Luzardo has been very bad recently, but has insane upside.  

In short, Kim Ng rules. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

My understanding is Luzardo has been very bad recently

That is certainly one way to put it

Entering the 2021 season, Luzardo was a popular breakout pick and was viewed clear member of the A’s rotation, but it’s instead been a nightmarish season for him. The lefty posted uneven results through his first five starts of the season, looking excellent at times but also yielding five runs in two different outings. He then fractured his pinkie finger in what he called an “immature” mistake, hitting his hand on a table while playing video games just hours before a scheduled start. Luzardo spent nearly a month on the shelf and pitched poorly upon his return, serving up 11 runs in 10 innings — this time out of the bullpen.

Luzardo was optioned to Triple-A Las Vegas on June 21, where he’s been stretching back out as a starter. The results have not been pretty, however. He’s pitched in eight games, tallying just 29 innings while limping to a 6.87 ERA with uncharacteristically poor strikeout (19.3) and walk (11.1) percentages. Las Vegas is an extremely hitter-friendly setting, but it’s impossible to simply chalk struggles of that magnitude up to a difficult environment.

15 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Sounds like the Yankees are getting Joey Gallo. Someone put out an apb on Rippa's pants. 

First I wanna see what they are giving up

Second - I am not exactly the biggest Gallo fan

Third - he doesn't pitch

• Like 1