DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2021 - Bottom Half

Dolfan in NYC

Two straight Phillies losses, two nights in a row, both attributable to COVID denying assholes like Aaron Nola.

I can't wait for the lockout to come put me out of this sorry franchise's misery.

I love Jon Lester, unless he's a piece of shit denier or something. It was fun to watch that dude evolve from someone who couldn't even hit the ball to someone who is on occasion able to hit dongs. 

He still can barely throw to first, but whatever though.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Multiple reports are saying the Indians new name will be Guardians

Here's the video announcing it. (Bonus narration by Tom Hanks!)

1 minute ago, Eoae said:

I like the logo, but, yeah, the name doesn't do a lot for me.

I don't like the logo either.  It's a ripoff of about 10 other things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Here's the video announcing it. (Bonus narration by Tom Hanks!)

Ironically, you got a whole lot of angry white folks crying about baseball right now.

• Haha 1

I don't hate the name, although it has real strong "fake team in a movie" energy.  But keeping the same font really makes it look like they just scratched off the "Ind" and put a "Guard" in its place.

I agree with Gorman that the flying G logo is pretty good.

• Like 1

I like the wings on the logo as a call back to feathers, but there's something about the tilt-shifted look of the logo and the blockiness of it that bugs me. And the name is the most generic, Create-a-Team shit. I was always hoping for the Rockers, but a friend of mine thought they went with Guardians because it was the easiest thing to change to from Indians in Adobe Illustrator.

• Like 1

HOT STOVE~!

Apparently the Mets are acquiring Rich Hill and the Rays are getting Tommy Hunter and a AA catcher

Edited by RIPPA
flipped the teams

Didn't like the name at first, but it has grown on me a bit. Curious as to what the shortened name with be; the Gs? the Guardies?

Like a lot of you, I really dig the winged logo. If they put that on a hat, I'll probably buy it. The funky script is pretty good too, very 1950s. Like the Elks (née Eskimos), it's similar enough to the old script to suggest a continuation. The solo C is nice looking, but bugs me a little that its doesn't match the C in Cleveland. Kind of reminds me that for years the Ds on the Tigers hats and home jerseys didn't actually match (the interlocking NYs on the Yankees jerseys and hats for that matter too).

14141847831_22c71cc3fa.jpg

14166764893_786326ae87_o.png

They went with Guardians because of that architecture on bridges or something. That's the official line. I think they're just secretly promoting the Guardian Angels and Curtis Sliwa for mayor of NYC.