DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2021 - Bottom Half

Dolfan in NYC

Ohtani is pitching, DH, and batting lead off in the ASG. Credit to MLB for actually getting behind a special player for once. Too bad Ohtani is stuck with the Angels.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 2

BTW, if you want to see what complete psychopaths professional athletes are: 

I get about caring what you put into your body, but Jesus Harold Christ.

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Ohtani is pitching, DH, and batting lead off in the ASG. Credit to MLB for actually getting behind a special player for once. Too bad Ohtani is stuck with the Angels.

You probably don't want to see the segment from ESPN with Stephen A. Smith going on a full-on racist rant against him... 

It's skin-crawlingly grotesque. 

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

You probably don't want to see the segment from ESPN with Stephen A. Smith going on a full-on racist rant against him... 

It's skin-crawlingly grotesque. 

Yeah. Hard pass on that.

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

To be fair, I think planning on being laid up for a week at most is a good idea when getting the vaccine. I had COVID and each Pfizer shot I got made me feel like I was all fucked up for days. The symptoms were like what I had with COVID, but more extreme if that makes any sense. After the first shot, the symptoms started within hours. I felt like I was beaten with a baseball bat, my head was killing me to the point I took my migraine medicine, sick to my stomach, etc. The stuff that lasted for days was bad pain going up and down the stairs, feeling lethargic and falling asleep at my desk multiple times, brain fog, etc. All the same stuff happened with the second shot.

So if you can come back sooner in whatever line of work you're in if they allow that, then cool. Our company was giving folks paid time off for up to 5 days for each shot. Not everyone is so generous, but with regards to baseball, they're probably even more generous.

Now, is the vaccine causing pseudogout, something I never even heard of, maybe not? For the other stuff though, I could see where some guys may have felt messed up for days afterward and instead of just taking the time off, they compensated in other ways and wound up hurting themselves.

5 hours ago, Craig H said:

To be fair, I think planning on being laid up for a week at most is a good idea when getting the vaccine. I had COVID and each Pfizer shot I got made me feel like I was all fucked up for days. The symptoms were like what I had with COVID, but more extreme if that makes any sense. After the first shot, the symptoms started within hours. I felt like I was beaten with a baseball bat, my head was killing me to the point I took my migraine medicine, sick to my stomach, etc. The stuff that lasted for days was bad pain going up and down the stairs, feeling lethargic and falling asleep at my desk multiple times, brain fog, etc. All the same stuff happened with the second shot.

So if you can come back sooner in whatever line of work you're in if they allow that, then cool. Our company was giving folks paid time off for up to 5 days for each shot. Not everyone is so generous, but with regards to baseball, they're probably even more generous.

Now, is the vaccine causing pseudogout, something I never even heard of, maybe not? For the other stuff though, I could see where some guys may have felt messed up for days afterward and instead of just taking the time off, they compensated in other ways and wound up hurting themselves.

Kota Ibushi just missed the last two NJPW shows due to vaccine side effects as well.

Rob Manfred said in an interview with the BBWAA that it is pretty much a lock that the 7 inning DH and the extra runner in extras would be going away next year

• Like 2

They talked about that on Jomboy's podcast about how now the players are saying they like the 7 inning DHs and it's going to be going away. Personally, I also kinda like the shorter DH games, but the extra runner in extras is the dumbest fucking thing that can die in a fire.

• Like 1

Well again - I think something that people forget is that - most of these players came up through the minors that used the 7 inning DH so it isn't a crazy concept to them.

But the big reason they are going away is so teams can start doing day/night DHs again and charge separate admission

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 2:35 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

That's like Flip Gordon level stupid.

At least he got a vaccine though, so it's not like too dumb to live stupid.

Edited by alstein

So are those the worst uniforms/jersey in recent All Star game history?   I mean how had is it to just use the home uniforms for one side and the away uniforms for the other side.  At least they had them use their team hat or nobody would have a clue on the team they played for

Just now, Pete said:

Will Clark couldn't get much farther from THAT play if he tried now.

Considering he retired over 20 years ago... I would say he is pretty far away from it already