DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 7/7/2021

Who brings a sign that reads "Persona 5 sucks" to a wrestling show? Persona 5 is fucking great and even if you don't like it, why would you bring that sign to AEW? So random and I can't stop thinking about it.

Edited by MrKothoga
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Bummed that Andrade and Sydal didn’t really have much chemistry.  The crowd really wanted to be into it, but it just never came together.  Still, it was a lot better than Miro’s first match.

• Like 3

Talking up Championship Wrestling from Florida in a diatribe that was otherwise pure heeling was an odd choice, Excalibur psychically intuiting Tommy End's new name was pretty weird too, and the Dark Order looked ridiculous being taken out by Nakazawa and the Good Brothers.

But those are nitpicks. Good show overall.

• Like 2

E5vFpHQXEAMa_U-.jpg?width=400&height=225

So that happened. 

Anyway, thought it was a mediocre card. I probably enjoyed the six-man and the mixed tag most actually. The strap match was just kinda there, as was the Andrade debut; he needed a squash way more than a 50/50 with Matt Sydal. Kenny had nice shoes, Page did a ferocious Cactus clothesline, and I think the Jericho Gauntlet match will be interesting and way screwy. 

My main complaint is they seem to always job out the wrestlers I like on the show, unless it's a big gimmick match and now that's slipping into the big gimmick matches. 

4 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Oh yeah Omega asking Evil Uno a trivia question and then punting him right in the balls was the most enjoyable thing I've seen Omega do in weeks, that was amazing.

Evil Uno is supposed to say “Bangkok.” Christian did it to Monty Brown in like 2006. Once again, anything Kenneth does is derivative of something someone else did better 15 years ago.

8 minutes ago, Jiji said:

The "THAT'S NOT TOMMY END THAT'S MALACHI/MALAKAI BLACK!" thing was also a bad miss too. Reminiscent of "THAT'S THE BUTCHER AND THAT'S THE BLADE!" Thought they learned not to force the debuts like that. The lights going out during Cody's match was a nice psych out though. Andrade and Tommy are huge gets to help fill out the top of the card. Future is bright.

Abso-fuckin-lutely!

What's up with Reba's catty gestures?  We don't need a split with the Doctor.  They are a perfect team.  No more asking Reba to wrestle.  Her talent is seconding DMD.

Edited by HarryArchieGus

So is Dan Lambert going to be Jim Ross if he was more reliable n AEW?

Also hoping that Tommy End got to choose his first name and it wasn't like people are joking that it is based the 3rd less successful Jackson 

Edited by hammerva
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

What's up with Reba's catty gestures?  We don't need a split here.

Her name is Rebel, not Reba. Britt was getting her name wrong as a heel spot, but now she's still doing it as a mostly babyface.

Jake Hager was on fire in that six man.  I'm surprised they didn't protect him a little better on the finish, but I'm okay with that.  FTR and Wardlow beat them soundly and then celebrated, then beat up the Old Dog, and then celebrated some more.  I love Tully, Cash, Dax and Wardlow.  

13 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Excalibur psychically intuiting Tommy End's new name was pretty weird too,

Or maybe he just watched Tommy’s silly Instagram video from earlier today?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Jake Hager was on fire in that six man.  I'm surprised they didn't protect him a little better on the finish, but I'm okay with that.  FTR and Wardlow beat them soundly and then celebrated, then beat up the Old Dog, and then celebrated some more.  I love Tully, Cash, Dax and Wardlow.  

Hager’s been mostly pretty good in AEW, probably because they’re not asking him to do too much. When he gives a shit, he’s pretty good.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, EVA said:

Or maybe he just watched Tommy’s silly Instagram video from earlier today?

Maybe, but if so maybe he should have communicated to viewers that such a video existed, rather than seemingly pulling the new name from thin air.

• Like 2

Hager has always been a good tag worker too.

I was at the show live so I didn’t know Tommy End had a new name. When the lights went out, and you saw the figure in the dark most in the building assumed Shawn Spears because of the hair. So it was a total surprise that it was End.

The Andrade match turned out well to me. Sydal just looked like he was purposely not trying to show up Andrade. But I agree I’m not a fan of his new finisher. It’s nice he respectfully changed it for Tay, though. Maybe either go with something different, or find a way to hit it in a more prettier fashion.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah, he is fine when he gets tagged in, goes Beast Mode, tags out. Works very very well. You keep him limited as a wrecking ball guy and he is great.

When they put him with Ziggles & Vickie back in the day, that should’ve been what they did. Held the tag belts for a good while doing exactly that. But, you know, wwe…

• Like 1

If Tommy End's WWE name was Aleister Black, can he actually be called Malachai Black in AEW? Because one of the names is the same, innit? Unless it's pronounced Black but it's spelt Bloch or something. Anyway.

Amanda Nunes was there and they mentioned she was a two weight UFC Champion, but they never said anything about how she destroyed Ronda Rousey in a couple of minutes without particularly trying.

• Like 1