DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 7/7/2021

If the streetfight is anything like the one the Bucks had with Butcher and Blade, it's going to be awesome.

Also on the show:

• First show back on the road, fuck you covid!
  • Cody vs QT in a Yappapi Strap Match to determine the future of the Codyverse
  • FTR (finally gets a TV match) & Wardlow vs THEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBEST and Hagar.  Should be GREAT.
  • KStat & OC vs Blade & Bunny: First AEW TV intergender match.  I'm curious how it goes.
  • Andrade El Idolo (or "Ill Igloo" if you're JR) vs Matt somebody.  Should be GREAT.
  • Jericho and MJF please don't call it a promo!  Give it a cool name in a FACE TO FACE STANDOFF
  • JR, in the role most of us want him relegated to, does a sitdown with Darby and the other Page

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm hoping we get MDK Andrade tonight, like the one that annihilated Johnny Gargano. Andrade is one of the few guys I've seen that looks like he wants to go faster and faster and just pour on the offense and destroy someone. A lot of wrestlers will do a move, walk over, then another move, then a transition, etc. Andrade can be such a speed demon where he hits a huge move, hits another hard move, runs over and hits another big move, etc. It looks so different than so many other wrestlers and it just works. 

• Like 5

Bucks vs. Eddie/Penta 

So are the Bucks going to double team a lot and use interference and illegal objects? What a drastic change! I am over the Bucks as the only people who work every week on the show.

First show back on the road, fuck you covid!

Crowd should be molten, hopefully it won't be a chant fest.

Cody vs QT in a Yappapi Strap Match to determine the future of the Codyverse

Is Agogo out hurt or something? He's seems to have gone missing for quite a few weeks and he's the money in the Factory angle. QT has never really caught on as a threat or a character. 

FTR (finally gets a TV match) & Wardlow vs THEBESTTHEBESTTHEBESTTHEBEST and Hagar.  Should be GREAT.

Yes.

KStat & OC vs Blade & Bunny: First AEW TV intergender match.  I'm curious how it goes.

Blade's pretty underrated and Bunny doesn't get enough credit. I assume they won't have male on female violence on national tv but intergender tags under WWE rules are dumb. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

Andrade El Idolo (or "Ill Igloo" if you're JR) vs Matt somebody.  Should be GREAT.

Sombra should blow his doors off. Somebody is a journeyman on AEW and there's no value in a good match at this time. Make a star.

Jericho and MJF please don't call it a promo!  Give it a cool name in a FACE TO FACE STANDOFF

It's not a promo!  It's not!

JR, in the role most of us want him relegated to, does a sitdown with Darby and the other Page

Darby talking is a bad.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Won't be able to catch the show live. Hope Jericho and MJF give me at least ten minutes to lean on the fast-forward. 

How long is a chorus of Judas?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Goodear said:

Cody vs QT in a Yappapi Strap Match to determine the future of the Codyverse

Is Agogo out hurt or something? He's seems to have gone missing for quite a few weeks and he's the money in the Factory angle. QT has never really caught on as a threat or a character. 

Recently had to have another eye surgery.

• Sad 1

This is a terrific line-up save for yet another Inner Circle townhall.  Is there anybody out there that has actually enjoyed the pairing of Friedman and Jericho? 

I'm also excited to hear how 'Trapped Gas' Jim Ross slams his critics.

16 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

<Pedant>It's a mixed tag, not an intergender match.</Pedant>

To be fair they’re promoting it as a Dynamite first. Which isn’t true.

Edited by Casey

This wasn’t on Dynamite, but - Omega/Riho vs Kip Sabian/Penelope Ford on Dark from the Jericho Cruise was also billed as a mixed tag match, and it was definitely an intergender match instead. Who knows, we’ll find out in a few hours.

3 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

This is a terrific line-up save for yet another Inner Circle townhall.  Is there anybody out there that has actually enjoyed the pairing of Friedman and Jericho? 

I've enjoyed the pairing of MJF and Jericho.

• Like 2

What a great fucking card!

Poor Tommy End can't go by his gimmick name even in AEW.  Is Malakai Black supposed to be an alter ego?

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Top 3 things on this week's Dynamite:

1) That entire bonkers ATT segment, particularly the Johnny Valentine shout-out.

2) The Bucks' Rancho Cucamonga Street Fighter gear.

3) The crowd.

EDIT: I also wanted to add, just for the record: Hats off to the AEW production crew for not giving the idiot fan who jumped the rails at the start of the Jericho/MJF segment any TV exposure. And to, I believe, Jericho for tcob and not getting flustered. 

Edited by Gordberg
  • Like 5

That bizarre promo ending with Lance Archer murdering a guy was fucking hilarious and great.

lmao at QT Marshall not even getting an entrance to his big feud blowoff. Jesus, dude.

Main event was way too silly up front but got better on the back end. Kingston really busted his ass through that picture in picture ad break. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Poor Tommy End can't go by his gimmick name even in AEW.  Is Malachi Black supposed to be an alter ego?

I don't know but his make up looked like he had the same type of stroke as Mother Superior did in "Silent Night Deadly Night 2"

• Haha 1

That Andrade finisher was dogshit. That whole match felt off, like his early NXT stuff. He'll undoubtedly find his rhythm but this was a swing and a miss. If Matt Sydal can't make your move look good, who can? I get that he can't do the Sombra Driver to everybody, but that's what the knees in the corner are for. 

The "THAT'S NOT TOMMY END THAT'S MALACHI/MALAKAI BLACK!" thing was also a bad miss too. Reminiscent of "THAT'S THE BUTCHER AND THAT'S THE BLADE!" Thought they learned not to force the debuts like that. The lights going out during Cody's match was a nice psych out though. Andrade and Tommy are huge gets to help fill out the top of the card. Future is bright.

Main event was a little rushed with guys running into their spots n such but overall a really fun match. They protect Eddie and Penta while doing the logical thing of having the Bucks go over. I enjoyed it.

Hangman/Omega segment was excellent and the crowd is so fucking on board for Page. I wonder if Christian gave Omega the Bangkok line. Loved it.

The ATT stuff was, uh, strange. Lambert is a good talker in his delivery but he shit on the crowd and AEW then tried to get them to play along for like 5 minutes. Dumb. 

• Like 3