DVDVR Message Board

UFC 264: Poirier vs. McGregor III (7/10/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Was the post-fight ranting out of character for McGregor or something?  I don't follow MMA much aside from buying a PPV once every year or two when the main event is big enough to filter far enough into pop culture to make me aware of it.  But the post-match presser fit right in with my limited impression of McGregor.  

Didn’t enjoy the finish of the main. Anticlimactic. Enjoyable card all together.

Talk all you want, but right now there isn’t anyone in the UFC with the drawing power and stardom of mcGregor. Poirier can fight him 10 times and the star power won’t rub ofF on him.

anyway, poirier for the title seems about right. McGregor, if he recovers, shoulD fight Diaz. Proper money match.

I don't have any desire to see the continuation of the Nathan Diaz Show. And if Nate had spent less time laughing and pointing and more time punching Connor in the face, he'd of probably won the second fight anyway.

Edited by Execproducer

Yeah, I think the free replay is on Friday at 9pm.

If I'd paid for it, I'd probably feel kind of cheated. 

• Thanks 1

That number is shocking, as I felt zero hype for the fight and forgot it was even the week of until Wednesday or Thursday. And the Conor bros will still line up for the next one because he didn't "really" lose this fight. 

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

That number is shocking, as I felt zero hype for the fight and forgot it was even the week of until Wednesday or Thursday. And the Conor bros will still line up for the next one because he didn't "really" lose this fight. 

Dude, the Google trends were off the charts LAST WEEK (as in the previous Saturday). So yeah, 1.8 million isn't that shocking.

How credible is McGregor's claim that he had stress fractures in his ankle before the fight and it was common knowledge he was injured?  To me, it sounds ridiculous that his camp, Dana White, whatever doctors and licensing boards were involved, etc. let the fight proceed knowing he was injured, but I don't follow MMA at all.  Any truth to this?

On 7/16/2021 at 1:34 AM, Eoae said:

How credible is McGregor's claim that he had stress fractures in his ankle before the fight and it was common knowledge he was injured?  To me, it sounds ridiculous that his camp, Dana White, whatever doctors and licensing boards were involved, etc. let the fight proceed knowing he was injured, but I don't follow MMA at all.  Any truth to this?

Oh, he's doing a Tito? Fantastic. Can't wait for his next fight, where he spends the whole build up telling us how he's 100% healthy for the first time in years, loses, and then claims to have fractured his skull and been paralyzed from the waist down in training.

• Like 1