DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUL 2021

The Natural

See how Jade's angle is that Smart Mark Sterling is signing her to all these brand partnerships (that are secretly all with other bits of the Khan business empire)? Wouldn't it be funny if the unveiling of Fulham FC's kit for the 2021-22 season had Jade Cargill modelling it? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colonial said:

One of tonight's matches is a tag with Marko and Fuego teaming against Baron Black and Ryzin.

Will Fuego finally get a win? Will Baron and Ryzin end their winless runs? Will it end in a double count out?

Came here just to post this.

The (current) LONGEST LOSING STREAK IS ABOUT TO END. I'm personally hoping it's Ryzin, but the odds look better for Baron Black. Either way, I'll be happy!

Sammy Guevara is having computer issues and his vlog will be up tomorrow (he edited it, but it got deleted somehow before he could upload it. But he didn't delete any of the footage so he can just rebuild the edited version).

I want Cezar in New Japan. They are desperate for a fresh gaijin giant, and while he’s a fun goof, he should try to get himself a more serious roll in a major company. He’s also like a better Cody Hall if you think about it.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, AxB said:

The IWTV title is a contract magnet. Unless you're WARHORSE.

Lee Moriarty isn't signed anywhere yet is he? I thought he must have been since his reign was so short, but he's still wrestling places

7 minutes ago, elizium said:

Lee Moriarty isn't signed anywhere yet is he? I thought he must have been since his reign was so short, but he's still wrestling places

No, he's not signed anywhere yet. I remember reading he was on WWE's radar a while back.

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I loved Moriarty's matches against Alex Shelley.

I’m gonna see him for the first time in south San Francisco on Friday. My first show in 20 months. Karl fredericks on the card too. Can’t wait!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AxB said:

Fuego and Marko vs Ryzin and Baron Black was perfect.

I feel the announcers kind of undersold Fuego finally hitting his Tornado DDT, though. Did they forget about his whole "Master of the Tornado DDT" schtick?

It was also good how when Joey and Sonny went on The Waiting Room, Joey was dressed exactly as Sean Michaels was in the Barber Shop segment with Jannetty.

• Like 2

Yep, and Britt was begging him to do the superkick after the hug which got a chuckle out of me.  I honestly thought he would but going by the look in his face I think Joey will save the turn for later on.

1 hour ago, tbarrie said:

I feel the announcers kind of undersold Fuego finally hitting his Tornado DDT, though. Did they forget about his whole "Master of the Tornado DDT" schtick?

Fuego has hit the tornado DDT before ... believe he did in a match against QT and at least one other instance. I'm pretty sure the announcers went nuts in the QT match, then quietly moved away from the "Master" schtick.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Wheeler Yuta being signed? They just did an angle on Dark with him, and Angelico.

Edit: He won too. ?

Wheeler likes to travel, so I am not sure if he would stick with AEW.   He has a good look and can cut a decent promo, but he is a guy you could bring in like every six months for immediate smark name recognition.  I don't think you need to add him to this already stacked roster.

His standing Texas Cloverleaf is an interesting finisher, but it's tailor made for matches with smaller guys.  You're not going to get a Miro or a Bear Bronson into that move.

Shida vs. Dani Jordyn on Elevation was not entirely horrible.  Probably one of the better matches Shida has had since coming to the fed.

Poor Tesha Price.  Serena Deeb beat the living shit out of her.

FUEGO WINS~!

Edited by J.T.

I was also thinking since yesterday they filmed a few Dark’s between the live Saturday, and Wednesday(I’m not sure, because of how secretive they are about tapings), so we might get closure on the Yuta stuff.

I hope they are saving the Coffin Match for next week because they want Darby to bungee into the ring. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Continuing on my MOTY love from the Dynamite thread, Scorpio Sky squashing Marcus Kross was super fun this week.  I mean, Kross’s hair gives you a lot to work with, but Sky used it for all it was worth.  Rare to see heat like that in a squash these days.

• Like 1