DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUL 2021

The Natural

18 hours ago, Web Conn said:

Is there actually any issues or is it all hearsay?

I've seen several sources claim Cody's had a falling out with the Bucks and Omega, but it's always been from dubious sources like Sportskeedia and social media rumors.  

5 hours ago, Eoae said:

I've seen several sources claim Cody's had a falling out with the Bucks and Omega, but it's always been from dubious sources like Sportskeedia and social media rumors.  

That’s what I’m saying. The Between the Sheets guys have eluded to it, not saying they aren’t reputable I half entertain the thought cuz they said something about it. The Bucks said something in their book about Cody almost resigning to WWE and everyone took that as shots fired.

Dark audio mix could benefit a great deal from more live crowd less commentary.

The Stu/Uno assisted piledriver finish is fantastic.  Red Velvet seems to be continually improving her game, but needs to cut some of the 'creative' (see weak) offense.  Especially her awful finish.  I'd like to see more of her competent opponent - Alejandro Lion.  Speaking of poor finishes, the Young Guns Six Man had a lot to offer until said finish.  Dante Martin is really great and needs to quickly move on from using the flipping stunner bullshit.  Pillman Jr post match promo wasn't particularly strong, but it's nice to see them passing around a live mic on Dark.  More and more promos please. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

NY has had vaccine only events there so I wouldn't be against them doing that for Queens.  Though that would likely mean a sizeable decrease in those going so so much for that. 

Fine by me. They can move my seat down as far as they want. I'll bring my CZW airhorn and Arena Mexico rudo clacker, or whatever.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 3

Just say you have to be vaccinated with proof to attend AEW shows. Let these fuckin’ morons who think it’ll turn you into Magneto or whatever just be deprived of live entertainment and whatever else. I’m so sick of catering to these nutjobs and them ruining it for everyone else that has done what they’re supposed to. Goddamn.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4

Still unsure of how to properly embed a tweet, but here's one from SRS on Tony Khan saying he thinks he "underutilizes DQ and count out finishes"

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1420399161883512846

TK, please don't star throwing out finishes like that. Please.

Edit - Also, apparently he appeared on Busted Open today and called out BodySlam for the rumors on Punk and Bryan and the trip to Chicago saying only he knows of any surprises... Whether that makes those false or not, we shall see I suppose.

Edited by Krone Meltzer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

Red Velvet's Final Slice is pretty nasty - possibly the best looking Overdriveplaymaker I ever saw. The step-up definitely helps.

But that’s another where it’ll miss more than hit. First one looked good, the second one looked very difficult.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

2 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Still unsure of how to properly embed a tweet, but here's one from SRS on Tony Khan saying he thinks he "underutilizes DQ and count out finishes"

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1420399161883512846

TK, please don't star throwing out finishes like that. Please.

Edit - Also, apparently he appeared on Busted Open today and called out BodySlam for the rumors on Punk and Bryan and the trip to Chicago saying only he knows of any surprises... Whether that makes those false or not, we shall see I suppose.

Copy and paste the link and when it asks, select "Paste as plain text instead"

I would like the same. I think shitty reffing is at the top of that list. I think I dislike Knox more than Red Shoes. At the very least, Knox sucks way more than Red Shoes. AEW's other ref that isn't Aubrey or Remsburg is also really bad.