DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUL 2021

The Natural

7 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Are there any specific Dark (or Elevation) Jungle Boy matches I should try and find on Youtube? I doubt his top matches from Dynamite or PPV's have found their way there for long enough for me to actually see them.

Check out the first match on the first episode of Elevation: Jungle Boy vs. Danny Limelight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Shartnado said:

Are there any specific Dark (or Elevation) Jungle Boy matches I should try and find on Youtube? I doubt his top matches from Dynamite or PPV's have found their way there for long enough for me to actually see them.

I actually came here to post that Jungle Boy's match with Angelico from last night's Elevation was really good and deserved to be on Dynamite.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Casey said:

I think they're about to pay off the fact that Cutler was a Dark Order creeper back in 2019 for a few shows. If I'm remembering right, didn't he (and Hangman) apply to join the Dark Order when it was just starting out? On Ethan Page's vlog, Alex Reynolds let it slip that the Dark Order is filming a "movie", so this is probably that.

I think Cutler was either 8 or 9 in a multi-man tag on one of the early Daily's Place Darks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

Speaking of Creepers, I fully expect a Creeper run in to take out attempted Elite interference in either the 10 man tag or world title match. Gonna be one of those nice multi year callback deals.

And the Creeper mysteriously moves like a fictional reptilian of US origin. A United States Serpent if you wheel.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

56 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I actually came here to post that Jungle Boy's match with Angelico from last night's Elevation was really good and deserved to be on Dynamite.

I agree. But I think they should keep Angelico from standing too close to Luchasaurus, they're practically the same height.

I felt like Tormenta and Shida started out strong, but their styles didn't really mesh as the match went on.

And Fuego was over like rover.

Actual Dark was only 50 minutes. So if you add that to 90 minutes of Elevation and 2 hours of Dynamite, that crowd got a pretty epic show. And it looks like more or less the whole crowd was there for all of it.

The best match was the 8 Man, Angels & Vance & Pillman & Garrison vs Kassidy & Quen & Caster & Bowens.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gorman said:

Check out the first match on the first episode of Elevation: Jungle Boy vs. Danny Limelight.

3 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

Excellent recommendations. @Shartnado, I'd also add vs Bear Bronson (Dark, May 29) and vs JD Drake (Dark Elevation, May 28)

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Actual Dark was only 50 minutes. So if you add that to 90 minutes of Elevation and 2 hours of Dynamite, that crowd got a pretty epic show. And it looks like more or less the whole crowd was there for all of it.

I skipped through Dark and Dark Elevation this week because I'm fairly busy, but it was great to hear even some of the under-carders and "enhancement talent" getting pops and reactions. I'm really hoping AEW gets at least a few months of Fort Worth style crowds who just seem to be into everything. 

I'm really looking forward to Dynamite tomorrow! As much for the crowd reactions as anything.

• Like 3

apparently Mark Henry got Max Caster an outside gig at TMZ to become a (somewhat) regular and will be appearing on there doing freestyle raps roasting everything from Hollywood to sports to wrestling. TMZ is fuckin' trash but good for Caster, get that money son.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So who’s coming out of The Acclaimed a star? Before they teamed I really liked Caster’s Honky Tonk Man thing he was doing(Which he still does mind you), but Bowens has really surprised me. He had the look, he has the in ring skills but now I think he might have the charisma to break out, and be a bigger star than Caster ultimately. Max will have to step up ring work to catch up to Anthony Bowens. He’s young so he still has a chance, I just don’t think he’ll ever be silky smooth in the ring. Maybe start stooging like Honky used to?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

It seems to me like a real New Age Outlaws situation where neither guy may have the ability to break out huge on their own but the whole is more than the sum of the parts. Bowens is the steak to Caster's sizzle and both are very important to the other. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Goodear said:

It seems to me like a real New Age Outlaws situation where neither guy may have the ability to break out huge on their own but the whole is more than the sum of the parts. Bowens is the steak to Caster's sizzle and both are very important to the other. 

In that example, you're saying Billy Gunn carried the in-ring while Road Dogg was the promo and charisma?  ?  I'll posit that the NAO was all sizzle, no steak, living off DX goodwill in a smoke and mirrors act.

• Like 1

Roaddogg was the charisma and the selling. Billy was the hot tag and had the bigger spots. The point was really that they needed each other more than they needed to split to pursue singles interests. They needed the complimentary pieces.

They were already super over before joining DX just as a reminder. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Infinit said:

I think Cutler was either 8 or 9 in a multi-man tag on one of the early Daily's Place Darks.

Having Cutler betray the Elite and join the DO would make some sense and would be a good way to get Omega eliminated via shenanigans if you want to protect him.

I think Max Caster is a lot better in-ring than Road Dogg.   Not like worldbeater, but very solid.

I do think Caster's ceiling though is being AEW's Miz, but that's a very good ceiling.

Edited by alstein

12 hours ago, The Natural said:

I feel like this is supposed to sell me on tuning into AEW tonight.  Just not sure how, unless the end of the Texas Death Match is somehow Lance Archer launching Tony Khan into orbit.

17 hours ago, Infinit said:

i forgot about that! i think they teased it on one episode of BTE and never mentioned it again. would be a great callback!

43 minutes ago, Eoae said:

I feel like this is supposed to sell me on tuning into AEW tonight.  Just not sure how, unless the end of the Texas Death Match is somehow Lance Archer launching Tony Khan into orbit.

We've all been teased too many times recently. Tony's a smart guy, he's seen how unsatisfied people are by the competition. He knows the only way that will satisfy people is if he stays up there and drifts endlessly into the void. 

Malachai Black stole Anthony Ogogo's gimmick. Cody will spend the whole year fueding with one-eyed Europeans. PCO is coming in, and he'll be pretending to be French-French, not French-Canadian.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3