DVDVR Message Board

Secret Santo in July

Ok @Gordberg

This probably hits a lot of marks for you. I think you'll like how Jon Anderson is used here for instance, and how thoroughly he gets into the act. It's just a random match but the comedy hits and it's full of absolute masters. It's just so fun to watch these guys interact with one another. And hey, it's less than 17 minutes!

• Thanks 1

Nice! I have never seen that Danielson vs Collyer match. Hopefully I will get the chance some day.

Strongman and Super Porky on the same team sounds amazing! Like something I'd book in Fire Pro to amuse myself. I am a huge fan of both of those men.

I love the challenge of trying to pick something interesting for you. I think I gave you Fujiwara in Osaka Pro last time. Here's a nasty little gem: Fujiwara in Kana Pro. Teaming with Syuri. Against Kana and MiSu. 

A word of warning: Nobody holds back on hitting anyone here. I'm not kidding about this being nasty.

Edited by Gordberg
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

Ok @Gordberg

This probably hits a lot of marks for you. I think you'll like how Jon Anderson is used here for instance, and how thoroughly he gets into the act. It's just a random match but the comedy hits and it's full of absolute masters. It's just so fun to watch these guys interact with one another. And hey, it's less than 17 minutes!

@Spontaneous I hope the surgery went well and your wife recovers quickly.

Good Lord the match that @Matt D gave me here is amazing. It's all built around Strong Man being hilariously muscular and Plata being genuinely Super-Duper Porky.

Jon Andersen is a pretty impressive guy: Bodybuilder, strength athlete, wrestler, and legendary prog rock musician and singer...

He is so muscular that it is just stupid. Like if you somehow combined Big Poppa Pump and Brian Cage's muscle and packed all of it onto a single 6-foot T-800 frame. Literally 300-plus pounds without a trace of visible body fat.

Porky here looks like he's wearing the Fat Bastard prosthetics from the Austin Powers movies on top of his usual bulk. Almost impossibly large.

It kind of imparts a sense of wonder about the range and diversity of pro wrestler body types to look at those two standing side by side and ponder them being part of the same tradition. (I also felt that way looking at Akebono and Yinling the Erotic Terrorist a couple of weeks back).

The other men in the match are Héctor Garza (teaming with Strong Man and Brazo de Plata) , Atlantis, Negro Casas, and Último Guerrero. Which, wow. As Matt put it: Absolute masters. And they all do one or two neato little things, but they are really just high-quality filler around the spectacle of the ridiculously massive muscle beast and his friend the elephantine behemoth.  

When Atlantis, Casas, and Ultimo Guerrero came out, Guerrero hugged and posed for pictures with a cute little girl and I kinda got my hopes up that Los Guerreros de la Atlantida might be working face but of course they were the heels here. That was mildly disappointing because and only because I was kind of hoping to see Héctor Garza's heel act, which is wildly entertaining. Garza got almost as big a pop as Andersen when he ripped his shirt off, so he was still entertaining working as a technico.

The rudos took the first fall when Guerrero and Casas pulled of the impressive feat of double-suplexing Plata, after which Porky was like a turtle stuck on his back, and after that Casas casually stepped on Porky's belly as he walked around celebrating the pinfall. That's what I mean when I say the match was built around the extreme physical dimensions of two of the participants, with the absolute masters doing cool little things in the margins.

Another cool spot was when it took all three rudos to Irish whip Strong Man out of the corner, but he managed to get a reversal on all three of them. Andersen isn't a particularly good pro wrestler in the traditional sense. His selling and facial expressions are somehow both operatic and cartoonish, for example. But I very much enjoy him every time I see him in the ring. He both looks and works like an over the top parody of how a big man wrestler "should" look and work. And I mean that as a genuine compliment.

In the end, good guy Garza managed to get all of the bad guys lined up side by side, supine, on the mat. He tried to pin them all, but wass easily tossed off. They repeated that gag. Then Strong Man kind of chucked Super Porky onto Los Guerreros de la Atlantida and there was no way out of that predicament for the bad guys.

Simple, effective, and wildly entertaining.

I'm sad that this is over already. It's been a blast. 

Thanks, Matt!

Edited by Gordberg
  • Thanks 2

@twiztor

Bloody brawls? 2000s-current indies? Double check. And CM Punk has been in the news lately, so it's timely.

This was probably the last time Raven was worth a fuck in the ring (2003ish), and it's also a bit weird since I believe Raven and Punk were stablemates in TNA at the time, but over here in this other promotion, they were having a really heated feud. Raven was a favorite of mine when I discovered ECW on TNN, and Punk was the guy who brought me back into wrestling after the Benoit stuff, so... those two things, plus your two blindspots I singled out = my pick, and I think it's a really fun match too.

If you've seen this, then I'll nominate Necro Butcher vs Samoa Joe at IWA Mid-South since it covers both points that I mentioned at the beginning. Or watch both if you want!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

@SirSmellingtonofCascadiablindspots/preferences? Anything but deathmatches for me

Gimme a tag match, but not from All Japan, WCW, or WWF/E. 

And I'm handing you a tag match right back, @Jimbo_Tsuruta, with two teams that I'm very fond of.

Edited by SirSmellingtonofCascadia

3 hours ago, Morganti said:

How about Road Warriors v Midnight Express

Dennis Condrey was the glue to that match. The hype was on the Warriors, Bobby was backup, and the heat was on Loverboy. Cornette did a good job of playing backup and got a good pop out of Baby Doll hitting him at the end, but otherwise it was all Condrey. And the crowd ate it up, as they rightfully should, with the fucking Road Warriors walking up with their gear looking like it's gonna take out an eye to "Iron Man". You could probably slot anybody in there against them and still get a response but having Dennis be evasive and squirmy is what makes it really work. Another cool thing is this wasn't an MX match where they had to work hard, they could just go in and be over on name value because Hawk and Animal were who they were, so no need for double teams or excessive moves, Bobby could stall and Dennis could stall and they could have a fine match with everybody having a cold beer afterward, no questions raised. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 10:38 AM, Gordberg said:

I think this match is a nice counterpart to the one you gave me. Almost minimalist compared to what you might expect from an Onita FMW match. Stiff as hell. I think it's less than 15 minutes bell to bell, as well. 

Atsushi Onita vs. Tarzan Goto No DQ Match  FMW 2/26/91

I'm glad I watched this when I did. I saw Drew Parker vs Alex Colon from GCW prior to this and it's shitty finish left a bad taste in my mouth that Onita washed out. I probably should regret typing that. Anyways, Colon is such a badass that he has to kick out of a barb wire light tube swanton bomb and then pass out to a wimpy looking choke. Wow, so cool and such fighting spirit there, you are so cool and awesome Alex. Meanwhile Onita here elicits more sympathy through the beating Goto dishes out that the crowd roars when he hits a DDT through a table in the crowd, effectively turning the tide in the match. When Goto can barely survive a power bomb they know the end is near and get loud. Onita hoists him up for a second and definitive folding power bomb that barely keeps Goto down for the three. You want to see a rematch here because it felt like Onita endured long enough to land a big move and get the momentum on his side. Meanwhile a death match between two death match champions, gotta make Alex long strong in defeat because I guess no one would want to watch again if he didn't or if they didn't nail every cliche. Big thanks to @Gordbergfor the pick, sorry I'm late. It helped me relax after a stressful week. Much appreciated.

@Super Ape, I'll leave this fun no crowd match from Gleat here for you. The video is long, the match between Issei Onitsuka and Shinjiro Otani is actually only about a third of the video. Enjoy some stiff blows between the two.

• Like 1

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
On 7/25/2021 at 10:42 AM, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

High Flyers v Martel & Santana

A great face v face match from one of my favourite territories. Martel and Santana really crank the headlocks at the start against both Gagne and Brunzell without coming across as prickish challengers. This is just good, stiff competition. Crisp armdrags and headlock takedowns keep things moving. Greg hangs tough and is able to get a headscissors before breaking loose from another hold to tag in Jim.

Rick is ready for Brunzell with two armdrags and a headlock takedown. He looks a million bucks in there. Jim is making life difficult just like his partner, so Martel tags out to Tito who takes over with not quite as much oomph, but he does roll Jim up for a two count. Still not a glimmer of frustration from either team, everyone is just laser focused on the task at hand.

We come back from the break with Brunzell getting the better of Santana. Gagne tags flies off the second rope and nails Tito before going for the Indian deathlock and anklelock. Not the most devastating looking tbh and Santana was pretty close to the ropes without grabbing them, but that’s a minor nitpick and it is face v face after all. Jim takes over and applies a snugger leglock but Tito is able to get to the ropes this time. Brunzell is back on him quickly, but Santana kicks his opponent off as Jim goes for a figure four.

Tito tags out and Martel is back in the fray with more fire in his belly. He unloads a few strikes to Brunzell’s back and slams him to the mat but can only get a two count. Then Rick tries a backbreaker and hurts his own knee in the process – his circuits are scrambled because instead of tagging out he writhes on the mat in pain. However, Martel tags out just before Brunzell can, only for Santana to miss with a dropkick which he launches himself into. Great! Gagne goes after the knee but nearly pays the price as he is rolled up for a two count. Rick is tagged in again and goes to work on Greg with a couple of Irish whips and a snapmare. Martel lands a hefty elbow on Gagne but can only get the two count. Greg survives a sidebreaker, a backslide pin attempt and a bodyslam. Rick has had enough and tags in Tito. Santana flattens Gagne with a crossbody. He can’t put the champ away after a dropkick and a slam.

As Tito goes for another slam, Greg slips out and tries to lock in a sleeper. Santana breaks it with a snapmare but Gagne tags out while he is lifted up for an inverted atomic drop. Brunzell finishes things off with a crushing dropkick as Tito turns.

The Flyers come out of this looking tough as old boots and M&S look the slickest team in town. Thanks @SirSmellingtonofCascadia

On 7/25/2021 at 1:04 AM, Curt McGirt said:

I'm not checking but I think I've used that one. So, here's this. 

A taste from Phil's book, I believe. The screencap probably says it all. 

El Hijo Del Santo vs La Parka

First things first, this is my first El Hijo Del Santo match ever.  Lucha in general is a blind spot of mine.  MY primary exposure to them was via WCW crusierweight action back during the monday night wars.

All regional forms of wrestling have an underlying theme.  It was written on this board someplace that lucha is all about manliness.  Let us see how manly our stars can be.

We start off hot and heavy with El Hijo teeing the fuck off on La Parka.  There is some obvious hate being displayed here.  Like the amount of hate being shown usually only comes up when one dude stole money and the wife AND the mistress.  They brawl to the floor, Parka eats a post shot and is sellin and stumbling generally making El Hijo look like a world beater.  They get back in the ring and there are 2 refs, that shit means it must be serious business.

El Hijo breaks out the RUDO tactics and teases stripping the hood before BOTH refs are like dude, it was just your money and the mistress not the wife..

Santo's second trips up La Parka after a weird exchange but then the second get scolded and is like "hey man i did what you asked why you yellin at me?"  It looks like some dissention in the faction and then Santo kicks La Parka in the laps of the front row.  La Parka has yet to get any offense in, and The son of the saint hits a diving sholder block and a camel clutch for the first fall.

La Parka' mask is torn.  El Hijo del Santo is actin like the rudo in this match and just anger and hate and beating the shit out of LA Parka... Another awesome post shot to the face of La Parka and then the Ref is out to fuss a little like dude.  get it back in the ring!

Post shot 3 and 4 follow and the crowd is very polite and a submission attempt and LA Parka still has gotten no offence in.  He looks like he has no machismo in this match.  Headbutt and submission attemp for more wearing down of the skelleton.  an ugly lariat and some more ground and pound and then some BITING!

Everything About this makes LA Parka look like a chump without context.  But its only the 2nd fall.  La Parka is defending his mask but still getting no offense.  The he gets crushed by a tope into the first 3 rows of seats.
 Santo tosses his back in the ring and climbs to the top... La Parka counters and stomps the shit out of Santo, finally getting some offence in about 10 miuntes.  It is the approprately violent response the the ass kicking he has been taking up to this point.  Just tossing him into the ring post and the stands and you can feel the "I didn't sleep with the wife OR mistress you dumb bitch, it was obviously your sister and her girlfriend" levels of return hateredd as they brawl outside the ring.

The Paint bucket introduced and used ruthelessly to pound a now BLOODY El Hijo del Santo, who's mask is ripped to expose the cut and since both guys are in white and silver the crimson it obvious and vibrant and dripping everywhere and your inner vampire is very happy.

La Parka repays that 10 minute asswhoppin with intrest and early payments because now Santo is the one lookin like he slept with La Parka's mom, sister, and wife and is paying for it in blood.  La Parka bites the cut then hits a snazzy suplex in the ring  before a back brain kick and locks in the surfboard that gets countered, and the counter also gets countered before a BIG body slam.  

Blood is literally all over the ring.

Both refs count a pin fall, but Santo kicks out at 2.  Top rope rana gets the 3 for fall #2 an we are all tied up but one of the competitors is bleeding, the other is covered and we go into fall #3

La Parka looks like he just butchered a cowm and drags Santo out to the edge of the ring, hangs him by the ankles, and slams his face into the apron skirt a few times to make the blood really flow.  Commercial break interrupts the match flow but you can graps what happens as La Parka is forearming Santo's kidneys, then tossing him crorner to corner and the crowd is finally starting to cheer for Santo
who makes his combacks with a nice headscissors and then a bloody tope through the corner.  

The refs are counting and the seconds are encouraging Santo to get back in the ring who does, followed by La Parka diving in to JUST beat the count.  Santo tries for the Rana into the pin fall and gets 2.  Victory roll gets another 2 count.  Santo is going into his technical bag but La Parka hits a nice drop kick and tope himself and the blood is literally running down Santo's body like a red river.

El Santo sneaks in and locks in a submission holding on to the mask, then another that gets countered and we are still in a more technical bag.  Surfboard attempt number 2 turns in to a pinfall attempt that only gets 2.

The interesting thing is both dudes trying things they tried in earlier falls..

El Santo dropkicks La Parka to the floor, climbs to the top rope and dives.  Very basic but considering he looks to have lost a pint its obvious that these guys are digging deep to try and put the other away.

They trade pin falls which work as psuedo rest holds as they both exert as little energy as possible with the kick outs and attempts to wear each other down

La Parka runs shoulder first into the post, then they fight on the top rope for somethin... and double crotch each other!

In a battle of manliness hurting your nugs brings you both back to normal.  one of the refs rolls Santo onto La Parka to the shock of the crowd but only gets 2.  Some roll ups get traded and the front of La Parka's gear is basically transparent red.  One ref gets bumped, nut shot, count, bumped ref recovers arm drags the other ref, counts to 3 and makes Santo think he won but no!
He Saw the Foul!  Santo is pissed and now we have a full on donny brook. 

Santo's henchmen beat up La Parka and his second while Santo runs away, proving that he isn't as manly as La Parka because he needed to kick another man in the jimmy junk.

I still don't understand lucha, but I do understand blood and hate and vile villany.

And this match had lots of it even with a confusing Rudo/Technico structure.

I kinda wanna know the backstory of this feud.

Thanks Curt~

• Like 1

@Casey 

sorry about being late with this, it's been a rough few days. will watch your selection as soon as i can. i love me some bloody brawls!

this isn't WWF, this isn't Joshi, this. is. AWA!  in a rematch from their SuperClash II match, Sherri Martel defends her Women's Title against Madusa Micelli.

• Thanks 1

On 7/24/2021 at 11:24 AM, Gordberg said:

Nice! I have never seen that Danielson vs Collyer match. Hopefully I will get the chance some day.

Strongman and Super Porky on the same team sounds amazing! Like something I'd book in Fire Pro to amuse myself. I am a huge fan of both of those men.

I love the challenge of trying to pick something interesting for you. I think I gave you Fujiwara in Osaka Pro last time. Here's a nasty little gem: Fujiwara in Kana Pro. Teaming with Syuri. Against Kana and MiSu. 

A word of warning: Nobody holds back on hitting anyone here. I'm not kidding about this being nasty.

I have a lot of thoughts just in general.

First and foremost, Gordi, I'm glad you liked the match. I'm doubly glad that I gave you a Porky match this week, even if it's bittersweet. I feel good that i was able to pick a match, completely independent of what I couldn't have known that would happen, of all the matches in history, that I thought my friend would enjoy, and that he was in it. And that it was enjoyed. That's the best sort of tribute I can think of.

As for Hector Garza, I agree with you but most of his 2010 work isn't online anymore, or if it is, it's more broken up. I think he, at his best as a craven heel, was just as good as Eddy at his best. And I love almost all of his matches against Strongman after he turns on him. What an amazing foil for people!

Now then, on to Fujiwara and Syuri vs Kana and Suzuki. I did know this match existed but I think I thought it was more of a Hustlesque comedy affair. It is not! I'm not actually sure I can do it justice but let me say this: There are only so many stories to tell in pro wrestling. A lot of what we do as fans or critics or whatever is to examine the variations in how these stories are told. This, however, was a completely novel story. Or at least, it was a canvass where they were painting a number of different and novel stories. There was something almost fatherly or grandfatherly in the way Fujiwara interacted with Syuri, supporting her at times, showing disappointment or violent tough love encouragement to get her going later, letting her get beat on early and saving her later on. Suzuki, on the other hand, came off as a sort of bastard brother, just unforgiving and unrelenting and unfeeling. While there is a lot of Kana vs Syuri, Kana vs Fujiwara, and Syuri vs Suzuki, there's almost no Fujiwara vs Suzuki, which had to be intentional. It makes sure that the women are the stars and the men are there to act as supporting players and to drive them forward. They're supporting characters in Kana and Syuri's story and that story continues on even after the match with the mist.

I didn't have a problem with the violence, not any more than I would have in watching Black Widow. I tend to see wrestling as spectacle and storytelling as opposed to sport, but I could have done without Fujiwara's kiss on Kana. It spoke to the complexity of him. He wasn't any sort of babyface. He was an entity, a grumpy old man, irascible and dangerous, one that would take liberties that society would just tsk and shake their heads at and laugh off, noble and nurturing and damaging and toxic, even when he had the best of intentions, able to bestow great wisdom and experience and technique, but at a price, and one that would likely be paid differently by a young man than a young woman.

It was The Next Karate Kid if Miyagi slapped Hillary Swank to inspire her and Suzuki would sweep your face repeatedly with his open hand instead of sweeping your leg. Maybe evil clown make-up instead of skeletons? I don't know. I came out of it feeling like there were so many untapped stories that they still had to tell.

Gordi, thanks for this. 

Edited by Matt D
  • Thanks 1

Son of Santo and Eddy Guerrero vs Blue Panther and Negro Casas

I didn't expect the match to start with extended matwork into a stalemate, but I did enjoy it. I thought there was enough of a sense of struggle and competition in the work, and it came off like Eddy and Panther had a lot of respect for one another, like they decided to start out cautiously lest they get caught out for an early pinfall. 

The Casas/Santo sequence that follows isn't as good, and I think that's because when they pick the action up, it's a bit too loose and contrived-feeling for me to get into. They stalemate, too. 

So, this has set up that the teams are competitive, but the sequence after that doesn't quite land for me. It ends in a double-pin for Santo and Guerrero, but except for the springboard rana, I guess you'd call it, that is pretty cool, the actual work doesn't land with me. It doesn't feel convincing, maybe, or there's something about the flow that throws me off? 

In fact, I can sum up my thoughts without giving much more PBP of the upcoming falls: This match is at its best when Eddy's on the mat, but it's also quite good when two guys are working a mat sequence in general. When the pace picks up, or when all four men are in the ring, there's the odd neat-looking spot in the middle of a bunch of work that doesn't land for me, that is either loose or a bit too contrived. It's interesting because I did enjoy this match. The finishing run for the final fall is interesting too because it feels like dudes just doing spots and then laying around until their next spot, very reminiscent of a WWE multi-man match to me, but Eddy has a sweet dive and Son of Santo hits a nice diving headbutt. I think that I liked this overall and I enjoyed seeing very young Eddy - he was always very good, I suppose - but I would say that the match was better the more grounded it was. 

On 7/26/2021 at 11:23 PM, Zimbra said:

@moribund

Kawada & Fuchi vs Fujiwara & Kikuchi.  It's a bit rushed but with these four you know it's good.

Thanks for this @Zimbra, your assessment is spot on.

PROS:

I'm not even entirely sure where to begin with this one there's so much cool stuff, so how about this: Looking at the four guys involved my first thought was "Kikuchi is eating the fall. Okay, maybe Fuchi, but c'mon..." Now I was right but you know what was awesome? Kikuchi never once performed as if he was the obvious low man. Kawada chops the snot out of him the first time the two of them are in the ring together and Kikuchi is all, "Nah, I don't think I'll be intimidated today - I think I'll elbow you in the neck instead." It's very cool.

Surly old dudes who mock one another before trying to make each other's joints bend the wrong way are fantastic, so Fujiwara and Fuchi provide an embarrassment of riches on that count.

Speaking of surly, Fujiwara's repeated demands for Kawada to join him in the ring only to immediately tag out just as Kawada finally gets in and the crowd goes nuts was such championship level trolling that I can't actually do it justice with words *chef's kiss.*

Fuchi spends every moment locked up with Fujiwara doing something: Advancing a hold, looking for a counter or escape, etc. It's the sort of thing we don't get to see nearly enough of these days and it's a real treat.

CONS:

I have to really start picking at the nits to come up with something negative about this. Umm - Fujiwara kind of lays in a hold early on for, like, 15 seconds.

Other con: I have not watched nearly enough Fujiwara, but that's on me not the match.

Is this a match that is going to be rated as an all-time AJPW classic? Not even close, but if I was at this show and this was the last match before intermission? I would be totally happy with it. It's 12-ish minutes of perfectly acceptable puro, and sometimes it's great just to be able to enjoy that sort of thing. Give it a watch, you'll likely be glad you did.

Thanks again @Zimbra

• Like 1

I'll get my review up tonight for @twiztor's pick. I've had a rough week at work, but I'm off for the next three days so I've got time tonight. I'll edit this post when I get to it tonight. I'm still in, but I do work 4pm to 2am during the week so my viewing time for this stuff is really limited to the weekends.

On 7/27/2021 at 7:05 AM, twiztor said:

@Casey 

sorry about being late with this, it's been a rough few days. will watch your selection as soon as i can. i love me some bloody brawls!

this isn't WWF, this isn't Joshi, this. is. AWA!  in a rematch from their SuperClash II match, Sherri Martel defends her Women's Title against Madusa Micelli.

I've never seen Sherri Martel wrestle, so this'll be interesting. Not a huge fan of Medusa/Alundra Blayze, but I suppose the entire point of this is to be open minded. This is so 80s that it hurts, holy shit.

Medusa started the match with a nice shove/throw, but they kind of do the sloppy/awkward wrestling that gives me early Divas era vibes. As soon as I typed that out though, Medusa has a nasty looking armbar type move on Sherri, then Sherri counters with a nice legscissors around Medusa's neck. SHERRI SUCKS chants from, what sounds like, a bunch of women. Interesting crowd makeup here. Medusa does a legdrop on the outstretched arm of Sherri - I liked that, it's usually a stomp or a kneedrop. Is this like the early days of Medusa's career? She botched a kickout attempt towards the end of the match, the ref had to blatantly stop the count for a second before she finally kicked out. Commentary called a lowblow from Sherri to Medusa a headbutt, lol. TV time limit actually coming into play and it's a draw between these two.

Commentary kind of treats this as a novelty match, talking about their bodies and making comments like "you're not supposed to kick a woman anywhere!". And one of the guy is just clearly having way too much fun saying Medusa's last name.

This was... something. Women's wrestling in the United States has always been a weird thing for me to watch. If you had Kelly Kelly and Eve Torres or whoever do this same exact match, move for move, on a RAW from like 2011 and it wouldn't look out of place. That probably speaks to how little the major companies valued women's wrestling up until fairly recently.

The thing that sticks out the most for me is: A) Medusa was garbage here, and she clearly got better as the years went on B) I didn't know Sherri was a wrestler, and if this was anything to go by... yeesh. And she was the Women's champion?!?! and... C) Medusa's snug looking armbar/armwrench/whatever on Sherri, and the legdrop to the arm instead of what we usually see from that spot.

Why is Mean Gene on AWA programming in the late 80s? Wasn't he still in the WWF at that point? I wasn't even born yet when this happened, so I don't fuckin' know. AWA is weird shit, man.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Matt D said:

Anyone else out for this week or want to hop on? We’ve got maybe two weeks left. I’ll roll tomorrow morning.

count me out going forward. this last week was a brutal one and next week isn't shaping ip to be any better. it's been fun, and i'll get @Casey's pick watched sooner or later, but i gotta bow out.

edit:

@Caseythe SuperClash match is definitely better, but i assumed you had seen that. it's also on youtube if you want to check it out. yeah, this is very early in Madusa's career. Sheri's in-ring career is very spotty as she bounces between territories and roles a lot. they actually teased this match as happening in very early ECW (didn't happen) which is another weird novelty.

Edited by twiztor
  • Like 2

Week 5

@SirSmellingtonofCascadia
@moribund

@Spontaneous
@Zimbra

Matt D
  @Super Ape

@Casey
@Curt McGirt

@Morganti
@Jimbo_Tsuruta

@Super Ape, I think you're a little behind on things, so you're with me this week. Make sure to catch up and give everyone matches if you've missed it. And just get to the matches people have given you when you can.