DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Imagery.

35 minutes ago, Control said:

I guess I’m ignorant, since I don’t know why Baba would be untrustworthy.

Yeah, I've always heard of Baba being a pretty straight shooter

30 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Yeah, I've always heard of Baba being a pretty straight shooter

Yeah, I'm guessing that Rip had a bad personal experience with Baba that we are not aware of, or he indeed mistook Baba for Inoki.

31 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

Yeah, I'm guessing that Rip had a bad personal experience with Baba that we are not aware of, or he indeed mistook Baba for Inoki.

I've met Rip before.  No joke, the dude has a near photographic memory.  I mentioned Poffo's ICW had run a show at my high school in like 1982 and he rattled off the card.  I'd think he knows that's Baba, but it's possible he brain farted on that tweet.

Just now, Log said:

I've met Rip before.  No joke, the dude has a near photographic memory.  I mentioned Poffo's ICW had run a show at my high school in like 1982 and he rattled off the card.  I'd think he knows that's Baba, but it's possible he brain farted on that tweet.

I think people's mileage varied.  I know the story with the can-ams was that they said baba word was always good until it wasn't where furnas and lafon were promised a push up to the double titles and when that didn't materialize they left.  I seem to recall Dory Funk having some sort of fall out too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

I sense there isn't any enhancement talent work in Drake's future.

E7ZlPorWYAQ4sSd?format=jpg&name=medium

I'm getting tired of having this same discussion over and over.  WWE is not forcing anyone to get vaccinated.  They are laying out a set of legal health protocols that have to be met.  If you don't want to meet them, you don't work for WWE.  The choice is still yours.

I feel like people must believe there's a constitutional amendment  that guarantees you employment even if you refuse to follow the rules your employer sets for you.  There's not.  If you don't want to adhere to your employer's standards, you're choosing not to work there.  It still comes down to you making a choice.  When did we forget that decisions have consequences?

My employer asks quite a few things of me.  Some directly work-related (get work done), some less directly related.  I'm expected to wear a suit and tie when I'm out of the office meeting with clients or when clients are in the office (this basically means every day since even if I'm not meeting with clients in the bldg, other people probably are and the firm doesn't want me wandering the halls in flip-flops and shorts).   I can choose not to dress professionally, if I so desire, but that basically equates to choosing to quit or be fired, so..... If I don't want to wear a suit every day, I should be considering a career change.

I wonder if Drake thinks WWE is forcing is employees to wear pants/trunks in the ring?  Maybe he's a closet anti-pantser too.

Edited by Eoae
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I wish we could trick people to get the shot somehow. Maybe offer free blow jobs?

Well, ok I guess.  I’m in if y’all think it’ll help.  I’ve never done it before so I can’t promise quality.

That wasn’t your actual plan… was it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I wish we could trick people to get the shot somehow. Maybe offer free blow jobs?

Local governments offered money and, an one case of knowing exactly who your audience is, guns and trucks.  Didn’t work.  

6 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Local governments offered money and, an one case of knowing exactly who your audience is, guns and trucks.  Didn’t work.  

Wow, in that case it just won't work. Unless upping the ante to fully automated guns and MONSTER trucks with a case of Budweiser, a cooler filled with Coors light and huge bottle of Jack Daniels somehow would? On the other hand, with a deal like that, even I would get suspicious.

• Like 1