DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Imagery.

4 hours ago, Custos said:

She must be on the list of current wrestlers with the most cool and varied gear. She always seems to have something different and has already created some iconic looks like the ‘Mexican flag’ with the blood over the skull white and emerald green in the unsanctioned match.

E6iy8AzWEAAIdvm?format=jpg&name=large

Ewu0yN4W8AEa732?format=jpg&name=large

dbb7bad72b7c81f21adcb3a9ca3b2a84.jpg?nii

• Like 7

There was a Texas metal band called REO Speedealer. They got slapped with a cease & desist in 1998, then shortened their name to Speedealer. I'm not sure if they're still together.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There was a Texas metal band called REO Speedealer. They got slapped with a cease & desist in 1998, then shortened their name to Speedealer. I'm not sure if they're still together.

Somebody posts as exactly that on Wrestling Classics, or at least they still did a while back. I wonder if that is just a fan of the said band, or an actual member? Or someone who just came up with the same joke on their own?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

214049781_4166605100053075_5624158815844

When Jesse would name drop the bands he partied with he would always mention the lesser known members to make it more believable. He’d never say I partied with Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, he’d say “I partied with my good friends Bill Wyman, Charlie Watts and the rest of the Stones.” 

Edited by Mister TV
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Oh. My. God. 

218848252_3255665014700690_4845909609595

Might be the only match that could get McGregor over as a babyface with me.

Edit: Also, are the Hulk Hogan baggy pants photos real or photoshopped?

Edited by Eoae

11 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

214049781_4166605100053075_5624158815844

I heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from another Jesse's been messin' around.

I was probably barely 10 when they were in their heyday so I wouldn't know, but was REO Speedwagon the kind of hard partying band you'd namedrop for this kind of thing?  Like when I hear "Keep on Lovin' You," I don't think, "I bet these guys were wild on the road back in the day."  Then again, it's always the quiet ones you need to look out for.  I hear Air Supply left a trail of rich dealers and dead hookers coast to coast, for example.

Edited by Technico Support

I didn’t grow up with REO, so who knows? This is a weird comparison, but look at U2. When I was growing up I thought they were lame as hell mainstream pop rock group, still people really liked them. And while they are artsy fartsy, they are also very salacious partiers in the socialite scene.Stones also became a very lame pop rock group during that time too and hung out in the same circles as U2.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

I watched a David Crosby documentary yesterday. CSN(Y) was some of the airiest folk rock imaginable but that dude was wanted by the FBI for drug and weapons related crimes and a deranged junkie for years.

Now concerning REO... I dunno. We do have this in town here in Champaign, though: 

Honorary street sign for REO Speedwagon, a Champaign-based band! |  Centennial high school, Washington elementary school, Champaign

Does that count for anything? 

• Like 1