DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Imagery.

That might actually be the main event of the LA Colosseum show. I’m super interested how that event will look. The seating map makes it look like they’ve setup the ring in front of the torch outside near the steps.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

These trucks didn't really drive anywhere for over a year, but they never bothered to put new graphics on them. 

Although technically it's plugging the Network, and you can watch AEW Wrestler Chris Jericho on there, so... should have put a Peacock logo on there, at least.

• Like 1

I still can’t believe they blatantly marketed that thing to young teens in the 90’s. Didn’t stick here, but it got over with the Japanese.

Watching old Japanese wrestling shows has introduced me to a lot of ads for some of the most gimmicky alcoholic beverages ever. Stuff that probably doesn’t exist anymore. Like the beer you tap at the bottom to get a good head/fizz. Very weird that Zima of all things stuck around. Probably a good sign of the quality of the drink over there that it outlasted so many other defunct products.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

5 minutes ago, The Natural said:

For a time, I thought Zima was water. @Gordberg was after these. Any luck bud?

No, sadly. I had a pretty good look around, too. You can buy Zima in drug stores, supermarkets, convenience stores... but none of those places, locally, had the high fly lemon. I even took a quick look in a couple of places in Osaka and Kyoto when I went there for work. Nothing. My buddy Rod, who lives in the Tokyo area, got some. I'm assuming it was only available in that region. ?

• Sad 2

Cheri Bibi & Eric Husberg vs Giacomi Gugliemetti & Philippe Crapez

Very cool exchange here with Crapez rolling through for the backbreaker. I haven't seen that before in this footage. It's not like Bibi was a small guy either.

VvAKYv.gif

Here he hits a nice standing dropkick and then misses the next but look at Husberg preen to get heat:

r28nJ4.gif

• Like 6

I swear I saw Zima here a couple years back at a Friar Tuck's. Their marketing worked on us as kids; I knew a guy who drank 'em with Jolly Ranchers dropped into the bottle. 

The Baron is one of those guys who is 80 now and ALWAYS looked maybe 60 tops.