DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Imagery.

6 hours ago, caley said:

It boggles the mind that they don't. You could even do a female NWO with Nash a godfather-esque role (Note: Not like the wrestler The Godfather...that would be unfortunate...but funny). Same thing with a few of their other WWE/WCW stables: Nexus, DX, heck you could even bring Flair back to manage a new Horsemen (REALLY tick off AEW who want to use it soooo badly). Doesn't have to be a real long-term thing just an excuse to sell the t-shirts.

6 hours ago, Matt D said:

It’s because Vince didn’t create it.

You say this, but what teams/factions has WWE actually reused? Its not the norm in general let alone their norm.

50 minutes ago, Morganti said:

DX.  Repeatedly.  To a lesser extent the Hart foundation.  The brothers of destruction came and went off and on as well. 

New Rockers, New Blackjacks, New MX. Admittedly, most if not all  were designed to fail. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Morganti said:

DX.  Repeatedly.  To a lesser extent the Hart foundation.  The brothers of destruction came and went off and on as well. 

When I say reuse I don't mean guys reforming their old teams. I mean passing on the name like a franchise.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

New Rockers, New Blackjacks, New MX. Admittedly, most if not all  were designed to fail. 

Stuff like this is what I'm thinking of and it hasn't happened all that much. 

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

It’s an interesting thought in general. They bring back the Million Dollar Belt once every ten years.

Its easier to sell a prop like the Million Dollar belt than try to revive a decade old faction with completely new members.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Imagine if they had just made Evolution in the New Horsemen. 

It would have been even more hated and shat on than it was.

Y'all wishing they would bring back the nWo better not be the same folks hating on the Elite in AEW.

Besides, the nWo gimmick started out as an "invasion". Who's going to invade the WWE these days? More to the point, who would they allow to get one over on them? They had an entire company to work with after buying WCW and couldn't get it to work.

Nexus started out promising. We all saw where that went.

16 hours ago, Happ Hazzard said:

1994 Courtroom drawing depicting Vince McMahon and Hulk Hogan:

knHn0WB.jpg

Except for Vince, who been drawn in a bit different style as the rest of them, this reminds me quite a bit of some parody from a MAD-magazine.

• Like 1