DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Imagery.

On 6/30/2021 at 9:28 PM, The Natural said:

R621b4c00995bdccb3cfd0b046407ff5b?rik=Zb

Scary to say Money in the Bank 2011 turns ten this month! One of the best wrestling shows ever headlined by John Cena vs. CM Punk. One of the few shows I bought on DVD such was my enjoyment watching the show live.

This show happened the day before my birthday, I remember going over to a friend's to watch the PPV like we always did, all of us losing our shit when Punk won and ran off with the title. Then two days later flying out to San Diego to go to ComiCon and losing my shit again going to the WWE panel and seeing CM Punk "invade" It was the most exciting time for me to be a wrestling fan since I was a kid. Shame about Del Rio and Diesel though...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Casey said:

SP2xZq8.jpeg

This is my favorite of Hangman's lower-thirds, I think. And here is all of them, since they started doing them up until a week ago (I believe). Safe to say this is one of my favorite (little) things in wrestling currently.

Alcoholism runs in my family and because of that I don't drink so I really felt the "days sober" one with Kenny when that first happened.  I think it's missing one though, one of the episodes around Christmas it say something like "I don't know, make it say Hap-Yee Haw-lidays or something like that."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One of my quarantine projects was to entirely catalog my DVD collection. The going has been slow, especially once I hit the sets of television. At any rate, I'm currently working on a big set of World Class shows. I had forgotten how much I liked Iceman Parsons as a kid. He's not a revelation or anything, but he's still pretty damn good with 2021 eyes...

Spoiler

Iceman King Parsons | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• Like 6

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
1 minute ago, notoriusvig said:

Just shoot the god damned action. You got one job, Dunn.

To paraphrase Terry Funk, "Kevin Dunn is a jackass. He's a lover of cheapness."

1 hour ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

When you need a bloody brawl, who you gonna call? SHEEPHERDERS!

Wrestling Culture: A History of Herding and Whacking – Place to Be Nation

I just read this part of Bret Hart's book where he talks about them

'"Jake [Roberts] finally decided to come back to work in May, on the Kiwis' last day. They rode in his car with him and when they passed us in the car us in the van both Crazy Nick and Sweet William had their butt cheeks pressed to the side windows: a full moon in broad daylight. Not to be outdone, we passed them a few minutes later with a wide assortment of big hairy asses stuck to the van windows.  Several miles later, Jake overtook us again.  This time the trunk popped open and there was Crazy Nick bent over on his knees, with Sweet William pretending to shag him from behind.  The crazy Kiwis made wrestling fun, and I was sorry to see them go."

Edited by caley
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, caley said:

'"Jake [Roberts] finally decided to come back to work in May, on the Kiwis' last day. They rode in his car with him and when they passed us in the car us in the van both Crazy Nick and Sweet William had their butt cheeks pressed to the side windows: a full moon in broad daylight. Not to be outdone, we passed them a few minutes later with a wide assortment of big hairy asses stuck to the van windows.  Several miles later, Jake overtook us again.  This time the trunk popped open and there was Crazy Nick bent over on his knees, with Sweet William pretending to shag him from behind.  The crazy Kiwis made wrestling fun, and I was sorry to see them go."

I can't be the only one wondering how big that trunk had to be to pull that one off.

Also, hanging out of an open car trunk pantomiming sex seems like a car accident waiting to happen.  If nothing else, I'm assuming the open trunk lid was blocking the driver from seeing out the rear view mirror.

I've probably been reading stories about this business for too long.  I'm officially desensitized.  

• Haha 1