DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Discussion.

Disappointed about Jimmy Uso. Was hoping to not really hear about him drunk driving again. Hopefully they get him into rehab.

Fucking sucks about Funk. I hate to hear about anyone having to deal with Dementia.

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

While there's never a bad time to do so, it's a good time to share the Terry Funk/ICP story:

I always loved this story, just amusing and heartwarming.

Edited by Eivion

20 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Residential care is at least better than assisted living or long term care.

Though I do feel for those nurses when he's having a bad day.  ?

• Like 1

I've been working on a list of wrestler names on a Google doc since right before the pandemic. Maybe I'll get lit at an indie show and confront Chuck Taylor with them, I don't know. But the list is getting too big and I have to make some cuts. I'll never give away the really good ones for free, these are the ones on the bubble-

Uan "Bank Shot" Uarez
"Fruit on the Bottom" Clementine Mooney
Problematico (aka Problem the Main Man)
"The French Vanilla Midget" Leopold Littleboeuf
Oprah Nagurski

The best name that nobody laughs at but me-

Robin "The Dogg" Finch

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Poor Terry. I hope they make him as safe and comfortable as possible. Dementia is an egg-sucking dog.

On 7/4/2021 at 8:08 PM, odessasteps said:

Does Jenn Sterger still work for them? You could have a stable of former FSU Cowgirls. Whats one more faction in that company? 

They never brought Jenn back after the pandemic.

1 hour ago, Custos said:

To add to the chorus, a close school friend of mine and gifted, talented boy was cut down at 14 by a drunk driver.

https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/352414.drink-driver-is-jailed-for-killing-schoolboy/

Jimmy’s got no excuse not to go to rehab or get some help. Or just spend some of his fucking money on not endangering others.

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

My brother was killed by a drunk driver.   Jimmy needs help and now.  Not tomorrow.  Sad to hear about Funker too.  

So sorry for your losses.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Dory Jr. is 80 now if anybody was wondering. Hopefully he's still in good health. Terry is 77. 

I forget where I read or heard it, but it was said the difference between Dory and Terry was Terry could adapt with the times and that's how he stayed so relevant for so long. Dory wrestled the same exact match for the last 55 years. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I forget where I read or heard it, but it was said the difference between Dory and Terry was Terry could adapt with the times and that's how he stayed so relevant for so long. Dory wrestled the same exact match for the last 55 years. 

Well... Terry was always a touch crazy. Even before he was middle aged and crazy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I've been working on a list of wrestler names on a Google doc since right before the pandemic. Maybe I'll get lit at an indie show and confront Chuck Taylor with them, I don't know. But the list is getting too big and I have to make some cuts. I'll never give away the really good ones for free, these are the ones on the bubble-

Uan "Bank Shot" Uarez
"Fruit on the Bottom" Clementine Mooney
Problematico (aka Problem the Main Man)
"The French Vanilla Midget" Leopold Littleboeuf
Oprah Nagurski

The best name that nobody laughs at but me-

Robin "The Dogg" Finch

Love it.

Id like to offer up the "Real Taste of Italy" Pete Zas.

He is accompanied to the ring by his "side dishes"; Ann Chovy, Mary Narra & Faye Tuchini.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2