DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Discussion.

I have a friend who's not only a Russo fan, but has worked with him on some stuff in the past.

My friend has also been friends with guys like Will Ospreay and Mark Andrews since they were all on the UK Backyard scene together. He is also a Scientologist.

So I make friends quite indiscriminately, is what I'm saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Actually while I am at it - please stop posting every Austin Aries/Val Venis shit tweet too

They really don't need to be amplified and we really don't have the energy to have to moderate the fallout

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

WhatCulture (I know I know) is saying the WWE released Jeff Jarrett back in April

I don't think that was know (though some folks speculated... especially after he started his podcast)

He never officially retired from in-ring Wrestling, did he? Jeff Jarrett?

Jarrett vs Cody Rhodes might be interesting. Lots of parallels there.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, AxB said:

He never officially retired from in-ring Wrestling, did he? Jeff Jarrett?

Jarrett vs Cody Rhodes might be interesting. Lots of parallels there.

Interesting proposition.

Better still...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I asked this in the baseball thread and I can't believe I have to post it in the wrestling thread

Please do not post Aubrey Huff tweets

I'd never heard of Aubrey Huff before. Baseball is a different name for Rounders anyway ?.

9 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

What was his position again? I remember Zellner throwing out that he had a pretty big role.

He is/was a producer

The reason I saw that is because 

Lucha Libre Online is the source for Jarrett's status but the original tweets are in Spanish so here is the update (LLO retweet that tweet so I feel comfortable posting it)

Basically - Jarrett's deal is non-exclusive so that allows him to take indie bookies (and do the podcast)

I've figured out why the AEW ring looks different. The actual mat surface is 20x 20  like WWE's rings, but the turnbuckles are longer and the ropes are shorter. So the inside of the ropes bit of the ring is smaller, and the aprons are bigger. So they can do moves onto the apron better, and that Blade to OC top turnbuckle powerbomb was safe.

• Like 4