Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Discussion.


Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Filed under "🎶 Pestilence you can't endure 🎶"...

Jeff Hardy has tested positive for COVID.

Honestly COVID probably isn't one of the 10,000 most deadly things that have ever entered his body so he should be fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

Now I'm going to spend the rest of my day thinking about who Vice would cast as himself. A Hemsworth brother is a good suggestion,  but I don't think he actually pay anyone anything close to what it would take to hire any of them. Part if me thinks he'd just use Randy Orton, because of the chin.

In a battle between Vince's ego and Vince's parsimony I'm giving a narrow lead to his ego, especially if they get someone else to finance it.

I didn't even think of the third option, which is that they throw a bunch of money at an Oscar winner to try to give Vince some gravitas.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Vince’s pop culture reference point hasn’t reached the Hemsworths yet.

“Get me that young up and comer Val Kilmer”

If live to be there when Vince hires Val Kilmer thinking he's getting the guy from Batman and then this dude shows up. 

_119323626_gettyimages-1169022522.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

In a battle between Vince's ego and Vince's parsimony I'm giving a narrow lead to his ego, especially if they get someone else to finance it.

I didn't even think of the third option, which is that they throw a bunch of money at an Oscar winner to try to give Vince some gravitas.

Is there a young Al Pacino around?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

Honestly COVID probably isn't one of the 10,000 most deadly things that have ever entered his body so he should be fine.

049-D4-B73-7-F6-F-4160-AD1-F-3-C881-C9-B

“Jeff, you have tested positive for Covid, however, you also suffer from a thing called 3 stooges syndrome… don’t worry, it’s quite common in wrestling, Vince, Ric Flair and X-PAC have all had it”

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very random, but does anyone know if WWE is still planning on leaving Titan Tower to move to the old RBS building in Stamford? There's been so much other stuff going on with the pandemic and within wrestling the last year that I sort of forgot about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JK Simmons still has my vote for a Vince portrayal. He basically did already as J. Jonah Jameson and already has the gassed up older guy physique going.

Edited by HumanChessgame
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's so funny to me that two of the major wrestling projects in Hollywood are going to be complete whitewashing vanity projects.

I'm sure that Bischoff is going to be completely up front about Hogan's drug use, racism and politics behind the scenes. I bet that there a scene where Hogan auditons for Metallica and they say he's way better than them.

And now Vince is going to in charge of this?

Carnies gotta carny. 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spontaneous said:

Daniel Day-Lewis in the role of a lifetime...

Daniel Day-Lewis is a real method actor, preparation would be something else:

20 steak wraps, fuck all sleep, fighting the facial fuzz and no sneezing permitted.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Daniel Day-Lewis is a real method actor, preparation would be something else:

20 steak wraps, fuck all sleep, fighting the facial fuzz and no sneezing permitted.

As long as he nails the signature gait, we are all good. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Very random, but does anyone know if WWE is still planning on leaving Titan Tower to move to the old RBS building in Stamford? There's been so much other stuff going on with the pandemic and within wrestling the last year that I sort of forgot about it.

They did, I drove by them both today on my way down through DC, and I was very confused...

Edited by christopher.annino
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hasn't Val Kilmer got throat cancer now? There was something in the documentaries thread about that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2021 at 2:58 PM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Browsing YouTube I just came across Roddy Piper on Monstervision for an airing of They Live. Nothing special or anything, just reminds me how much wrestlers used to keep Kayfabe in these humorous settings before the cat was completely out of the bag. Also sounds like he’s spewing Hogan level BS. Like he didn’t play the bagpipes at Wembley Stadium in front of Princess Diana, did he?

 

Roddy was generally full of shit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I didn’t realize that was possible with private jets.

Ah, you've never followed the first 48 hours or so of free agency in the NFL, have you?

@Spontaneous DDL would just be playing Daniel Plainview all over again. There Will Be Blood is about as close to a Vince McMahon movie as you can probably get without actually making a movie about him. 

Edited by SirSmellingtonofCascadia
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How can there be a guy in WWE named Veer and he isn't managed by either Peter Jurasik or at least a guy named Londo?

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not even going to bother commenting on it in the Raw thread because I only saw the Lee result and, well, whatever, but I think Lee's vague tweets are making me dislike him. Either that, or they're just code for "they're going to keep jobbing me lol"

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm not even going to bother commenting on it in the Raw thread because I only saw the Lee result and, well, whatever, but I think Lee's vague tweets are making me dislike him. Either that, or they're just code for "they're going to keep jobbing me lol"

Survivor Series 2018 and NXT Chamoion/NXT North American Champion feel so long ago for Keith Lee.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...