DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Discussion.

9 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

What was his position again? I remember Zellner throwing out that he had a pretty big role.

He is/was a producer

The reason I saw that is because 

Lucha Libre Online is the source for Jarrett's status but the original tweets are in Spanish so here is the update (LLO retweet that tweet so I feel comfortable posting it)

Basically - Jarrett's deal is non-exclusive so that allows him to take indie bookies (and do the podcast)

I've figured out why the AEW ring looks different. The actual mat surface is 20x 20  like WWE's rings, but the turnbuckles are longer and the ropes are shorter. So the inside of the ropes bit of the ring is smaller, and the aprons are bigger. So they can do moves onto the apron better, and that Blade to OC top turnbuckle powerbomb was safe.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

"Attacked by pizza cutter?" That should be "Attacked with pizza cutter." What has the standard of copy editing come to?

Unless Gage has a side gig, well, cutting pizzas.

So he's a dug addicted bank robber and a drug addicted pizza cutter? 

He's a former Drug Addict and a one time Bank Robber, who served more than his full sentence, got clean, and stayed out of trouble.

He goes to Church and doesn't like to admit it (it's a personal thing to him; He's not an evangelical or anything. It's just going through addiction and getting out of it, a lot of people find religious belief helps with handling life after. Plus he's still grieving his brother).

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Basically - Jarrett's deal is non-exclusive so that allows him to take indie bookies (and do the podcast)

Presumably merch deals too, since he's signed exclusively to Zombie Sailor for toys.

So Natalya tweeted that she is having surgery due to her leg injury

She seemed to imply that she would be able to keep working.

That being said the WWE announced that they would provide more info about the injury (and by proxy what they are doing with tag titles) on RAW

3 hours ago, AxB said:

I've figured out why the AEW ring looks different. The actual mat surface is 20x 20  like WWE's rings, but the turnbuckles are longer and the ropes are shorter. So the inside of the ropes bit of the ring is smaller, and the aprons are bigger. So they can do moves onto the apron better, and that Blade to OC top turnbuckle powerbomb was safe.

I've been wondering that for a while. It looks bigger and smaller than a WWE ring at the same time, and your description explains why.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been putting my AEW mark gurf through the ringer on old CM Punk matches. Trying to cobble all the reasons why he's a big deal - vs. Cena, vs. Danielson, MITB, the Joe series, Hero, pipe bomb, Old Style in the shower, what have ya. Outside of the Joe vs. Necro Naylormania match I've been trying to remember which big IWA and RoH matches have Punk on commentary and hold up the best. He's the only guy I know stole a joke from me on WWE TV off of these boards so Season 3 NXT is off the table (also for a million better reasons). But I know there's some killer Punk/Prazak improv comedy routines sitting on top of a few Highspots Network classics.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

He's the only guy I know stole a joke from me on WWE TV off of these boards so Season 3 NXT is off the table 

Do you recall what the joke was? That was some prime “nobody’s watching so who gives a fuck” commentary IIRC. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati