DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Discussion.

WWE Second Quarter 2021 Results news and info tomorrow, I could post the estimates but that stuff is junk.

Anyway next year combined for most promotions will be better financial wise.

1 hour ago, olythegreat89 said:

Just a random question to throw out there, but is Jericho the modern day Terry Funk?

I said that in 2019, when he signed for AEW. That he was going there as a 49 year old former World Champ, exactly like Terry Funk going to ECW as a 48 year old former World Champ. Terry won the ECW world title so he could lose it and put over wild brawler Sabu and franchise wrestler Shane Douglas. Jericho won the AEW world title so he could lose it and put over wild brawler John Moxley and franchise wrestler Kenny Omega.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Funny you should bring that up as the latest RUMBLINGZ~! is that the Finals will now be on the Saudi show

Holy fuck that is some A++++++ trolling.

Now I'm imagining the finalists covered head to toe and you won't know who won until Raw.  ?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Whaaaaa? I mean, I can't see it being AEW and I wouldn't like it to be AEW. Maybe Bellator?

I doubt it would be Bellator, but if Bellator somehow pulled off Fedor vs. Brock in Fedor's last ever MMA fight, that would be hilarious.

20 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

How legitimate are those "insiders"? 

There are like 3-5 MMA insiders. Half of them are kinda shaky when it comes to breaking news. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

More info from the Earnings Call:

Well Vince doesn't consider AEW competition the way WCW was because WCW along with Turner was coming after WWF with more aggression. But Nick Khan said "it's sort of like a horserace where the horse has blinders on" At the same time everything is competition. Sleep is competition.

It was mentioned that views are up for WWE PPV's thanks to Peacock.  Backlash viewership was up 26%, Hell In a Cell up 25%, Money In the Bank up 46%.

WWE plans to do "large-scale international events" again, so Saudi Shows. 

Lot of other good news businesses and ratings wise for WWE. They are also improving with sponsors. 

Anyway Wrestinginc will have the full write-up for the call.

Edited by D.Z