DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Discussion.

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

i think a  "Queen of the Ring" would just be another vehicle for Charlotte.  Either she wins over Asuka in the final or someone like Toni Storm wins but then Charlotte attacks her during the ceremony like Lawler..  because SHE'S THE REAL "QUEEN"..  and there can only be one etc.. etc..   Blah. 

They'd need to run Charlotte vs. Shayna, since the latter is billed as the Queen of Spades for some reason.

28 minutes ago, Casey said:

I bet he's into crystal healing.

Yeah, would not bet against that! This man has had some really nice matches over the years and did point out that bananas are a solid source of potassium, but other than that...

Kross just can't catch a break lol. If the story had been planned for him to snap & murder Hardy and get over that he's a psychopath week two, that ain't happening now. Should just scrap it all and pretend it didn't happen. Wait until after Summer Slam and try again with the cool entrance and the hot chick. Will be interesting to see what they do now with that story.

Apparently, some IWC'er on the internet tweeted that Eddie Guerrero was a B+ player, and now Eddie Guerrero is trending because the whole-ass internet jumped in to refute such crazy talk. 

I was looking at baseball trade rumors and saw him trending. It was very confusing for a split second. 

20 hours ago, kafkonia said:

They'd need to run Charlotte vs. Shayna, since the latter is billed as the Queen of Spades for some reason.

In cartomancy, the queen of spades is considered to be a sign of intelligence. It is representative of judgment that is practical, logical, and intellectual. It represents a woman who is creative and makes her plans ahead of time.

Sexually, it connotes white women with a preference for black men. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

20 minutes ago, SirSmellingtonofCascadia said:

Apparently, some IWC'er on the internet tweeted that Eddie Guerrero was a B+ player, and now Eddie Guerrero is trending because the whole-ass internet jumped in to refute such crazy talk. 

I was looking at baseball trade rumors and saw him trending. It was very confusing for a split second. 

I figured it was the anniversary of his death or something like that. 

32 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In cartomancy, the queen of spades is considered to be a sign of intelligence. It is representative of judgment that is practical, logical, and intellectual. It represents a woman who is creative and makes her plans ahead of time.

Sexually, it connotes white women with a preference for black men. 

I'm gonna guess it's not the latter in this case.

43 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I figured it was the anniversary of his death or something like that. 

In the summer of 2005, the Dominik storyline was happening so it couldn't have been then. I always associate November with his death since Art Barr died in November too.

31 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

I'm gonna guess it's not the latter in this case.

I'm going with D. All of the above. 

7 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

*gets curious and checks Austin Aries' twitter*

Oy vey.

Yeah. My favorite part of my exchange with him was when he told me to "detach from the political theatre and try to think objectively".  Fairly talented wrestler, but certifiably koo koo for Cocoa Puffs.

This really sucks.

There is terrible news about the death of Brett Blair, Brian's son who was named after Bret Hart, who was found murdered at a remote construction site at just 29 years old. As of now, there are no clues as to what happened. I feel so bad for his family with this news coming just after the death of Paul Orndorff (one of his best friends) in addition to him just having major back surgery. Brian is a great guy and I have been reading his soon-to-be released autobiography -- a funny and serious book about life experiences during the territorial era, WWE in the 80s, the independent world, running a gym franchise and local politics  He has always been a great ambassador to this industry as president of the Cauliflower Alley Club, working with the different Halls of Fames and other groups, and work to help wrestlers down on their luck that people don't know about.

• Sad 10

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

Don't put it past Vince to make it the latter lol

Who is gonna have to tell Vince you can't use spade in that connotation anymore? I feel someone will need to gently break that news to him.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2021 at 11:43 PM, kafkonia said:

I think "Queen of Spades" has been Shayna's nickname since her MMA days.