DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Discussion.

23 minutes ago, hammerva said:
Because of this, AEW is going to trademark a similar thing saying "Shut the fuck up or we will block you on social media"

Or "we will try and have your social media account shut down." 

• Like 2

Some WWE notes:

WWE to report Second Quarter Earnings soon on July 29, this time around I will put the info as links or in the box.

WWE stock went below 50 today, so 48.68 USD −0.35 (0.71%) now.

I am not so sure if they will release more people, but they could to further reduce spending and save more money.

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Release him? With qualifications like that, he could be Lashley's next challenger. 

Seen it. Khali-Cena was better on the same show. I bought that on DVD, mostly because I must have been a masochist in a previous life. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

Release Vince. Big savings there. Dude hasn't drawn since the 90's.

Is God still on the payroll?  They haven’t used that dude since he tagged with HBK against Vince and Shane.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, hammerva said:

Can only imagine who they are planning on giving this one too.   I look forward to the shirt tied to it on the back that says "If you can't say anything nice don't saying  anything at all"

Because of this, AEW is going to trademark a similar thing saying "Shut the fuck up or we will block you on social media

E6xnLqAWQAEzQ7y?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not a new take but doing the maths, 75 years old + <50% of normal sleep + 500% of normal energy drink intake + cosmetic surgeries + steak wrap diet + running a promotion for 40 years = not looking too bad all things considered.

You can only cheat Father Time for so long before the debt comes due with interest.

Edited by Custos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Custos said:

Not a new take but doing the maths, 75 years old + <50% of normal sleep + 500% of normal energy drink intake + cosmetic surgeries + steak wrap diet + running a promotion for 40 years = not looking too bad all things considered.

I think it goes the other way and Vince's body will be like Monty Burns with the "3 Stooges Syndrome".

He's found the perfect combination of uppers, energy, dopamine, nutrition etc and is basically an indestructible, formaldehyde zombie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

I think it goes the other way and Vince's body will be like Monty Burns with the "3 Stooges Syndrome".

He's found the perfect combination of uppers, energy, dopamine, nutrition etc and is basically an indestructible, formaldehyde zombie.

SlimyRecklessInganue-size_restricted.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

One of the biggest stars of wrestling in this century could be headed back to wrestling, if all goes well. CM Punk has been in ongoing talks for a return, sources tell Fightful.

Fightful Select learned last week that CM Punk has been in talks to make a return to pro wrestling as an in-ring performer, with sources indicating that AEW is the most likely landing point. We have no confirmation of a contract officially being signed, a timetable, a set return date, or any creative plans, only that Punk and a company official have had ongoing conversations about an in-ring return.

As with any negotiations, nothing is ever fully confirmed until the deal is actually done and the subject appears on screen. 

We have heard of other companies having interest in Punk coming in to work after fans returned, but have not heard of any specific offers or overtures made towards him. 

Fightful has not officially confirmed this report with CM Punk himself or All Elite Wrestling officials. We have been told in recent days that higher ups in WWE believe that Punk is headed to AEW. 

Punk last wrestled in January 2014 for WWE, and was released later that year. In the years that followed, he pursued a career in mixed martial arts in the UFC, where he officially has an 0-1 record with 1 no contest. In addition to MMA, Punk has worked in commentary roles within the sport, and made his way into acting. He also appeared on WWE Backstage for approximately six months. Aside from his appearances on Backstage, he's only made two appearances in wrestling since leaving WWE -- both in very anonymous masked roles on the independent circuit

Source: Fightful Select

Take it with a grain of salt.

• Like 3

Punk was on Renee's podcast not long ago and said that for the right deal and storyline he would absolutely consider returning. With the McMahon's still in charge and WWE's writing being pretty awful, it wouldn't shock me at all to see him sign with AEW - whereas I am hopeful for Danielson but just feel like I'm being too hopeful, you know?

20 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Interesting. I'd take that CM Punk money and put it towards Bryan Danielson instead.

You and me both, but at this point they could bring them both in and might just do it. Also, while the guy was one of my favorites and he's a hometown-ish dude, he's also over 40, hasn't wrestled in years, and the last time I saw him, which was fairly recently, he looked ultra skinny. 

Bryan Danielson is also 40, but I think you get more out of Danielson and for longer than you do with Punk.

• Like 2

I could have seen him as an announcer for Rampage alongside Mark but in-ring performer will be interesting.  I felt for quite some time that the ship has sailed and he seems quite happy doing other things.  But if it's for the occasional match then sure why not.