DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Discussion.

13 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I think WCW shouldn’t have killed Blood Runs Cold. Glacier was actually starting to get over, and so were their matches.

is this the HOT TAKES~! thread? because as much as i like Kanyon (i'm literally wearing my Mortis Kombat shirt right now) and appreciate Wrath and Vandenburg, that angle sucked ass.

38 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

You are drunk! You just blew a uce on your breathalyzer test.

guilty as charged, but i stand by what i said. Ernest Miller was fucking horrible at the time, and Glacier was too green to hold up his end of the whole deal.

it's not the travesty it's made out to be, but it was nowhere near good.

I am putting this in a spoiler box just because, theoretically, it could end up on TV tonight but working a dark match tonight before SDL was

Spoiler

Harry Smith (Davey Boy Smith Jr)

Not really surprising and I am a little surprised it took this far into the year

3 hours ago, D.Z said:

These NXT stars may show up tonight listed below in the box, (or maybe plans change and nothing happens so whatever)

The first three on that list all worked dark matches tonight

Edit - correction all 4 did

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Oh come on, they could’ve continued keeping it separate. It’s not like the nWo was absolutely everywhere. I think somebody just lost interest more than anything.

Fucking chicken shits. I bet you Terry Taylor was involved with killing it somehow.

I don't know if your being sarcastic or not. Blood Runs Cold was put on the back burner because the nWo literally changed pro-wrestling. BRC was gimmicky and cartoonish. Great if you're still running WCWSN... But not on Nitro.

• Like 1

Money in the Bank is around 98% sold, about 9,700. Raw in Dallas 7,000+ out, 85% sold.

They have to becareful of what places they book for live events (house shows), however I think they could someday decide to further reduce them or fully scrap them.

9 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Great if you're still running WCWSN... But not on Nitro.

Be honest… Would the fans have wanted another Hogan promo, or a BRC match?

iqqxGyj.gif

I think you know, brother.

I maybe misremembering things, but Saturn got into a feud with Glacier over the super kick, and he semi shoots on Glacier in promos. Now that part we do know about, but I remember Glacier kind of being more over here even though the whole feud was designed to bury the cold  one further, and get Saturn more over with the fans as a cool bad ass.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Considering that the show was two months away, poor ticket sales doesn't seem likely. 

Didn’t tickets just go on sale yesterday for the show?  

Somebody needs to post some of those karate man matches because I want to point and laugh. 

Thinking about it, WALTER is probably impervious enough to only hurt himself. Like, I imagine he stubbed his toe on an end table only for his knee to immediately blow out.

Hey! This looks pretty Clubberin'. 

EDIT: Hoo that was a hot opener! Dudes were working hard, kept it in a good length, really liked this. I remember hating Glacier and digging Mortis as a kid, totally neutral on Wrath. The Cat was of course much hated but in retrospect hilarious. "I'm the greatest! You people make me sick."

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 4

I always dug Wrath and especially Mortis. Glacier always came off as lame to me. But I think it was his face / early 90s Sting hair. I did not like Glacier or Ernest Miller in ring in WCW. They just screamed karate guys to me. Karate didn't impress me. Being able to take a karate technique and make it flow into a wrestling spot was what popped me. Like 123 Kid's doing his backflip counter to a hiptoss then pulling a spinwheel kick out of nowhere. But the lame karate fighting stance, kick, block, kick stuff was pretty dull compared to the cruiserweights and the hosses throwing bombs at each other on the rest of the card.