DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Discussion.

10 minutes ago, just drew said:

This is hilarious to me. They don't think this guy is worth keeping around, but they're terrified he's gonna go somewhere where he might make a difference. Doesn't his 90 day run out like two days before All Out?

I would guess the guy panicking was doing so more for making a fairly big clerical fuck up. I doubt his panicked lessened once he realized the person he fucked this up with was End/Black.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

I would guess the guy panicking was doing so more for making a fairly big clerical fuck up. I doubt his panicked lessened once he realized the person he fucked this up with was End/Black.

That's fair. It's just hysterical to me that the worldwide leader in this industry messed up something like that.

I have to ask a probably dumb question: If I order something from IVP Videos that is not explicitly described as a BluRay, what the hell am I actually ordering?  A DVD? A download? A link to a stream?  The website doesn't have any actual information on it.

26 minutes ago, just drew said:

This is hilarious to me. They don't think this guy is worth keeping around, but they're terrified he's gonna go somewhere where he might make a difference. 

Not only that, those extra 60 days are so critical. Like he's been on WWE TV, so we have to make sure he doesn't appear anywhere for three months. If he shows up somewhere else only one month later, people might remember who he is!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, just drew said:

That's fair. It's just hysterical to me that the worldwide leader in this industry messed up something like that.

Eh. It happens. I don't remember all of the details but in the NBA in the early 2000s there was a guy on the Miami Heat that had a 5 or 8 million dollar opt in clause and his agent didn't fax the paperwork in on time so the Heat were off the hook for the salary.

47 minutes ago, just drew said:

WWE just tweeted Bayley is out for nine months after suffering an injury training. They'll name her replacement tonight.

I believe this brings SDL's women's roster count down to 5?  

EDIT -- It's 6.  

Bianca (c),  Nattie/Tamina (tag c), Liv, Carmella, and Reckoning

22 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

I have to ask a probably dumb question: If I order something from IVP Videos that is not explicitly described as a BluRay, what the hell am I actually ordering?  A DVD? A download? A link to a stream?  The website doesn't have any actual information on it.

A nice, proper, burnt DVD who's menu might not work on your PS2 (lookin' at you, 2003 G1 Climax).

• Like 1

Just now, John E. Dynamite said:

A nice, proper, burnt DVD who's menu might not work on your PS2 (lookin' at you, 2003 G1 Climax).

Thank you!  I was too embarrassed to e-mail him to ask.

44 minutes ago, just drew said:

WWE just tweeted Bayley is out for nine months after suffering an injury training. They'll name her replacement tonight.

Back home from having tea with my very dear friend to read this, fuck. I think Bayley's the last of the four Horsewomen to get injured. Bayley's treatment has been terrible since she dropped the WWE Smackdown Live Women's Championship ending her year long reign to Sasha Banks at Hell in a Cell last year. Bayley as the WWE Smackdown Live Women's Champion, Sasha Banks WWE RAW Women's Champion and holding the WWE Women's Tag Team Champions as the Golden Role Models was one of the few 2020 highlights in WWE. Get well soon, Bayley xxx.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Back home from having tea with my very dear friend to read this, fuck. I think Bayley's the last of the four Horsewomen to get injured. Bayley's treatment has been terrible since she dropped the WWE Smackdown Live Women's Championship ending her year long reign to Sasha Banks at Hell in a Cell last year. Bayley as the WWE Smackdown Live Women's Champion, Sasha Banks WWE RAW Women's Champion and holding the WWE Women's Tag Team Champions as the Golden Role Models was one of the few 2020 highlights in WWE. Get well soon, Bayley xxx.

Yeah, it really was pretty pathetic how she carried Smackdown for three quarters of the pandemic and then they didn't have shit for her to do at Mania. I hope she gets well, and I hope better things come for her upon her return. If I were her I'd be asking myself if I really thought WWE was ever gonna treat me the way they treat the other Horsewomen, and what companies might be willing to treat me that way....

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, just drew said:

Yeah, it really was pretty pathetic how she carried Smackdown for three quarters of the pandemic and then they didn't have shit for her to do at Mania. I hope she gets well, and I hope better things come for her upon her return. If I were her I'd be asking myself if I really thought WWE was ever gonna treat me the way they treat the other Horsewomen, and what companies might be willing to treat me that way....

Here's hoping because Bayley deserved so much better at WrestleMania especially and all this year after carrying WWE in the pandemic era. When I think of the pandemic era MVPs, it's Sasha Banks, Bayley, Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns and Drew McIntyre.

3 minutes ago, nofuture said:

PWInsider is saying Bayley has a torn ACL. 

That was my first guess. A neck injury was the second.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Per the length of time - it makes sense

Yeah, that or a neck injury. Those are the two worst injuries to have for recovery time on the bench. Longer still if there's additional ligament tears in the knee. Tegan Nox's last one is the worst I can ever remember for fucking everything in it.

Edited by The Natural

1 hour ago, just drew said:

This is hilarious to me. They don't think this guy is worth keeping around, but they're terrified he's gonna go somewhere where he might make a difference. Doesn't his 90 day run out like two days before All Out?

I like Murphy, but I don’t feel like he’s going to make a difference no matter where he goes.  I wonder if the 90 day no-compete’s haven’t outlived their usefulness.  The majority of WWE cuts aren’t going to sell tickets or affect ratings.

A few can move the needle in AEW or elsewhere, but…. so what?  Vince dominates the industry and has the deepest talent pool in the industry.  AEW has done very well against WWE, but they’re still not in a position to replace WWE.  The WWE will be extremely profitable for the foreseeable future and it’s hard to see a scenario where they can’t find a tv partner even if tv ratings continue to crater.  AEW could sign a couple dozen Tommy Ends, Andrades, and Brawn Stroman’s and it might not make a significant difference.

No, I was kinda being sarcastic. I could've said it better, though. It's just funny to me that they still do dumb shit like this. Hiring the wrong one legged wrestler, signing the wrong Yoshi Tatsu, and this. 

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

WWE announced more live events for Sept,  Raw, Smackdown, Extreme Rules and the Supershows. Two WWE live events as well but they may be Smackdown brand only.

The fact that they are running a Super show on the 20th anniversary of 9/11 in DC is a... choice

Just now, RIPPA said:

The fact that they are running a Super show on the 20th anniversary of 9/11 in DC is a... choice

They gotta remind everyone that 9/11 is comparable to Vince's steroid trial.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, just drew said:

No, I was kinda being sarcastic. I could've said it better, though. It's just funny to me that they still do dumb shit like this. Hiring the wrong one legged wrestler, signing the wrong Yoshi Tatsu, and this. 

Who were they trying to sign with this one?

2 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Who were they trying to sign with this one?

I'm gonna do some googling. I may be getting that story mixed up with another one.

13 minutes ago, just drew said:

It’s rumored that they were interested in signing Milano Collection AT years ago, but passed on signing him after mistakenly scouting Milanito Collection AT and deciding he was too short.

Similar names, different Japanese wrestlers.   Milanito was 5’4” so yeah….On the other hand, I can’t imagine Vince getting Milano’s charisma or his ring work, so it might have been just as well.

Edited by Eoae