DVDVR Message Board

July 2021 Wrestling Discussion.

3 hours ago, Eivion said:

Stardom posted several 2+ hour vids a few months back that showcase some of their earlier and bigger matches.

Just saved all of those videos to my Watch Later part of my YouTube profile, thanks. For anyone wondering, the two videos you mention at the end of the post (Wonder title and World of Stardom title) are easily found - the latter was in my recommendations on the left side, and the former was easy to find on their account.

That's my Friday afternoon/night sorted right there.

• Like 1

Not super wrestling related but my son watches this youtube show called Numberjacks about cartoon numbers who solve problems. One of the villains is called The Numbertaker. I want a Numbertaker vs. Undertaker showdown now.

artworks-wVW5zJkwzguJ71qJ-cICnTQ-t240x24   sTAKER_01001991_0030-1138755437.jpg

Edited by cwoy2j
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

On 7/1/2021 at 6:26 AM, Spontaneous said:

Match of the year for me currently is either Jeff Cobb vs Shingo or Walter vs Ciampa. America seems to have reopened but the rest of the world still has to deal with covid restrictions, curious how the rest of 2021 plays out.

Both of those were great. I think that match was my turning point on becoming a Cobb fab. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I've seen WALTER/Ciampa come up enough the last few pages, that I'm gonna finally break and track it down. I really miss seeing WALTER, he's got such a freaking great aura

WALTER is a must see, he has that aura few have. You're in for a treat.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I've seen WALTER/Ciampa come up enough the last few pages, that I'm gonna finally break and track it down. I really miss seeing WALTER, he's got such a freaking great aura

It is fantastic. They did the little things right. I say this as someone who isn't a big fan of NXT and it's current offerings. Anyone who hasn't seen it, check it out. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

It is fantastic. They did the little things right. I say this as someone who isn't a big fan of NXT and it's current offerings. Anyone who hasn't seen it, check it out. 

I felt the same way about Walter/Dragunov from last year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cwoy2j said:

Not super wrestling related but my son watches this youtube show called Numberjacks about cartoon numbers who solve problems. One of the villains is called The Numbertaker. I want a Numbertaker vs. Undertaker showdown now.

artworks-wVW5zJkwzguJ71qJ-cICnTQ-t240x24   sTAKER_01001991_0030-1138755437.jpg

That can't be a coincidence, can it? They knew what they were going for, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

That can't be a coincidence, can it? They knew what they were going for, right?

They had to. The character moves slowly and deliberately like early Taker and has a creepy theme song

• Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 9:17 PM, Curt McGirt said:

You are psychic. I was thinking "man if he shaves it all off he will look way too much like Bundy. He needs a short mohawk and some stubble... like Vader."

I think we got a potential new Vader/Bundy in Otis. He can throw people around. Do the big guy big splash. Gable as his mouth piece just sending him to squash people works on so many levels.

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Today in "Why no selling for Dan Spivey is a very bad idea":

LOL at Avalanch just hiding for everything that goes down.

Also LOL at the NWA/WCW production crew not knowing how to spell "Avalanche".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Was the other member of Indus Sher released? It's weird that they only paired one of them with Jinder, with the same gimmick. 

I read that he just wasn't ready for TV yet. Not sure how accurate or legit that is.

• Thanks 1

Finally watched the last episode of the WWE Hidden Treasures show trying to get a hold of the Ric Flair Black Butterfly rope from Royal Rumble 1992 and it is just hilarious.   So this famous rope was apparently left in a hotel room in Tennessee and stuck in lost and found for months and month until someone just decided to take it.  This by the way is the only part of this story that I actually believe happened.   So after 20 some years of looking for it the guy sold in on ebay and someone won it for $10K.  Now it is time to get this robe so it can be put in a closet for decades and decades.   So the guy wants "the jungle/lion robe" and a pair of boots.   Which of course Charles Robinson has.  Actually that is only the 2nd part of this story I actually believe.  They make Little Naitch cry and eventually gives him another robe in order to get it.  Conrad has got the boots.  So they have all this shit.  Now he wants 20K added to it.   They are pissed but says fine let's meet up and finalize the deal.  Then when they finally meet the fucker trying to ask for $50K and then $60K as final offer with the 2 items.  Of course money bags Conrad gives him the money

If the person involved in this knew what all of this was built around putting shit in a warehouse and this was a legit deal, I admire the ability to swindle an extra 50K.   Although I am doubting most of this happened 

I'd try to get as much money as possible out of WWE too, if only to see how worked up I could get that AJ guy or whatever his name is. Weeks later and I'm still very amused by his reaction to Sonny Onoo holding an auction for the Giant Machine mask.

YOU HAVE NO RIGHT!!!!

So Lana/CJ was on Jericho's podcast and said she' s only returning to wrestling if she gets a no-cut clause in her contract.  More power to her if she can get that, but I laughed when I heard that.  I'm a big believer in knowing how much you are worth to an employer and leveraging that knowledge to get penny possible, but I kinda feel like this is a case of someone greatly overestimating her value in the marketplace.  

I listened to that episode the other day and I honestly don't remember her mentioning the stuff about a no-cut contract. But I was doing other things and kind of half-listening, since, I mean, it's Lana.