DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Who was the last person WWE cut (rather than them leaving voluntarily) who later returned to the company and made TV? Because it's not happened for a good while, has it?

He was only released for like a month or so, but the most recent person to fit the description would have to be Samoa Joe.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AxB said:

Devitt is 40 years old, which would probably say to Vince that it's time to start phasing him down (although AJ Styles is four years older... but he is being used as a mentor to that El Gigante 2.0 guy now). But he still looks and moves like he's super young, and it kind of feels like WWE hasn't got everything out of him that they could have. So perhaps they'll try to hang on to him.

Arguably he himself has more value on the open market than he does in WWE, but we don't know his mind.

Who was the last person WWE cut (rather than them leaving voluntarily) who later returned to the company and made TV? Because it's not happened for a good while, has it?

I'd just finished the second book by Jim Ross and my god the ammt of shit he went through being let go and coming back only to have to deal with more shit get released and come back. Seems like he would have done anything for Vince. 

11 hours ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Did Zelina leave on her own and come back or was she let go?  I thought it had to do with her twitch acct but I could be wrong.

She wouldn't give up her Twitch and OnlyFans, tweeted out that she supported unionization in wrestling, and literal minutes later they announced she had been released. Then brought her back like 8 months later, after they fired her husband.

Edited by Casey

1 hour ago, Casey said:

She wouldn't give up her Twitch and OnlyFans, tweeted out that she supported unionization in wrestling, and literal minutes later they announced she had been released. Then brought her back like 8 months later, after they fired her husband.

Maybe it's just your wording but she was hired with the promise that her and her husband would be on the same brand, THEN they fired him.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Ace said:

It's a tie-in to Rock's Netflix movie.

The initial reveal of Vince showing off the egg was one of the most unintentionally hilarious bits of WWE television all year, as it was obvious that no one smartened up the pre-game panel to the movie tie-in and they all seemed as confused as the audience as to the egg gimmick.

And that honestly right there is one of the bigger signs to me that WWE has lost its fastball at nearly every level possible. Even in times when the in-ring product was in shambles, they would always make sure to hammer home the dumb promotional tie-in gimmicks and angles.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

Gotta promote that massive bomb of a movie.

I haven't seen it. I have no comment on the quality of it. But this statement is pretty wrong. It broke the record for the most viewed opening weekend of a movie ever on Netflix. So maybe it's total garbage quality wise, again haven't seen it, but certainly not a bomb.

But just like the panel I had no fucking idea why Vince had some dumb gold egg. Even thought it was going to be some kind of reward for the winning brand or some shit at first lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spontaneous said:

I thought the egg thing was some Goobly Gooker joke I missed.

glad i'm not the only one. i didn't watch Raw, but i saw McMahon trending and everyone making egg jokes and the picture posted, and had no idea what was going on. 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I haven't seen it. I have no comment on the quality of it. But this statement is pretty wrong. It broke the record for the most viewed opening weekend of a movie ever on Netflix. So maybe it's total garbage quality wise, again haven't seen it, but certainly not a bomb.

But just like the panel I had no fucking idea why Vince had some dumb gold egg. Even thought it was going to be some kind of reward for the winning brand or some shit at first lol.

Given that Netflix's numbers are entirely internal and unvetted I think maybe we should view their assertion that their movie got watched 70 million(!) times in one weekend with some healthy skepticism.

Anywho, might as well throw in here that Scotty 2 Hotty asked for his release from the WWE today.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Given that Netflix's numbers are entirely internal and unvetted I think maybe we should view their assertion that their movie got watched 70 million(!) times in one weekend with some healthy skepticism.

While healthy skepticism about the exact number is fair, there's already early talk of filming two sequels back to back. So Netflix must be somewhat satisfied with the success of the film.