DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

4 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

Jeff Jarrett is definitely twitching right now and looking through his money-mark-a-dex

He knows a guy with money to burn. I expect "Ad Free Wrestling Federation" in 2022.

• Haha 5

This news breaking hits different while I'm listening to Heyman give Helwani his bullshit sales pitch for young wrestlers. There can't be a way he believes a word of it. 

Edit: Heyman just put over Mustafa Ali big. Make sure he doesn't answer his phone. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

This news breaking hits different while I'm listening to Heyman give Helwani his bullshit sales pitch for young wrestlers. There can't be a way he believes a word of it. 

Edit: Heyman just put over Mustafa Ali big. Make sure he doesn't answer his phone. 

I've said this before, but I think Ali is the new Zack Ryder, in that someone hates him wayyyy too much to let him go somewhere else and be happy. That's the only reason I can think of that he keeps making it through these cuts. I think the guy's incredible, but it's clear they're just keeping him so no one else gets him...

• Like 2

I was just listening to Tegan Nox's interview on Taylor Wilde's podcast and thinking how cool and funny she came across and how I was happy that the company was still invested in her despite some pretty horrible luck. And now here we are. Smh 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Gonzo said:

Yep. Hit Row made their debut on Smackdown on 23 October. B-Fab went as part of the last purge and the rest of them are gone as of today.

I honestly wonder if that is what killed them in Vince's eye. I don't watch a lot of the TV anymore but I was watching that show. Hit Row debuted to a weird mix of boos, some cheers, and silence from the crowd in fucking Wichita. " God Dammit Bruce, if they can't get over in Wichita, how are they gonna get over in Sheboygan?" 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Also, I don't think I have any interest in ever seeing John Morrison ever. Let him go back to making direct to streaming movies or whatever.

I don't know anything about anyone in Hit Row except Swerve.

• Like 1

WWE's record profits may take a hit once the new contract negotiations are up,  so maybe they are trying to clean house of anyone who makes more than $50k a year outside of the top talents.  Maybe they really are selling.   Or maybe they said hey we can probably do 1.4 million on RAW with jobbers. 

The Hit Row saga is sooo dumb.  So much time invested, they debut and wham. Not even a chance.  Wonder what Hunter thinks.. 

1 hour ago, just drew said:

Johnny All is gonna be dope on TBS in January...

Going with "Johnny All" instead of "Johnny Elite" is an excellent "went with the less obvious choice" dad joke, and you deserve more love thrown at you for this.

Also more tomatoes thrown at you, too, but that's the point of making a quality dad joke.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The Hit Row saga is sooo dumb.  So much time invested, they debut and wham. Not even a chance.  Wonder what Hunter thinks.. 

"I can't believe this old piece of shit is going to outlive me."

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1

With the exception of Hit Row I kind of get the latest releases. Not sure why they ever even brought Morrison back. 

Hit Row's firing is moronic on basically every level, but also pretty unsurprising with B-Fab getting inexplicably released in the last batch. Bray's release pretty much showed they don't really care or know what the hell they are doing with all these releases at this point as even a big merch mover can be released for no real sensible reason. Hit Row wasn't there yet, but they showed the most potential out of the NXT callups so how they got fired before getting anything resembling a shot is dumbfounding. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Johnny Dynamite or Johnny Rampage are right there.    Also, Johnny Dark.  i don't really wanna see him though.  

Turn this into a Three Faces of Hennigan thing and I think I'm sold.

Edited by Sammo~!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4