DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

4 minutes ago, AxB said:

Is that all of Hit Row gone already?

And Drake Maverick again? After what happened last time? Jesus.

Yep. Hit Row made their debut on Smackdown on 23 October. B-Fab went as part of the last purge and the rest of them are gone as of today.

Well given that Max Caster decided to call Top Dolla out specifically in a rap a couple weeks ago, I would expect them to at least bring them in for a a couple shows whether it the whole group or just Swerve and Adonis.   I guess we should have known the end was near when sami Zayn was doing shit with them. 

Tegan Nox just kept getting injured and I figured Nick Khan sees that as a risk not worth the reward.   Does explain the Shotzi heel turn

• Like 2

I hope that Top Dolla's social media idiocy wasn't what got Swerve fired. There was one guy in Hit Row who earned his way to the big stage, and a bunch of PC products who were definitely more Enzo Amore than Big E Langston.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

What's this?

Well, he made a Young Bucks diss track (using the BTE theme as his beat), which is what Max Caster was responding to when he dissed Dolla on TV. And then, after the Shanky and Jinder rap thing on Smackdown, he made a diss track on them, which was pretty racist against Indian people. And also, both of his tracks were shite.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As discussed earlier in the thread, figured it was only a matter of time for Morrison and Ryker. Morrison especially was treated like shit from the moment he went back. Glad for he and Taya to be free. Also look forward to seeing Swerve somewhere good again. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My fave Top Dolla moment was when he did an interview saying he’d have no problem putting over Roman Reigns. I’m sure the Tribal Chief was touched.

None of these cuts terribly surprising but I also see people doing the ‘blame Nick Khan.’ It’s literally just Vince. If he thought any of these people were worth a shit they’d still be there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DreamBroken said:

As discussed earlier in the thread, figured it was only a matter of time for Morrison and Ryker. Morrison especially was treated like shit from the moment he went back. Glad for he and Taya to be free. Also look forward to seeing Swerve somewhere good again. 

Johnny Majors would be dope on MLW

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hagan said:

None of these cuts terribly surprising but I also see people doing the ‘blame Nick Khan.’ It’s literally just Vince. If he thought any of these people were worth a shit they’d still be there.

I mean is that any different than last year when so many people blame Paul Heyman of all people for some of the firings.   I am sure to this day Doc and Gallows thinks Vince had nothing to do with their release.   Then you had Aleistar Black all over the place trying to figure out blame that didn't have Vince's name of it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hector said:

It's really too bad that no other network seems interested in wrestling because there's more than enough talent to build up a new national promotion. It probably wouldn't take AEW levels of capital either.

Jeff Jarrett is definitely twitching right now and looking through his money-mark-a-dex

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

1 minute ago, Hector said:

It's really too bad that no other network seems interested in wrestling because there's more than enough talent to build up a new national promotion. It probably wouldn't take AEW levels of capital either.

Eventually someone has to see AEW's precocious success and put two and two together. Whoever pulls the trigger needs to make sure they hire the right "wrestling person" for the day-to-day, though, not, like, Russo or Bischoff or someone.

I'm just over here wondering where the tipping point is. Like at what point do the biggest and most die hard WWE fans start to question why they still give WWE their time and money? At a certain point I would think enough is enough when it comes to treating the performers like interchangeable cogs with no value. But I also would have thought it would have happened long before now.

Is there a pro WWE office spin on what the fuck the purpose was of drafting a faction and firing them all in less than a month? If you didn't like thier work why waste that TV equity? Draft 4 other people that you do like. I just don't get it. Has Vince been around so long and made so much money that he really just doesn't care anymore? These are all just random nameless crayons he uses on a coloring book he knows will always sell? Who gives a fuck about the crayons, people pay for "my art".

I donno man, just don't get the timing for Hit Row especially.

• Like 1