DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

I would/will surely watch that movie, but my expectations are low. Horror film fans, whether nerds or professionals, rarely make effective horror movies - rather they make horror movies about horror movies, flexing and showcasing their knowledge as homages and originality as over-the-top effects, to the sacrifice of story and elegance. See: Zombie, Rob.

In fact, this post-modern/meta creator output is one of my dislikes of modern (for too much of indy) wrestling. Everything gets too precious and self-referential - leave something up to the audience instead of trying to get them involved. I DON"T WANT TO BE PART OF THE SHOW I WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED.

Sorry, I get aggro and negative.

• Like 5

From the new WON

Spoiler

The story behind the releases of Dorado & Metalik is that both asked for their release after being asked to lose on Main Event to Garza & Carrillo on 9/13 in Boston. The story behind it is that there were those in the company who viewed this as punishment for Dorado, who was booked to lose the fall (usually that would be Metalik when the team would lose) to a makeshift team. At the time there were no plans for Garza & Carrillo and Dorado was hot after the match and asked to talk to Vince. As you can imagine, that wasn’t viewed well, wanting to talk to Vince over the result of a match on Main Event that almost nobody would ever see outside of Canada. Dorado was the one who asked out first after this match and Metalik agreed to do it as well. We were told that Metalik had wanted out but he was not the kind of a guy who would have asked out. The belief is that more likely than not they would not have survived this round of cuts either way. Both were not given their releases at the time, but it was not a good sign when neither was mentioned in the draft, which kind of showed how the company viewed them after they asked out. And then they were let go in the latest set of cuts. The ironic thing is that the company had no plans for Garza & Carrillo and this match may have saved their jobs because those who actually watched the match thought the two looked good together and it led to the decision to actually go heel with Carrillo and make them a regular team

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

As you can imagine, that wasn’t viewed well, wanting to talk to Vince over the result of a match on Main Event that almost nobody would ever see outside of Canada.

Calling a wrestler petty for refusing to do a meaningless job...

.....after specifically assigning that meaningless job as punishment.

Vince: "Go ahead and eat this pile of shit!  It's punishment!" 

Dorado: "No way!  I'm not eating a pile of shit!"

Vince: "Why are you so uncooperative?"

Motherfucker is so petty, no wonder their viewership is free falling.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 7

This is the nit pick of nit picks but in this specific case I am assuming the people thinking Dorado was being a pain where on the level of like Kevin Dunn/Johnny Ace/a random agent - basically whoever it is that someone "on Dorado's level" need to go through to talk to Vince

I highly doubt Vince had any idea about the booking of Main Event or knew Dorado wanted to speak with him

Your point is absolutely correct - I would just say in this case it was more like Bruce Pritchard complaining to folks that Dorado was ungrateful

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Calling a wrestler petty for refusing to do a meaningless job...

.....after specifically assigning that meaningless job as punishment.

my thoughts exactly. "why are you complaining? Nobody's going to watch the show anyway?"

"then why fucking bother?"

• Sad 1

It cannot be stated enough what a miserable, soul crushing place that must be to work for.

Kiss Vince's ass, but not too much, or he'll lose respect for you.

Fight for yourself, GRAB THAT BRASS RING PAL~!  and gain Vince's respect, but not too much, or you'll be deemed "difficult."

Petty, schoolyard bullshit and humiliations to keep you in your place.

Get hired by people who know exactly who you are and what you bring to the table, only to be told to change all that.

Do everything right, sell lots of merch, get fired anyway.

We're hearing about mental health from people at AEW.  Can you imagine what personal hell WWE workers are going through?

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

From the new WON

Hide contents

The story behind the releases of Dorado & Metalik is that both asked for their release after being asked to lose on Main Event to Garza & Carrillo on 9/13 in Boston. The story behind it is that there were those in the company who viewed this as punishment for Dorado, who was booked to lose the fall (usually that would be Metalik when the team would lose) to a makeshift team. At the time there were no plans for Garza & Carrillo and Dorado was hot after the match and asked to talk to Vince. As you can imagine, that wasn’t viewed well, wanting to talk to Vince over the result of a match on Main Event that almost nobody would ever see outside of Canada. Dorado was the one who asked out first after this match and Metalik agreed to do it as well. We were told that Metalik had wanted out but he was not the kind of a guy who would have asked out. The belief is that more likely than not they would not have survived this round of cuts either way. Both were not given their releases at the time, but it was not a good sign when neither was mentioned in the draft, which kind of showed how the company viewed them after they asked out. And then they were let go in the latest set of cuts. The ironic thing is that the company had no plans for Garza & Carrillo and this match may have saved their jobs because those who actually watched the match thought the two looked good together and it led to the decision to actually go heel with Carrillo and make them a regular team

Reading that gave me a headache.

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

So, it is he said, they said. Who to believe? If Keith Lee was being disingenuous, he had to know it would come to light; but by the same token, why was it notable enough for WWE to respond? They have been accused of much worse explicitly and said nothing, but Keith Lee simply says that he paid his own medical bills and suddenly WWE is all "Hold on hoss!"

• Haha 1

Yeah for whatever it is worth of WWE's many sins they generally haven't avoiding paying people's medical costs when they are injured or something else comes up when working there. Covid stuff would be something that hasn't come up prior but it would be a change for them to not.

It could be something as simple as "He went with a provider our plan didn't cover."

I once worked at a furniture store, and a man tried to return his mattress because he'd expected his insurance company to pay for it and they wouldn't because it didn't meet their criteria as a therapeutic mattress (TheraPedic =\= therapeutic, folks.)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kafkonia said:

It could be something as simple as "He went with a provider our plan didn't cover."

Logical if they offered ANY kind of health insurance to their "independent contractors". But they don't. So this isn't a possible explanation.

If Keith Lee has any kind of medical insurance, he pays for it out of his own pocket. So it honestly could just be a semantics thing here. I consider health insurance bills as "medical bills". Maybe WWE doesn't. But even if WWE paid whatever treatment cost that his individual health insurance didn't cover, he still had to pay his own medical bills (his insurance premiums).

4 hours ago, Log said:

WWE turned down Lee’s request for reimbursement of his bills because he made the mistake of going to a hospital

WWE only covers expenses from nearby medical facilities. 

For a second, I thought you meant Brodie (while he was there). 

6 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

The Mariel Boatlift of the WWE trying to flood AEW with wrestlers continues

"I kill a Johnny Ace for fun, but for an "is All Elite" tweet, I gonna carve him up real nice."

• Haha 2