DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

36 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I'm baffled as to how they fucked him up after his Survivor Series performance. Dude looked like a boss and was over as fuck. Granted him getting sick was no one's fault, but there's no reason to have not pushed him like crazy prior to that.

I think we should all be more surprised when they don't fuck something up. Look at Bron Breakker--he should be an easy layup for them, but they've already shown they don't know how to book him. Even WCW knew how to book Goldberg for a few months after his debut. And Bron isn't even on the main roster yet. NXT is supposed to be a "safe space" from the general WWE idiocy.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

keep in mind that Dax is a North Carolinian, so WCW was the evolution of the hometown promotion (that killed their business in North Carolina several times over the years)

People whose first wrestling was JCP/WCW see them as the good guys and people whose first wrestling was pre-1984 WWF might think Chief Jay Strongbow was cool.

He's still a dumbass for tweeting that.

• Like 2

Ryker has a military background. It's his only attribute at this point. But Montez Ford is right there as former military with a lot more upside. So who knows.

The anti-vaccination story holds water. Several of the rumored anti-vaxxers were on RAW--away from two-time cancer survivor Roman Reigns. And if they can't travel outside the USA or even perform in bigger American cities because of the rules coming in, they're not of much value to WWE.

As for the releases. . .

Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado asked to be let go, which is understandable. They didn't even get drafted and barely got used as a jobber team in recent months.

Oney Lorcan went as far as he could in NXT/WWE. He wouldn't have made it to the main roster. I suspect a similar thought was put in with Trey Baxter, though he had been there for a shorter time.

I don't recall anything about Jeet Rama and Harry Smith was barely used.

Katrina Cortez and Zayda Ramier have upside, but the writing was on the wall when Amari Miller and Valentina Feroz started getting featured on 205 Live and they didn't.

Jessi Kamea had been around longer than most realized. She's decent in the ring with a good look, but as far as tall brunettes go in NXT, Indi Hartwell is more athletic and the stronger on-screen presence. And once Aliyah got called up, it left Jessi in a void.

I think Eva Marie came back for a quick payday before going back to Hollywood to do VOD movies with Bruce Willis.

Ember Moon was always a weird fit for WWE. Incredible in the ring, but she had that odd feud with Bayley that fell flat. Once Shotzi got called up, NXT had nothing for her. And they didn't figure out who she was supposed to be--werewolf, forest goddess? They couldn't ever get it right.

Franky Monet shouldn't have ever been in NXT. She should have been straight to the main roster. She can wrestle, she has the character work down cold, can talk and has a different look from the other women. Putting her in NXT was a waste of time.

B-Fab is a headscratcher. Her two matches weren't anything to write home about, but they had her and the rest of Hit Row interacting with New Day last week, which is usually a good sign. And she supposedly signed a new deal within the last 7-10 days.

Nia is 37 with bad knees and a creaky back stemming from when she and Rock's mom got t-boned in a bad car accident years ago. Her days as a singles star were at their end, and they broke up her tag team with Shayna Baszler. Throw in the possible anti-vax stuff, and that's that. Still something of a surprise but I also get it, if that makes sense.

Karrion Kross was dead in the water as soon as Adam Cole blistered him in a promo. Cole peeled away every layer of Kross's façade and the guy was left looking ordinary. Didn't help that he got verbally worked over by everyone in the NXT title scene at the time, either. He didn't have the size/look to stand out next to WWE's larger main event guys. Scarlett could have been something, but she wasn't going to be a happy camper without Kross, so she goes, too. The rental gimp costume had to be a rib by someone who didn't like him and wanted to get a laugh out of Vince.

As for Keith Lee and Mia Yim--I don't know. I get the feeling he was liked well enough when he first went to RAW, but I remember him nearly breaking his neck on an over the top rope flip. He got sent to the big guy NXT class after that and from there, it was all downhill. He gets COVID, then heart troubles. Which makes me wonder if WWE thinks he won't ever get back to 100% and don't want to risk him having another issue on their clock. Mia feels similar to Ember in not quite fitting what WWE wanted, despite being quite good. I wonder if the rumors about Lee/Yim having trademark issues over their names were true. That definitely would chap WWE. Interesting that the two women in Retribution are out of WWE now.

Seeing anyone lose their job stinks, especially when you think about how many uprooted everything they had to pursue their dream career. But that's corporate America for you. It's heartless and cold and takes no prisoner. No one with any kind of heart likes it. But Vince and Nick Khan don't get paid for their bleeding hearts. Vince probably doesn't bleed, anyway.

• Like 21

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

The difference is that Marvel knows how to market its characters to non-fans while the WWE can't even interest die-hard fans in its characters and product.

Also, does anyone know where I can buy leftover Karrion Kross gimp masks cheap?  Did WWE Shop ever sell those?  I assume they're marked down down?

Edit: Um, asking for a friend.  Just want to make sure you all know I'm not in the market for a BDSM mask.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, DEAN said:

Settle down DEANcito....

Jordynne Grace:  Hey, baby!  Have you seen my phone?

Jonathan Gresham: (logs out of Twitter) Uh.... No... I haven't.  Did you leave it in the car again?

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 14

1 minute ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Seeing anyone lose their job stinks, especially when you think about how many uprooted everything they had to pursue their dream career. But that's corporate America for you. It's heartless and cold and takes no prisoner. No one with any kind of heart likes it. But Vince and Nick Khan don't get paid for their bleeding hearts. Vince probably doesn't bleed, anyway.

again, you need to have a heart before you can have a heart attack

• Like 1

I'm not a Karrion Kross fan but I felt bad for him in the above after dropping the NXT Championship. Usually you get "Thank you, *wrestlers name*" and " We will miss you." Here it's the goodbye song and "Hardy" chants. That's brutal, ditto for his main roster run.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

again, you need to have a heart before you can have a heart attack

WWE:

**We will pay for your mental health treatment. Please come to us.**

Also WWE:

**We will fire you on a whim and it may be tomorrow.**

These two things do not align very well.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

WWE:

**We will pay for your mental health treatment. Please come to us.**

Also WWE:

**We will fire you on a whim and it may be tomorrow.**

These two things do not align very well.

This. Treatment at a medical facility and not the hospital.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Reported that WWE wants to hire and have mostly younger women on the roster, well younger than 30. Exceptions to the rules apply.

John Laurenitis is BACK, baby

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Reported that WWE wants to hire and have mostly younger women on the roster, well younger than 30. Exceptions to the rules apply.

The numbers Alvarez threw out were 23 or 25 years old with the males being 27. Basically, they just want raw people they can mold for a couple of years in developmental before their 30 and then push on TV for 10 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Krone Meltzer said:

The numbers Alvarez threw out were 23 or 25 years old with the males being 27. Basically, they just want raw people they can mold for a couple of years in developmental before their 30 and then push on TV for 10 years.

I want WWE to bring back the joshi forced retirement rule.

"It's great and all that you're one of the best workers in the world and can have ****+ match every time out. Too bad you're 27."