DVDVR Message Board

The 2021 WWE Forever Purge - Part 3 of ?

Gonzo

27 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So people like Nia would get released because of not being vaxxed but the Q guy isn't?   Unless he is one of those "I am actually vaccinated but it is good for my gimmick to not admit it" thing

I'm taking it as "we needed a convoluted reason to get rid of you that seems less than personal than the actual reasons for why we're getting rid of you". I'm going to hazard a guess and say that the WWE roster isn't at 100% vaccination rate or even close to it. If they were, they would put out a press release.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Bring in Taya one week. 

If she isn't rehired on the sneak tip, Taya will probably go back to Impact as soon as her non-compete runs out (if there is one).  She'd be hot shotted to the Knockout's title in no time at all.

B-Fab didn't really impress me in her ring appearances, but she had a good promo.  I'm not really surprised that she's been released, but the timing is confusing.   She gets brought up to Smackdown, signs a contract, and is then shown the way to the out door.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If she isn't rehired on the sneak tip, Taya will probably go back to Impact as soon as her non-compete runs out (if there is one).  She'd be hot shotted to the Knockout's title in no time at all.

Didn’t she leave Impact on bad terms though? Same with Kross, who’s probably NWA-bound. Just make sure Tyrus doesn’t get Scarlett’s number.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

- Dave also confirmed that some of the releases were due to wrestlers not getting vaccinated. He says the number is 5 of the 18 however he said that "one talent in the company said that number is higher". Another reason that being vaccinated is important to the WWE is because if you are not - you can't work the tours in foreign countries (like the UK tour next week)

I feel like the CEO of my firm put it best when he said "You don't have to get vaccinated, but you had better be making this firm a sh**load of money if you expect us to put up with your bullsh**"  Well said.

Not really surprised about Lee & Yim.  Between their social media & Meltzer, I got the impression that the relationship with the front office was chilly & they possibly were still against vaccination.  Kross is more of a head-scratcher unless it has to do with vaccination status or politics.  I thought he was fairly generic, but the company invested a decent bit building him up.  With his size and look, expected him to get several chances to succeed. 

B-Fab is another ???.  Her match on NXT was terrible, but Hit Row just got called up and she didn't really need to have a wrestling role to play her part.

Sorry to see Ember Moon go, but it seemed inevitable.  Liked the way she reinvented herself in NXT, but the company seemed to have no plans for her in NXT once the team with Shotzi broke up.  Dave didn't think a call-up was in the cards for her. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Super Ape said:

Didn’t she leave Impact on bad terms though? Same with Kross, who’s probably NWA-bound. Just make sure Tyrus doesn’t get Scarlett’s number.

There was that weird Who Shot John E Bravo angle where Taya was hauled off to the "Stamford Maximum Security Correctional Facility ," but I don't recall her leaving under bad terms with management.  AFAIK, she wanted to sign with WWE to be with her husband and chose not to let her contract roll over.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Eoae said:

I feel like the CEO of my firm put it best when he said "You don't have to get vaccinated, but you had better be making this firm a sh**load of money if you expect us to put up with your bullsh**"  Well said.

That seems extremely stupid even borderline fireable for a CEO to say though (wouldn't be the first time, of course). That's basically inviting possible litigation. That isn't the same as like Jimmy Johnson disregarding Emmitt Smith sleeping during film study but getting rid of the linebacker who is fifth on the depth chart who did the same thing. That's saying "I'm willing to put the health of others on the line for one or two people but you other folks don't get that option". That's not something you would do or say on the record.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

That seems extremely stupid even borderline fireable for a CEO to say though (wouldn't be the first time, of course). That's basically inviting possible litigation. That isn't the same as like Jimmy Johnson disregarding Emmitt Smith sleeping during film study but getting rid of linebacker who is fifth on the depth chart who did the same thing. That's saying "I'm willing to put the health of others on the line for one or two people but you other folks don't get that option". That's not something you would do or say on the record.

Lol, it was a colorful expression from a guy with a history of those.  Definitely wasn't on the record and definitely wasn't a statement of the firm's official policy.  And, actually, his point was just the opposite.  Right before that, he made it clear that he didn't think anyone in the room - or the firm - was bringing the sort of billing to make it worth jumping through hoops for them.  Unvaccinted employees have cost us quite a bit in lost manpower hours, missed deadlines, etc.  What started the conversation was the mandatory vaccination policy the firm was about to announce.

And, nope, there weren't any exceptions that I know of other than the standard disclaimer for "religious or medical reasons".  Not many people got one of those  (I don't personally know of any.  The few people I know of who tried to get medical waivers couldn't get their doctors to sign off on them).

Edited by Eoae

42 minutes ago, Super Ape said:

You're thinking of Scarlett.  Taya left on fine terms, Scarlett and Kross had the fallout.

• Like 1

Just now, Eoae said:

Lol, definitely wasn't on the record.  And, actually, his point was just the opposite.  Right before that, he made it clear that he didn't think anyone in the room - or the firm - was bringing the sort of billing to make it worth jumping through hoops for them.  What occasioned the conversation was the mandatory vaccination policy the firm was about to announce.

And, nope, there weren't any exceptions that I know of other than the standard disclaimer for "religious or medical reasons".

That's still extremely stupid and flippant (if you indeed are quoting this person correctly) because the second half of is the statement doesn't exactly align with the first half. You cannot say you don't have to do X and then follow it with what amounts to "yes, you have to do X to stay employed". That's ridiculous. Just say get vaccinated. Don't pretend someone has another option when they don't.

I haven't met John Roberts (III) our CEO but I've seen him around corporate a few times for big events (we recently had our 60th anniversary event and some events for our drivers). However, I've heard him speak a few times on our virtual townhalls/Q&A sessions and whatnot. We've lost money on due to covid for several different reasons, but he would NEVER say some dumbass shit like that. Every time we get an update on our covid policy (again it hasn't changed months), it's very clear what is required of us as employees. Last I heard, we're at 80% vaccination rate (well under the target but hey it's Arkansas) and have vaccination clinics onsite every other day including today. They've been pretty straightforward in saying we want our employees to be vaccinated and with possible mandates coming the whole "it's a personal choice" will go out of the window sooner than later. There hasn't been any thing that can be construed as we're jumping through unnecessary hoops for our employees and you fuckers are costing us money. It's always been we're going to stay in compliance with state and federal laws and also exhaust every possible option for our employees to still work for us. If certain options are eliminated, we will let our employees know ahead of time.

• Like 1

The fact that they couldn't find anything to do with Scarlett Bordeaux is proof positive that they are creatively bankrupt. I renege when Kross debuted,  it was pretty obvious who the star of that act was, and it wasn't him. She jumps off the screen. In a company full of attractive,  talented people,  she has a physical charisma that is the one thing you can't really teach.  I guess it's better to dress her man up as an S&M gladiator and take away the only thing that worked with his character. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

That's still extremely stupid and flippant (if you indeed are quoting this person correctly) because the second half of is the statement doesn't exactly align with the first half.

I dunno why you think this was in a company email or something.  Ill-considered remark made to a small group of people outside of work by a guy with a drink in his hand.   But I'm not going to argue with you.  You win this bizarre little argument you want to have.  Congrats. 

Edited by Eoae

Just now, Eoae said:

I dunno why you think this was in a company email or something.  Flippant remark made to a small group of people outside of work.  But I'm not going to argue with you.  You win this bizarre little argument you want to start.  

It's not an argument. What this person said was stupid. You're not going to find anyone who says otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

It's not an argument. What this person said was stupid. You're not going to find anyone who says otherwise. 

I'd agree with that, I guess.  Though I say worse things to anti-vaxxers so I may be sued before he is .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

So people like Nia would get released because of not being vaxxed but the Q guy isn't?   Unless he is one of those "I am actually vaccinated but it is good for my gimmick to not admit it" thing

Who are you referring to? 

Never forget: 

https://streamable.com/ap0ooh

Brock made Lee look like a star and I think you could tell that Lee is someone Brock would have liked to work against.

The only thing WWE had to do with Lee was keep doing this and instead they fucked it up. There is no easy layup WWE won't miss. I'm honestly shocked Ricochet is still in WWE because he's another dude they've totally fucked up on. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Never forget: 

https://streamable.com/ap0ooh

Brock made Lee look like a star and I think you could tell that Lee is someone Brock would have liked to work against.

The only thing WWE had to do with Lee was keep doing this and instead they fucked it up. There is no easy layup WWE won't miss. I'm honestly shocked Ricochet is still in WWE because he's another dude they've totally fucked up on. 

I'm baffled as to how they fucked him up after his Survivor Series performance. Dude looked like a boss and was over as fuck. Granted him getting sick was no one's fault, but there's no reason to have not pushed him like crazy prior to that.

• Like 3

I hadn't seen a lot of Taya but I liked the Monet character.

I liked Kross too kinda. He got overexposed somehow but other promotions, or a certain other promotion I should say, seem to be able to not do that.

Next time someone gets a non-push out of the gate, WWE defenders don't get to see 'wait and see' anymore. 

I've been pretty done with this nonsense for a while and today I am sad but unsurprised. I am curious to maybe see if Thatcher ever returns and does a fightpit with Steiner but not much else. I am glad we as fans have an alternative (I appreciate some ppl don't vibe with it); I hope the ppl released today are able to indeed have better futures to endeavour towards.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hammerva said:

To be fair that is probably a few people but I was specifically talking about Ryker 

Ryker's recent career trajectory is baffling.  Forgotten Sons were called up to the main roster, then immediately pulled from TV & split up.  Supposedly, that was because of something Ryker said on social media (Meltzer backed that up, irrc).  Yet, Ryker was the one who got paired with Elias and made it to tv weekly while the other two Forgotten Sons floundered.

Ryker has a decent spot but they decide to split him off from Elias & give him a babyface push no one asked for, only to kill his push within weeks after a short feud with Elias & take him off tv again.  His main usefulness to the company appears to be Main Event & sitting around in what used to be catering, and he's apparently an anti-vaxxer which makes his future with the company a bit tenuous, but he survives a purge where several other anti-vaxxers got released. 

Weird.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Ryker's recent career trajectory is baffling.  Forgotten Sons were called up to the main roster, then immediately pulled from TV & split up.  Supposedly, that was because of something Ryker said on social media (Meltzer backed that up, irrc).  Yet, Ryker was the one who got paired with Elias and made it to tv weekly while the other two Forgotten Sons floundered.

Ryker has a decent spot but they decide to split him off from Elias & give him a babyface push no one asked for, only to kill his push within weeks after a short feud with Elias & take him off tv again.  His main usefulness to the company appears to be Main Event & sitting around in what used to be catering, and he's apparently an anti-vaxxer which makes his future with the company a bit tenuous, but he survives a purge where several other anti-vaxxers got released. 

Weird.

Agreed. Thought he surprisingly got the crowd behind him in the Symphony of Destruction match with Elias and looked good but then he wasn't on TV after for two months until he was squashed by Kross in under 2 minutes and now he's losing to Veer and Cedric on main event.